Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The parking lot expansion looks like the same size as the current parking lot. Just saw this pic from bio and it blew my mind! New parking on right.

View attachment 4635

They could very well be nearly doubling parking capacity. They're gonna need it. At least this way cast members won't have to park elsewhere and bus in.
Looking at these new aerial shots from a different perspective, that area looks significantly smaller than the present parking lots.

Looking at these new aerial shots from a different perspective, that area looks significantly smaller than the present parking lots.
Parking lot expansion!? I thought that was the site of the new Star Wars Hotel! With direct entrance to the new land of course.

Reactions: Joel
That is going up fast, but then it was the same at DL when they started. One day it was a few bit few days later a mass of steel everywhere.

Based on current progress and the dates i've heard, i'd expect the remaining portion of SOA to be open to guests by the holiday season with construction walls pushed back to the entrance tunnel. The Writers Stop building should be re-opened by then as well, possibly under a different name or use though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alicia
So, Jim Hill has "confirmed" that the Star Wars Hotel is coming to what we've been referring to as the parking lot expansion, (or at least the bottom park of it.) World Drive entrance becomes hotel only entrance, and new DHS entrance takes over for parking entrance on that side.

He says 400 rooms to start with possible room to expand.

Reactions: Dan B and Scott W.
The hotel is pretty much a definite. I wouldn't be surprised if they confirm it at the D23 Expo, tbh as the hotel will start to see lots of construction in the not too distant future. This is to be open alongside the land.

Reactions: Joel and Alicia
The hotel is pretty much a definite. I wouldn't be surprised if they confirm it at the D23 Expo, tbh as the hotel will start to see lots of construction in the not too distant future. This is to be open alongside the land.

I think the hotel is totally not what people think it will be. I don't think it'll be a super boutique hotel with 400 rooms.

I think the hotel is totally not what people think it will be. I don't think it'll be a super boutique hotel with 400 rooms.
Oh wasn't saying the details oh what Hill said were correct, but the a Star Wars hotel is happening.

Then I would imagine it'll be announced up-front at D23, whether at the Parks and Resorts panel or mentioned completely at the Star Wars Land Booth for the convention floor.

My bet is they retheme an existing hotel (section or whole hotel) to Star Wars. No story ties in to the new land.
I think it'll be more than that... maybe not tie into the land, but everything I've heard is a new build. I think they've learned not to skimp on Star Wars from when they got shot down by the BoD bc of how lackluster the original SWL proposal was. They could charge Grand Floridian prices for a proper SW hotel.