Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What are you even talking about? The area is themed to trains sure, but Casey Jr. is in no way what anyone comes to that area for.

Mostly because after they went through the entire approval and construction process--which apparently took years--someone figured out that their insurance wouldn't cover kids climbing on it as designed, so it was fenced off. Which basically shoots a hole in your "Disney can do no wrong in building things" thesis.

As for SW:GE Battle expectations? I expect it to be the undisputed best ride in the world. At the very least the undisputed best ride in the United States.

That’s how much confidence I have in them. I expect nothing less than brilliance.

Reactions: Joel
I wish these weren't going to be exact clones so there was something for Star Wars fans to look forward to on both coasts.

Reactions: fryoj
So will Disney actually for once deliver on their promises unlike the non authentic food at Epcot, static Yeti, hardly swinging coaster carts, lightup footprints, concept art of the AK nighttime show, etc.

I just want to point out I said ROL was pure concept art fantasy based on how World of Color related to its concept art and I was shouted down for being too pessimistic.

And froM what we've seen I actually expect Guardians to be a better ride than at least one of the Star Wars rides, if not both.

They have too much money invested in the Star Wars franchise (they paid enough for it!) to skimp on this. People are waiting to see when Disney drops the ball and screws things up with this (and kills the goose laying the golden egg), and Imagineering/Parks doesn't want to be the one that does it. I'm sure this will go WAY over budget.

They have too much money invested in the Star Wars franchise (they paid enough for it!) to skimp on this. People are waiting to see when Disney drops the ball and screws things up with this (and kills the goose laying the golden egg), and Imagineering/Parks doesn't want to be the one that does it. I'm sure this will go WAY over budget.

You say this - but UC which had the watchful eye of JK Rowling didn't want to repaint the columns in Gringotts that looked ridiculous until she literally screamed at them. And those were also defended on here by the Positive Action Brigade.

We all agree we trust Disney and WDI far less than we trust UC, no?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Mostly because after they went through the entire approval and construction process--which apparently took years--someone figured out that their insurance wouldn't cover kids climbing on it as designed, so it was fenced off. Which basically shoots a hole in your "Disney can do no wrong in building things" thesis.
I know all about that... I've also never said Disney can do no wrong. They do wrong all the f'ing time. My point was that SW:GE is an entirely different beast.

Will the same people really result in a different outcome?
Yes. That's a downright ridiculous question. One company can make good moves and bad moves. There's hundreds of factors than can affect this. Disney has made amazing attractions such as the Haunted Mansion and Battle for Sunken Treasure, as well as mediocre attractions such as Little Mermaid and Na'avi River Journey. Is it possible that Galaxy's Edge will be in the "bad" category? Sure. But is it likely? I'd say it's not. If this land fails in the smallest way, they're never going to hear the end of it from theme park fans AND Star Wars fans alike. This is Disney's true "Potter swatter," the last thing Disney wants is for it to be clearly inferior.

If we're really going to get this ridiculous, Fallon and F&F prove that all of Universal's upcoming projects are going to be crap.

Reactions: Jones14
And froM what we've seen I actually expect Guardians to be a better ride than at least one of the Star Wars rides, if not both.

Yet Martin thinks Ratatouille is a better ride than what GOTG is getting. And if neither of the SW rides are better than Ratatouille, we've got a problem.

Who to believe?!

Yet Martin thinks Ratatouille is a better ride than what GOTG is getting. And if neither of the SW rides are better than Ratatouille, we've got a problem.

Who to believe?!
Martin usually has the best & most accurate insider info of anyone on Magic, so that would concern me a bit..... He also recently said he wasn't overly impressed by FOP, qualifying it as a good ride but not a great ride. Whylightbulb essentially said the same....So much, though, comes down to personal preference. Like with Kong, Fallon & Gringotts, many of us love the attractions, but some aren't impressed. So it goes.

Reactions: Ashhanbre

Who to believe?!
I always say to take Martin's info as incredibly reliable but his opinions - especially on Epcot attractions - with a grain of salt. As Mad Dog said, everything is personal preference, but more specifically, Martin LOVED old Epcot and isn't much of a coaster fan either. GotG is a huge kick in the gut to him as far as he's concerned. I'm sure it'll be fun, although I do think they should've been more aggressive and tried to push for the best possible indoor coaster.

As for SWL, from what i've heard and is being said, we have nothing to worry about with those rides. Especially those rides being worse than Rat (for the record, I think Rat will be a perfectly fine addition, it's just nothing more than that).

I always say to take Martin's info as incredibly reliable but his opinions - especially on Epcot attractions - with a grain of salt. As Mad Dog said, everything is personal preference, but more specifically, Martin LOVED old Epcot and isn't much of a coaster fan either. GotG is a huge kick in the gut to him as far as he's concerned. I'm sure it'll be fun, although I do think they should've been more aggressive and tried to push for the best possible indoor coaster.

As for SWL, from what i've heard and is being said, we have nothing to worry about with those rides. Especially those rides being worse than Rat (for the record, I think Rat will be a perfectly fine addition, it's just nothing more than that).
Yes, I agree with your assumptions. There are so many variables to everyone's preferences, likes & dislikes, that it's nearly impossible to please everyone. Some of it's almost predictable though. Seems like people that are big coaster enthusiasts are usually more likely to embrace a coaster oriented attraction and more likely to dislike screen oriented attractions, but there's even exceptions to that. :) Myself, as long as an attraction is themed & fun, it's fine with me. I don't expect every new attraction to be heads and tails above the previous new attraction. That's a nearly impossible feat. But with me, most theme park attractions are winners. I can only think of a couple attractions/shows (Stitch, Fear Factor), between Disney & Universal I don't like. Some I like more than others, but I like just about all of them. After all of these years living in the northeast and only going to Coaster/Flat Ride parks, it's a real joy to step into a Universal or Disney Theme Park & experience true theme park attractions. I'm easy to please. :)