Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 166 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
And Disney has yet to even compare to it. Crazily the Magical Railway may be similar. But without 3D glasses, it will still be lesser.

Battle Escape is being touted as AA heavy, but as still think it will be mostly Stormtroopers, and just a few marquee monsters. Oh, and a Kylo Ren with a glowing animated face :).
Runaway Railway should be really good no doubt, but Battle Escape is going to be the game-changer if there is one.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Joel
I actually think Body Wars came before even Star Tours, but maybe my timeline is off.

Spiderman was a pretty big game changer for Universal. I'd say more so than Potter.

Body Wars opened before Star Tours in DHS but the original Star Tours in DL opened a few years before them both.

And Disney has yet to even compare to it. Crazily the Magical Railway may be similar. But without 3D glasses, it will still be lesser.

Battle Escape is being touted as AA heavy, but as still think it will be mostly Stormtroopers, and just a few marquee monsters. Oh, and a Kylo Ren with a glowing animated face :).

Flight of Passage has my pick for best motion simulator in Orlando, if not anywhere. To say Disney has "nothing compared to Spiderman" is just nonsense. Stop that.
Also, you have no idea how Battle Escape OR Falcon will turn out. They could easily blow away expectations. So cool your burners.

Reactions: HereWeGo and Ryno27
This bad boy is going to be rendered in real time. Imagineering and Nvidia have discussed that they're using EIGHT top of the line graphics cards working simultaneously to process the activity. It's nearly $40-50k in graphics card power alone.

Disney’s ultra-realistic Millennium Falcon flight simulator will need 8 GPUs to run – TechCrunch

If it was all pre-rendered or had virtual branches that switch to another "track" or sequence, this would be complete overkill. Each one of these cards can by themselves process 4K content but 8 together can do wonders.

This to me makes me think this is going to be the ultimate video game, but like you said, the "game" most likely can get nuked by bad players so it's going to be concerning especially if the park remembers performance. What if I'm stuck as engineer? I can do the best possible but if the pilot decided to dive bomb every wall, does that ruin my experience?

I think I need to recruit a crew...
in total thats:
8 GPUs per bay
x 6 bays per turntable
x 4 turntables
= 192 GPUs, not including the spares they'll have

Reactions: Ryno27
I still go on every ride hoping it can blow my mind like Indy did, and then Spidey. For how old it is I still consider Spidey the last gamechanger where i really felt a part of the ride.
FoP is very visceral, but the illusion wares quick for me...Ironic that the creative lead behind Spidy is designing the SW E-ticket ride though

Reactions: Ryno27 and Joel
I mean, I already know I'm crazy, but so far the Falcon still sounds way more interesting than the Battle Escape attraction to me. When I think of Star Wars I think of two things: Flying a ship and fighting with lightsabers. Falcon will hopefully give me one of those. Battle Escape sounds like it'll be good, but it just doesn't seem like an incredible experience to me yet.

I mean, I already know I'm crazy, but so far the Falcon still sounds way more interesting than the Battle Escape attraction to me. When I think of Star Wars I think of two things: Flying a ship and fighting with lightsabers. Falcon will hopefully give me one of those. Battle Escape sounds like it'll be good, but it just doesn't seem like an incredible experience to me yet.

As a gamer, my mouth is watering over the chance to fly or gun for the Falcon. Men in Black is a favorite of mine due to wanting to get a perfect score and there's so much to see or shoot. If they have any similar mechanics it's going to be great for me.

Battle Escape I think is going to be very similar to the Pirates ride out in Shanghai with the immersive details and chaos of being in a battle.

Reactions: Blaw923 and Ryno27
...yep here;s an old image of them....

That GPU is huge!

evga-gtx-1080-100663485-orig.png

So are there any thoughts as to what Disney is going to do from the Toy Story Land side to preserve a "reveal" for the land? Or are they just not even going to bother?

Also, I find it interesting that they're apparently using a "We have to do whatever Disneyland is doing!" justification for this. The two lands, though 90% similar, are not truly identical; Disneyland's has 3 entrance/exit paths into/out of it, compared to 2 at Hollywood Studios. This screams, "We need to kinda/sorta justify this budget cut... let's blame Disneyland!"

Looks like an "S" shaped entrance so the sides of the walls as you walk in will cover it. See image.

Attachments

• toystory entrance.png
    toystory entrance.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
Reactions: belloq87

I don't think Battle Escape will be that much a game changer as much as sensory overload with eye candy galore.

I also think that Falcon might be even more enjoyable because the use of screens can simulate more action (assuming that the interior is also on a motion base). I think that Battle will be a very enjoyable and repeatable ride as well but I've not been on a ride like it. Mystic Manor looks amazing with great usage of screens, lighting effects, and even some AA's. If Battle is better, it will be an awesome ride.

Reactions: HPFred and Ryno27
If battle escape puts us in the center of some sort of light saber battle than we all good. If not, it’s a wasted oppprtinity.