Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disneyland has already started vertical construction on the second ride and DHS hasn't even started on the first yet. Geez. It's so odd seeing the different pace that these two are moving at.

Watch how fast Orlando will catch up. This is the difference between coasts which we, California fans, have to deal with...

I cannot believe the rumors I am hearing about how Disney plans to moderate traffic flow into this land. It just sounds nuts!

Universal Hollywood better be prepared for the influx of crowds Disney is about to bring to the theme park market.

SWd9mTHEMIxQ4.webp

Reactions: ArchieAndrews
Quick update from the other day. Finally got the video and pics up:

Hollywood Studios Update: Star Wars Land Vertical Construction, Toy Story Land Walls, Baby Groot and More – Orlando ParkStop

Video:

Photo Highlights:

Writers Stop and opening to backside of remaining Streets of America building behind scrims. Looks like they're going to start closing up that facade and turning it into a real building. I'm holding out hope that Writer's Stop becomes a small lounge still.

P1110298.jpg

P1110299.jpg

P1110293.jpg

Future entrance to Star Wars land looks like a wild mess. Not sure how those weird structures become a tunnel or hills or whatever they're gonna look like.

P1110250.jpg

P1110253.jpg

P1110254.jpg

Test paint swatches on the last facade from SoA. Are we thinking this will become a Club 33 location with views looking over Star Wars land, or am I crazy and making up stuff again?

P1110251.jpg

P1110260.jpg

View from Muppets area
P1110255.jpg

Not much to see from PizzeRizzo now that the trees are sprouting leaves again.

P1110270.jpg

Area behind Muppets, you can see the new steel going up

P1110283.jpg

P1110281.jpg

View from World Drive parking entrance
02232.MTS_.Still001.jpg

Now hopefully we can catch up to DL!

P1110284.jpg

Steel can also be seen from Toy Story area, in the distance:
P1110335.jpg

That's all for now. Lots more pics here. I'm blacked out on my Disney passes for a couple months starting next week so this'll be my last in person update till August unfortunately. Probably gonna miss those AT-ATs showing up. Darn. Oh well, got lots to cover at SeaWorld at least in the mean time!

Future entrance to Star Wars land looks like a wild mess. Not sure how those weird structures become a tunnel or hills or whatever they're gonna look like.
Think of how the main entrance to Diagon Alley is set-up, it's like that. You won't be able to see straight through from SOA into SWL. You'll enter a tunnel, when you will have to wind through it a bit until you get the grand reveal.

Also when you look at the new entrance is seems that you will be filtered in 2 directions, perhaps 1 way for the First Order and the other for the Resistance.

Also when you look at the new entrance is seems that you will be filtered in 2 directions, perhaps 1 way for the First Order and the other for the Resistance.

Or 1 way for FastPass and the other for the hour-long wait into the land. :ears:

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Am I the only one that really wants a new Muppets show in the streets of America facade like Great Moments in History at MK?

That would be great, like a mini episode where the come out and have fun or something.

They could also do something like the mystic fountain where the two muppets (that sit up in the box and make fun of people) sit in a window and interact/make fun of guests as they walk by. Could follow guests down the street going from window to window, etc.

After going back through Disneyland construction, I peg us as NO MORE than 3-4 months behind. I feel really good about where we are and the possibility of catching-up during disneyland's testing period (not softs) as we've stated. I disagree with those that say our softs will be drastically shortened because they'll figure bugs out before us, but we'll still have softs for ops/training purposes. Imagine if Disney were to farfanoogin up SWL opening like Universal did with VB.. star wars fans would go nuts and the pixie dusters would probably need therapy

I agree WDW is about 4 months or so behind, and as others have said elsewhere it wouldn't surprise me if Disney gave DL a longer time with softs etc to iron out the bugs quicker so both lands can open at the same time, or slow construction down some at DL for the dual opening. I would have thought they would want both to open at the same time to a big fanfare instead of 1 opening big and then WDW opening say 4 months down the road to a much lesser reaction.

Reactions: Joel
Am I the only one that really wants a new Muppets show in the streets of America facade like Great Moments in History at MK?
Would be nice, but there are two problems:

1.) Those facades are not becoming part of Muppet Courtyard. There will be an entryway, very similar to the side entrance that used to exist when SOA was open.

2.) WDI and Ops don't want guests stopping in that area. That will basically be a neutral area of the park that will be the main entrance to SWL. The walkway will be far too packed for any show... just look at the main entrance traffic to Pandora now and multiply that by about 100 :lol:

Reactions: Joel and Alicia