Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 315 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Which newly built services building, drainage canna, and/or roads will be destroyed for this?
Well since they aren't expected to expand the land for probably close to a decade or more, it wouldn't be so new, would it?

Just knock down Muppets and the surrounding area for a ride.
How would you even access an attraction where MuppetVision is from SWGE though? Once you enter the land through the tunnel, the RotR queue is on the immediate left. Unless they moved the Tunnel entrance up, I don't see where a queue would be for a ride there from within Galaxy's Edge.

I agree the time has come for MV to go. It's had a good run, but the land can be put to better use, but I just am having a hard time imagining how a ride could go there without them extending the berm/entrance out a lot farther than it currently is.

They should flatten Animation Courtyard and put several new rides in there -- and expand behind Indy into the parking lot -- before they consider destroying MuppetVision. Let's fill dead space before getting rid of even more good attractions.

Original EPCOT definitely disproves that. lol

I mean, I'm speaking about personal preference.

But even operationally, I don't think that's particularly true. When you build six/seven rides with 2500+ hourly capacity, plus a huge amount of guest space in which to spread people out across Future World and World Showcase with shows and copious dining & shopping, the lack of long lines for those dark rides is not a sign that they weren't well-frequented. I believe Martin's talked at length about this over on Magic, but the conception that EPCOT Center somehow wasn't popular isn't really accurate.

And creatively, several of those rides are among the finest work Imagineering ever did.

Reactions: SpyderDan
I feel Disney is kind of done with Star Wars. I expect any additions to be new characters and drinks honestly...and opening the new galactic prison hotel.

If we're lucky Star Tours will continue to get some new locations.

As I said, I expect a "just throw it in Galaxy's Edge" type attitude moving forward

My reasoning for this is I think that the land performed well enough, but not well enough

Reactions: Mad Dog
I can’t imagine there will not be some type of addition for Star Wars in the theme parks. At least a show, absolutely going to add meet n greets from the D+ shows, I don’t see them ignoring it wholeheartedly but I do think majority of work is done

This park desperately needs capacity. Please keep muppets and add additional rides.
A coaster replacing Muppets would help with capacity, cause people would actually ride the coaster

I can’t imagine there will not be some type of addition for Star Wars in the theme parks. At least a show, absolutely going to add meet n greets from the D+ shows, I don’t see them ignoring it wholeheartedly but I do think majority of work is done
My prediction, most of those shows will last one season, but have one interesting thing about them that will appear in the parks.

For instance, a new black lightsaber, Madalorian meet n greet, etc

The equivalent of new wands appearing in the Wizarding World

Nothing more