"Summer of Survival" | Inside Universal Forums

"Summer of Survival"

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
U

UniversalFan

This summer marks the "Summer of Survival". A video was posted on the 21st. I know I saw a post for this, but today kicks off the Summer of Survival.  

https://www.youtube.com/embed/GD3jvsecAJI?feature=oembed
6672792_166242302_10445016.jpg

okay I like that. but what does that mean for plaza will it have a survivial theme to it. jk but shouldn't that be for Orlando because of transformers but that's just me but I like the slogan for the summer at Hollywood.

"Summer of Survival" is way better the "Vacation like you mean it"! They could have used some more shots from Tram tour such as earthquake and jaws. They just mashed up Transformers and Kong Commercials :angry: :rolleyes: . Awww USH.

*sigh* I am sick and tired of them advertising King Kong 360 3D as if it's a separate ride...they might as well do that for Jaws and Earthquake. It's very misrepresented.

Also, for a Summer of Survival, why not go ahead and advertise Jurassic Park and the Mummy while you're at it? They fit the survival theme and for the summer you wanna remind people that we have a water ride.

On a positive note, I believe this commercial is the first time since Kong opened that they've shown ACTUAL "ride" footage in the commercial or anywhere! They usually just always showed clips from the movie that sorta matched the ride sequences but now they actually showed what guests experience.

I'm curious if they'll start doing the King Kong 360 3D Express Tram nonstop all summer.

*sigh* I am sick and tired of them advertising King Kong 360 3D as if it's a separate ride...they might as well do that for Jaws and Earthquake. It's very misrepresented.

Also, for a Summer of Survival, why not go ahead and advertise Jurassic Park and the Mummy while you're at it? They fit the survival theme and for the summer you wanna remind people that we have a water ride.

On a positive note, I believe this commercial is the first time since Kong opened that they've shown ACTUAL "ride" footage in the commercial or anywhere! They usually just always showed clips from the movie that sorta matched the ride sequences but now they actually showed what guests experience.

I'm curious if they'll start doing the King Kong 360 3D Express Tram nonstop all summer.
I swear i'll flip with joy if kong is just express. but for the love of god show earthquake and jaws.

What's with this "Summer of Survival" thing?? Is this signifying new additions to the park in the coming months, just as Florida's "Vacation like you mean it" represents the addition of Transformers, Springfield, and more?

Reactions: Alexshow.
I can imagine USH Getting alot of money out of this.. It's Really going to attract alot more Audiences. i have a big feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like when you actually go this summer its going to be even more packed on peak days than it will ever be thats why I'm going in week days

I Wouldn't Stand so much people in the House of Horror's.. Shoving   each other, and the worst part.. Hard to Walk for them.  :angry:

I Wouldn't Stand so much people in the House of Horror's.. Shoving   each other, and the worst part.. Hard to Walk for them.  :angry:
The House of Horrors is very annoying on peak days. Everyone's squeezed into each other, and there are always a bunch of people yelling and shoving and trying to get past the scaredy-cats in the front.. not an enjoyable experience.

Reactions: Jerry 92602
The House of Horrors is very annoying on peak days. Everyone's squeezed into each other, and there are always a bunch of people yelling and shoving and trying to get past the scaredy-cats in the front.. not an enjoyable experience.
I was walking fast in house of horrors because my friends were running but i couldn't catch up because there was these two girls in front of me walking really slow and each time a monster came up they started screaming and got scared and that was really annoying so at the Chucky part I just squeezed in to them and started running, luckily my friends were waiting for me at the stair case after.

When they try to get out I just say BOOOOO!! because they are inside anyways so they should might as well finish it