Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 94 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Google Maps

This entire project could have been done without changing anything about the park. They could have created a garden walkway or an enclosed walkway starting at Star Tours that went across the the road to the area where they are expanding the parking lot. They would have had more than enough land over there to build SWL and they wouldn't of had to get rid of half the park to do it. For additional parking they could have built a parking structure in or near the current parking lot and they could have still done the new parking entrance. On top of all of that, they would have acres of land around SWL for expansion projects down the road.

Reactions: Joel
Google Maps

This entire project could have been done without changing anything about the park. They could have created a garden walkway or an enclosed walkway starting at Star Tours that went across the the road to the area where they are expanding the parking lot. They would have had more than enough land over there to build SWL and they wouldn't of had to get rid of half the park to do it. For additional parking they could have built a parking structure in or near the current parking lot and they could have still done the new parking entrance. On top of all of that, they would have acres of land around SWL for expansion projects down the road.
I prefer the route they took... LMA, SOA and BLT were all completely against the direction the park is going in and frankly they were a waste of space (a GIANT waste). Just because they chose this route doesn't mean they can't expand out the way you've described in the future, though.

They're building surface lots instead of garages on purpose... Surface lots can be dug up in a days time if they decide to expand.

Google Maps

That was one of the initial proposals, go into that area.

Reactions: Joel
That was one of the initial proposals, go into that area.
Yep, it all changed because they wanted DHS' land to open as close to DL as possible. There was much less demo/rebuild needed in the space it is going to occupy than where it would've been, making for a faster build.

I just watched the Dis live stream of the Star Wars land model at the d23 media preview. It looks very expansive. More than I thought with a ton of rock work.

Disney blog just posted images and video.

The model looks great but it's exactly what we've been expecting and shown so far. I like it a lot, my only worry is they're trying to go for a Diagon Alley level reveal that just won't land.

You think we'll see this planet in one of the next two SW main films? Or will this just be its own thing? It's possible we'll have a connection to it by the time it opens if it's in a movie by then.

Here's Inside the Magic's first video of the model:

From MI.

You think we'll see this planet in one of the next two SW main films? Or will this just be its own thing? It's possible we'll have a connection to it by the time it opens if it's in a movie by then.

Here's Inside the Magic's first video of the model:

As far as I remember, there were interviews saying directly that the land and the attractions are canon. But do I think that we will see it in the films, is another thing.

Last edited:
That ride vehicle. Is that... I mean, Does it look like Spider-Man or Transformers to anyone else? Minus a row of course.

More like

a0303-_vh_0625.jpg