Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 96 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really hoping we get an indepth look at both rides. Feel like I basically know what the Battle ride is, but I want to know what the Falcon really is, and how interactive it actually will be

I have to imagine we'll get proper information on the Falcon. I am really curious to see how that one will play out, and if both or one of them will be in 3D.

Either way, I guess we'll find out on Saturday.

Reactions: Coasted
I think the model and concept
Art looks great, I'm
A much bigger Star Wars fan than a potter fan, so I'm probably biased, but this looks just incredible.

Walking around a mos Eisley type
Area will be like my childhood come to life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like all IP lands these days, one of my biggest gripes is only getting two rides out of the giant chunk of land it'll be taking up.

Granted, it seems as if both will both be really, really top notch.

That rumored Peoplemover-style attraction would have really rounded out the area, for sure. And there still is room for one more attraction if they decide to expand in the future.

As you say, at least the two we are getting are (apparently) going to be A+ work, though.

Wasn't blue milk already offered at the Star Wars Weekends at DHS? I don't remember anyone raving about it.

As for the ride count, it is unfortunate that there are only 2, but that is the norm these days. Cars Land had 3 (despite 2 being one-step-above carnival types), Pandora had 2, and so did Diagon Alley (if you count Hogwarts Express, which single-park ticket holders can't experience). If you want rides set within a beautiful landscape, you must sacrifice quantity for quality.

Wasn't blue milk already offered at the Star Wars Weekends at DHS? I don't remember anyone raving about it.

As for the ride count, it is unfortunate that there are only 2, but that is the norm these days. Cars Land had 3 (despite 2 being one-step-above carnival types), Pandora had 2, and so did Diagon Alley (if you count Hogwarts Express, which single-park ticket holders can't experience). If you want rides set within a beautiful landscape, you must sacrifice quantity for quality.

Or they can theme flat rides which for some odd reasons they seem to want to avoid with this mega lands.

I haven't read through everything and I am not really up on things.

Anyway, I've more than once now heard 'wall street' type stories that Disney is thinking about a seperate charge (from park admission) to get into 'Star Wars land'.

Would they really go that far? Or is this just one of those odd rumors that somehow gained momentum?

I'm kind of glad the top-tier parks are moving past flat rides. Can you imagine how people would react to a Neville Longbottom-themed frog hopper? :tongue:
Maybe this isn't specifically aimed towards the mega lands, but I miss the days of rides like Mr. Toad, Alice, Pinocchio's Daring Journey, Storybookland Canal boats, Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, etc, etc.

I get why these aren't in Harry Potter, Star Wars or even Nintendo lands, but to help fill out the parks on the cheap? Just seems like a no-brainer in certain situations.

The maquette confirmed my fears. Less height than the concept art.
980x.jpg

But worst, a collage of know architecture thrown together. You can see buildings from Naboo, Alderaan, Jabba's castle and more. Throw in some random props and space ships and you end up with something that doesn't resemble a Star Wars planet because they always have a singular astatic. I'm a huge Star Wars fan but when I see concept art of a restaurant with a podracer engine above the food to keep it hot I'm wondering what idiot thought that was something that fits in a Star Wars Land.
c8f41d792fd866d62acec68f02ef498b

Reactions: Coasted
The model looks great but it's exactly what we've been expecting and shown so far. I like it a lot, my only worry is they're trying to go for a Diagon Alley level reveal that just won't land.

This pretty much echoes my thoughts, it does look nice...but I do agree with Joe it does look like they're trying to go with a grand reveal, and hoping it's going to have this big emotional impact a la' Diagon Alley. (Carsland is also applicable here.)

But here's the thing, with Diagon Alley and Carsland, the lands are based off places you know and remember from the books and films. So when you enter the land, and it opens up to reveal the area in full, it hits you. The place you read about, the place you saw in the movies, the place you remember. It's no longer a fantasy, It's here, it's REAL. An' that emotional connection to that iconic place helps make the reveal of the land hit so much harder.

The problem with SWL, is the land itself is not from the books or films. There's no emotional connection/attachment to it as it's a brand new thing. Yes, it's going to look good when you go in there, but that's about it. Now if the land was Tatoonie, then I could certainly see it having the same kind of emotional reveal that Diagon Alley and Carsland can pull off. But since the land itself is a mismatch of a original creation, I don't see that happening.