Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 116 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Except that Storybook Circus is entirely themed around that train and was built recently.
What are you even talking about? The area is themed to trains sure, but Casey Jr. is in no way what anyone comes to that area for. It's either for Dumbo, Barnstormer, Train, M&G's or walk to tomorrowland.

Stop trying to prove something that no one was even arguing anyway. Is there a chance Disney let's SW:GE rot away like River Country? Sure. There's always a chance. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Star Wars is Disney's biggest franchise and this will be their WWoHP. If they screw it up or let things get bad, fans - Star Wars fans, not just theme park fans - will let them hear about it.

More on topic, Disney filed some big permits for the land... one for Battle Escape with White-Turner listed as the contractor. The other is for exterior theming throughout the land with Nassal listed as the contractor. Zsolt Hormay will once again do the rock work.

Both permits expire on September 26, 2019, which lines up with the rumored late 2019 opening.

Its weird DHS is further behind in construction but seems to be catching up on things like exterior stuff.

Just because the lands are clones doesn't necessarily mean they will be built exactly alike. With different building codes and other things between the states, the schedules are bound to be different.

Not to mention, I'd say it's likely that the Orlando crew, specifically Nassal, has a little more experience at stuff like rockwork lately allowing them to work quicker. Theres probably info sharing going on between the sites as well. So if the CA crew has a problem at a certain phase or finds a quicker way to do things, they pass that on to FL and that speeds them up as well.

What are you even talking about? The area is themed to trains sure, but Casey Jr. is in no way what anyone comes to that area for. It's either for Dumbo, Barnstormer, Train, M&G's or walk to tomorrowland.

Stop trying to prove something that no one was even arguing anyway. Is there a chance Disney let's SW:GE rot away like River Country? Sure. There's always a chance. Doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Star Wars is Disney's biggest franchise and this will be their WWoHP. If they screw it up or let things get bad, fans - Star Wars fans, not just theme park fans - will let them hear about it.

Of course, everyone is going to have sky-high expectations for this due to Star Wars' popularity. I wonder what will happen if it flops or poses challenges because the rides refuse to work? What will be hacked when the budgets get stripped down?

Of course, everyone is going to have sky-high expectations for this due to Star Wars' popularity. I wonder what will happen if it flops or poses challenges because the rides refuse to work? What will be hacked when the budgets get stripped down?
I could see there being Diagon Alley/Gringotts-level issues when it opens, for sure. But once it dies down it won't be a big deal, just as it was once Gringotts started working fine.

Pandora already has exposed metal where the greenery and rock work has worn away from guests or weather and it's not being repaired. Similarly, many of the light up plants have broken. All the blue eggplant looking things are sufferings from water damage causing them to have visible bubbles in their light enclosures.

And for the record - it's the Casey Jr Circus Train which brought the whole circus to town - dumbo, the meet/greets, the store and snack stands. The entire area is themed around the idea that the Casey Jr (which looks like crap) pulled in at the train station and set up a traveling circus. It is the literal (by way of placement) and figurative (by way of narrative) centerpiece of that land.

Disney isn't maintaining their newest project. I fear Star Wars will suffer similar issues.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Budgets will not get stripped from this land. They will likely only be increased.

They'll make cuts in other areas, but Star Wars won't be one of them.

Reactions: SkiBum
Budgets will not get stripped from this land. They will likely only be increased.

They'll make cuts in other areas, but Star Wars won't be one of them.

And Pandora looked great for all of two weeks.

I always say to go early so you know the original Design intent of an area - but even having seen tons of changes over the years the way new Disney products are holding up is troubling.

With no pictures or other physical evidence. I was there a few weeks ago and it looked just fine.

Yes, because I spend my time in the theme parks thinking "I should take pictures of these broken things because some mouth breather on the internet isnt going to believe me when i say I saw it.."

Yes, because I spend my time in the theme parks thinking "I should take pictures of these broken things because some mouth breather on the internet isnt going to believe me when i say I saw it.."

But you do spend your time on theme park sites spreading false/exaggerated statements. I was there a month ago and everything looked fine to me.

Hit a nerve, have we?

It’s common for reports of broken effects to be accompanied by photos or video; otherwise, there’s no reason to believe that things actually are broken. So, chill.

So will Disney actually for once deliver on their promises unlike the non authentic food at Epcot, static Yeti, hardly swinging coaster carts, lightup footprints, concept art of the AK nighttime show, etc.

I think so. No more BS or cut budgets.