Studio Tour | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Props to Jonathan for finding the name! Really exciting development. This is the first official confirmation that the new tour animation is gonna be themed to F&F. Can't wait till they announce it!

(Although am I the only one absolutely DREADING the thought of hearing "Where's the Fast and Furious ride???" once it's open??? I really hope the advertisement will make it clear that it's on the Studio Tour)

(Although am I the only one absolutely DREADING the thought of hearing "Where's the Fast and Furious ride???" once it's open??? I really hope the advertisement will make it clear that it's on the Studio Tour)
Well, they tried with King Kong and I think I had to correct people almost every single day so... I doubt anyone will stop that haha.

Just wanted to share this concept art that universal posted on there google plus page for the Night Time Studio Tour! 
2014-04-09_USH_Nighttime_Studio_Tour_600x600.jpg

Its going to be really interesting to see what Universal can do with projection mapping technology on the back lot sets.  The Night Time version could surpass the regular tram tour.

I wonder will they offer a version of the Night Tour to V.I.P guests.

Last edited by a moderator:
The night-time tram tour truly will be almost a totally different version of the studio tour. They're basically making it to encourage guests to do a near-hour-long tour twice in one day.

Think about it: that near stretches USH to be almost more than a full day park in the summer. They better get to building those hotels fast. I think a few nice locations could spring up nearby in the valley as well to take advantage of the incoming tourists.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious what exactly will make it so radically different and a "totally different version"...They're gonna have to heavily advertise and make sure guests are aware that it's radically different, since I think it'll take a bit to convince casual visitors to go on it more than once...

Like, besides lighting and possibly a different script for the tour guides, what do you think will be so different about it?

Interesting....besides the old Square of Warriors/ Spartacus Square, I wasn't aware of any new locations. But hey, I guess anything can happen in one year ;) Either way, I'm excited. I almost always try to go on the tour more than once per visit, so this is definitely a HUUUGE plus for me! :D

Also, with night tours, there'll be even more of an advantage to hit up the Lower Lot first instead of the tour, since it won't close early.

Maybe accurate depictions in relation to the advertisments. I better see Marilyn Monroe dancing around the Backlot at 10:30 PM.
Hahaha! Joking aside, I'd actually love to see more little staged acts with actors around the tour! Why limit it to Grinchmas and Norman Bates? I used to love the temporary western stunt showcase on denver street on the tour!

Just more interactivity somehow and more staged things to maks the tour come alive! Maybe recreations of some movies when possible.

Imagine some sort of BTTF scene recreation at courthouse square!

It's great seeing the sets that were actually utilized in the films, but it'd be even more fascinating if some actors were thrown into the mix. Kids would get a huge kick outta that - give them the impression that an actual movie/show is being filmed. The Norman Bates gag is on the right track.

Reactions: Allen The Actor
RUMOR

There's a rumor that Universal is planning to put in a Back to the Future stunt show in the nighttime tours next year for the film's 30th anniversary. Word is the show will recreate the scene where Marty returns back to the future with the DeLorean. If this rumor turns out to be true, I WILL BE VERY HAPPY. This could be the information that man was talking about with my brother (an USH emplyee). How amazing would this be? I hope it's true.

More info here:

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201405/4002/

Reactions: steve