Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Most trackless trains are limited.

In the video released not that long ago, the people weren’t wearing glasses but it’s still a concept video at this stage.
Some podcasters would have you believe this ride will feature Augmented Reality glasses so you see phaser beams shot at you. But they seem to have backed away from that in recent episodes.

Reactions: 12th Man
Some podcasters would have you believe this ride will feature Augmented Reality glasses so you see phaser beams shot at you. But they seem to have backed away from that in recent episodes.

A little bit of mystery is still a good thing.

This is going to be a tough one to avoid spoilers for. The irony being that I want to go into this knowing nothing and there will POVs galore and the HP coaster will probably have nothing to see but I’ll have such a long wait before riding that I don’t mind seeing a spoiler.

This is basically the same ride vehicle as Antarctica at SWO. The range of motion will be similar but upgraded from that version. Isn’t this also made by Oceanearing?

This is basically the same ride vehicle as Antarctica at SWO. The range of motion will be similar but upgraded from that version. Isn’t this also made by Oceanearing?
I believe this is being built by Roush Enterprises utilizing Disney's trackless tech.

Some podcasters would lead you to believe this ride uses actual phasers, and could include a private encounter with Slave Leia.

The hype for this ride is CRAZY.

Yea, super cool laser effect patent. No AR glasses needed.

That's a cool idea.

The handheald thing is very neat, and has been around a bit. But I can't see these things spinning that fast all day every day. And god help us if one of those arms goes flying off.

The ride vehicle will park itself on a motion base in certain points on the ride to provide movement on par with Spidey.
Just to add on, it’ll be very similar to how Gringotts achieves motion when stopped at a scene.
20140616-952297p.jpg

Hopefully it doesn't have the same Gringotts problem of stopping for a scene, transitioning to another scene, then stopping again. Repeat.

This ride had better involve a lot more than just parking us in front of screens.

Reactions: truejonas
Hopefully it doesn't have the same Gringotts problem of stopping for a scene, transitioning to another scene, then stopping again. Repeat.

This ride had better involve a lot more than just parking us in front of screens.
I’m hopeful that it will feel more involved and thrilling during the motion base sequence(s?) simply because the other half of RotR is a dark ride vs a rollercoaster. We get speed and g forces from a coaster, so to interrupt that real feeling for simulated speed and g forces is a literal letdown in terms of momentum.

In this ride, the motion sequence(s?) provide(s) the primary physical thrill and sense of g force, so rather than a halting of momentum, it should feel like a ramp up of the action. As a current example, it’s why I think the simulated fall in Gringotts doesn’t feel quite as thrilling or believable as it does in Spider-Man, because the former closely follows a *real* fall, whereas the latter is preceded by a very gentle (if disorienting) sense of floating through the air.

Last edited:
Reactions: natespf

There will be instances. Like on one of the elevators (Just like Transformers in that particular case), but no the ride will be more like Shanghai Pirates than Gringotts.