Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've made my peace with knowing I won't get to the edge. I'm sure the first couple of years it will be a cluster and not worth it for me. After that I plan on being south of the border . I've done enough hitting softs and openings for my taste. But HPcoaster is another matter.
I'll do what I always do for new Disney attractions. Wait 4 months, then rope drop and wait all day in line.

Once.

You Floridians don’t even know what cold is, pfft.
I’ve been in New York during winter. Even got stuck there because of a snow storm once. I loved it :)

I’m right there with you though when I’m outside in like 60 degrees and see my fellow Floridians in full on gear and I’m just there walking my dog in PJs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Magic-Man
A lot of people thought TSL would be a total cluster, and it's turned out "ok". At least compared to Pandora.

Possible it won't be as bad as we think. If the Battle Escape ride is high capacity, it may not be a problem.

A lot of people thought TSL would be a total cluster, and it's turned out "ok". At least compared to Pandora.

Possible it won't be as bad as we think. If the Battle Escape ride is high capacity, it may not be a problem.
TSL turned out OK crowd wise because no one cared.

I don't think that will happen with SW:GE. And from what everyone has been saying, neither attraction is high capacity, but fall in the moderate range of 1800-2000pph.

Reactions: HPFred and JoeCamel
If GESWL eliminates Air Conditioned queues, rides, stores and restaurants, and any trace of shade, plus limits things for young kids to do, they 'might' be able to keep the crowds down like TSL has so successfully done. 'Extreme Heat & Humidity' helps keep the lines short, what a great idea to stop land lingering and overcrowding. ;):lol:

Last edited:
Shouldn't Alcatraz/Battle Escape have capacity close to Ratatouille? Similar ride system and ride vehicle. I believe Ratatouille is around 2200 an hour.
That's not how capacity works.

Haunted Mansion and LM use the same ride system and similar ride vehicle, but they don't have the same capacity. Same with Pirates and Small World.

Besides, it's not really the same. Battle Escape is a mix of Transformers, Rat, and will also have it's own unique elements as far as ride system goes.

Reactions: HPFred
Even that is in the moderate range. I would have hoped for SW to have gotten real capacity pigs at over 3000pph.
3000pph rides simply don't exist anymore. The only thing that I think gets somewhere in that range that has been built this CENTURY is Hogwarts Express, which, let's face it, is just as much a form of transportation as it is an attraction.

Reactions: HereWeGo
That's not how capacity works.

Haunted Mansion and LM use the same ride system and similar ride vehicle, but they don't have the same capacity. Same with Pirates and Small World.

Besides, it's not really the same. Battle Escape is a mix of Transformers, Rat, and will also have it's own unique elements as far as ride system goes.

I thought it was all about dispatch rates? X number of people enter the ride every Y seconds.

I thought it was all about dispatch rates? X number of people enter the ride every Y seconds.
It is mostly, but you're giving Rat and Battle Escape far too much of an Apples to Apples comparison than it actually is as I outlined for one thing. The two rides will have little in common other than being LPS rides. I'm not even sure the vehicle capacities are the same.

As for what I said earlier about those other rides... LM and HM are actually fairly similar, but not identical. Small World and Pirates is a bit more complex as the boat sizes are different. The new boats for Pirates have made things even worse.

Reactions: Ryno27