State of USH - What's Next? | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm just.....so surprised they are so against moving the Tram area

I'm not against the lower lot getting a face lift but the park needs MORE and the Tram loading area-Falls lake is a HUGE amount of land that could be used

Anyway, for now my hopes are not too high for USH it just seems to have nothing big coming for years like the coaster then..........? The end of the year is just where I love the park the most HHN and Grinchmas are just fun times and then the rest of the years its just the same park day after day

I know it can't be Disneyland but just getting back from a three day trip at Disneyland and whiles its not perfect....for the bang for your buck I think USH needs to just add more....shows, lands attractions and events.

I'm not against the lower lot getting a face lift but the park needs MORE and the Tram loading area-Falls lake is a HUGE amount of land that could be used

Anyway, for now my hopes are not too high for USH it just seems to have nothing big coming for years like the coaster then..........? The end of the year is just where I love the park the most HHN and Grinchmas are just fun times and then the rest of the years its just the same park day after day

I know it can't be Disneyland but just getting back from a three day trip at Disneyland and whiles its not perfect....for the bang for your buck I think USH needs to just add more....shows, lands attractions and events.
We been spoiled. The last 10 years of universal have been amazing, for expansion.

We been spoiled. The last 10 years of universal have been amazing, for expansion.
Agreed but also....it's paid off so you'd think they would want more of that

But I'm setting exceptions very low for USH at this point besides HHN, seems like new leadership is fine with slower seasons again and doing discounts over investing in the park to make it constantly busy

Agreed but also....it's paid off so you'd think they would want more of that

But I'm setting exceptions very low for USH at this point besides HHN, seems like new leadership is fine with slower seasons again and doing discounts over investing in the park to make it constantly busy

You complain when the park is constantly busy, too, so I guess there’s just no winning.

You complain when the park is constantly busy, too, so I guess there’s just no winning.
Me? Not really, I have express pass on my AP

I have no problems with the park being busy...as long as its not because X attractions are all down at once or something like that. I want the park full more so we get more events and what not. Heck I hear we aren't even getting the castle show because crowds are low, not a fan of that....its why I push for more things to grab people so we can have longer hours and more shows and events.

Reactions: joerodriguez

If they got rid of the tram stop, they could expand into the area for a hypothetical Simpsons replacement. Imagine a family dark ride that has the practical aspects of pets albeit on the scale of MMRR.

If they got rid of the tram stop, they could expand into the area for a hypothetical Simpsons replacement. Imagine a family dark ride that has the practical aspects of pets albeit on the scale of MMRR.
I’d also just be down for like 4 attractions the size of SLOP

USH is small, so love when they find ways to jam in more attractions into one area

More Potter with the rumored VR broom ride or a modified Train attraction plus a show like what is coming to Epic universe. A dream works area with a Shrek dark ride, trolls dance show, HTTYD family flying coaster and a flat ride.
Along with a Zelda land and E ticket

I bet we could fit all those in the tram area-F and Furious Super charged area. Redo the Tram area to the lower lot and now we are looking at a theme park that basically doubles the amount of attractions and we lose nothing besides super charged

I’d also just be down for like 4 attractions the size of SLOP

USH is small, so love when they find ways to jam in more attractions into one area

More Potter with the rumored VR broom ride or a modified Train attraction plus a show like what is coming to Epic universe. A dream works area with a Shrek dark ride, trolls dance show, HTTYD family flying coaster and a flat ride.
Along with a Zelda land and E ticket

I bet we could fit all those in the tram area-F and Furious Super charged area. Redo the Tram area to the lower lot and now we are looking at a theme park that basically doubles the amount of attractions and we lose nothing besides super charged
That area isn’t so big. Remember you need to add break rooms bathrooms, logistical stuff. I don’t see why they would move the studio tour tbh. It just does not make sense. They would have to build so much it just does not make sense in my head why they would want to do that. lol.

( also all of studio tour tram garage would be going away? Where would they build that in the lower lot)

Last edited:
Reactions: Clive
Unfortunately, I seriously doubt Simpsons will be replaced with a unique dark ride.

I think I read somewhere on the Potential Parisian replacement thread that SLOP was not considered a success story and that will probably be the last time USH sees a high-budget unique dark ride. Unless they can find a way to copy + paste a dark ride that Florida is also getting for that spot, I just don’t see it.

I do however see it as a prime location for the Bourne Stuntacular. USH really could use one more live show and that would be a the spot to put it in. I would personally prefer a dark ride, but the park is doing just fine with rides now (Not that I would ever say “no” to more rides). I do think adding a live show would be in the park’s best interest after adding F&F and this is coming from a rides and thrills guy. As I get older, I think an awesome air-conditioned stunt show to relax in would be an upgrade over an aging, janky simulator ride.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I seriously doubt Simpsons will be replaced with a unique dark ride.

I think I read somewhere on the Potential Parisian replacement thread that SLOP was not considered a success story and that will probably be the last time USH sees a high-budget unique dark ride.
I'd argue Pets was a flawed attraction that boiled down to creative decisions causing cuts to capacity in favor of making the universe special (and having elements that further restrict accessibility of the attraction) that I think could be a byproduct of the time of which it was made.

I hope I am right as I'd love to see USH get another family dark ride--one that'd be more accommodating for families of all-types.

I'd argue Pets was a flawed attraction that boiled down to creative decisions causing cuts to capacity in favor of making the universe special (and having elements that further restrict accessibility of the attraction) that I think could be a byproduct of the time of which it was made.

I hope I am right as I'd love to see USH get another family dark ride--one that'd be more accommodating for families of all-types.
If the lower lot does get a new land as Mystic Henry claims, that new land could be a great opportunity for a family friendly dark ride, maybe one with no height requirement, something Universal could use.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
If the lower lot does get a new land as Mystic Henry claims, that new land could be a great opportunity for a family friendly dark ride, maybe one with no height requirement, something Universal could use.
SLOP really is a FLOP. Not to the park guests but I feel like that ride should have been more special and they cheaped out in the end.

That area isn’t so big. Remember you need to add break rooms bathrooms, logistical stuff. I don’t see why they would move the studio tour tbh. It just does not make sense. They would have to build so much it just does not make sense in my head why they would want to do that. lol.

( also all of studio tour tram garage would be going away? Where would they build that in the lower lot)
Rumors for a while about more Sound Stages near SNW going down for more theme park...so there is where I'm thinking

Also I'm talking about using land from the Tram Loading area, to the Tram garages and then out to Falls lake/Fast and Furious which is a HUGE area and can easily fit 3 new lands there. One E ticket, a show and a few smaller rides, especially if you build up because space is limited

It's not going to happen because from rumors the lower lot is next and mostly that will be replacing older rides with new ones which doesn't really add capacity and maybe one new land which would but that's 5+ years away.

I really thought after the success of SNW they would be ready to go on getting a new land up right after F&F but we now live in a boring age of everyone counting pennies so its back to slow and steady.

Rumors for a while about more Sound Stages near SNW going down for more theme park...so there is where I'm thinking

Also I'm talking about using land from the Tram Loading area, to the Tram garages and then out to Falls lake/Fast and Furious which is a HUGE area and can easily fit 3 new lands there. One E ticket, a show and a few smaller rides, especially if you build up because space is limited

It's not going to happen because from rumors the lower lot is next and mostly that will be replacing older rides with new ones which doesn't really add capacity and maybe one new land which would but that's 5+ years away.

I really thought after the success of SNW they would be ready to go on getting a new land up right after F&F but we now live in a boring age of everyone counting pennies so its back to slow and steady.
I mean universal did good… but I feel like the parks got a bad reputation just within the first year of Mario opening. Packed crowds and horrible customer service. It wasn’t the employees fault, they were not getting paid enough to deal with last summer, even the summer before that.

Universal will probably stall expansion and like you said maybe update some existing stuff, or add something surprising. That area is huge , that’s why It would make no sense to move tram operations to the lower lot.

You know what I would like to see for the hypothetical "new land" replacing the stages and Mummy in the lower lot? Dark Universe...but not an exact copy Florida is getting.

I would like to see the land with Monsters Unchained getting replaced with a new indoor coaster featuring the Monsters. The park doesn't need a second Kuka arm ride in a castle. It could use a solid intermediate-thrill coaster in the park and an indoor Monsters coaster would resolve that remedy. There needs to be some coaster that's not a crazy as F&F but a little more exciting than Hippogriff.

To put it lightly, I'm extremely skeptical that this area is going to be used for park expansion any time in near the future. It's a rather awkward distance from the park and the route is note evenly graded. It'd be downhill going out there, but a rather steep uphill going back. Unless they're going to do a Starway 2.0 or run a shuttle service out there, just the logistics of getting people there and back is a bit of a hassle. It also creates a bottleneck where people going to there have to go through whatever expansion they might put in place in the tram garage/tram load area. Springfield already represents a big bottleneck for the park; having another immediately afterwards is not great planning. Plus, all of those roads have to stay open and accessible for fire and safety reasons, making them much harder to build around.

But the other side of it is that the Falls Lake area is still used by the studio. It's not like a soundstage that can just be torn down and built somewhere else. There's a lot of infrastructure to be able to fill the lake for filming and that makes it much more expensive to try and rebuild elsewhere. Even when they're not filming there, it's a space the studio uses to store a huge portion of their truck fleet, which would have to be relocated if that space went away. I would be very surprised if Universal Creative was looking at that space for expansion any time in the next decade.

To put it lightly, I'm extremely skeptical that this area is going to be used for park expansion any time in near the future. It's a rather awkward distance from the park and the route is note evenly graded. It'd be downhill going out there, but a rather steep uphill going back. Unless they're going to do a Starway 2.0 or run a shuttle service out there, just the logistics of getting people there and back is a bit of a hassle. It also creates a bottleneck where people going to there have to go through whatever expansion they might put in place in the tram garage/tram load area. Springfield already represents a big bottleneck for the park; having another immediately afterwards is not great planning. Plus, all of those roads have to stay open and accessible for fire and safety reasons, making them much harder to build around.

But the other side of it is that the Falls Lake area is still used by the studio. It's not like a soundstage that can just be torn down and built somewhere else. There's a lot of infrastructure to be able to fill the lake for filming and that makes it much more expensive to try and rebuild elsewhere. Even when they're not filming there, it's a space the studio uses to store a huge portion of their truck fleet, which would have to be relocated if that space went away. I would be very surprised if Universal Creative was looking at that space for expansion any time in the next decade.
Falls lake area also has food warehouse… and countless employee areas lol

You know what I would like to see for the hypothetical "new land" replacing the stages and Mummy in the lower lot? Dark Universe...but not an exact copy Florida is getting.

I would like to see the land with Monsters Unchained getting replaced with a new indoor coaster featuring the Monsters. The park doesn't need a second Kuka arm ride in a castle. It could use a solid intermediate-thrill coaster in the park and an indoor Monsters coaster would resolve that remedy. There needs to be some coaster that's not a crazy as F&F but a little more exciting than Hippogriff.
Ditto. I'd even settle for a Gringott's reskin!

If Disney is getting serious with expansion and the golf course will always remain a fairytale… serious question… why doesn’t Universal consider moving the production aspect of Universal off property or at least majority off property and simply let the theme park expand into all of the existing land currently owned at that location!

Would be no issue to go up north maybe 20-25 minutes, grab some land and build some soundstages. I know this is also a pipe dream.. but seriously. I know we have discussed a few closed sound stages here and there but at this point I feel like it’s time to just let that entire property be a theme park if they want to be a real player. The amount of room that opens up would be amazing. Heck, if you want to keep some of the iconic locations and facades, turn courthouse square into the hill valley land people have wanted forever. I just think that property at this point should be dedicated to the park especially if Disney is stepping it up and it seems like Universal can simply never have enough offerings given the current space.