Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe so but I do not believe it has been confirmed officially.
That would certainly help on dispatch times. Could theoretically get the dispatches down to a very minimal time. Of course there's still a practical distance between trains for effects to be visible and reset.

The discussion over throughput is valid but there are other aspects that play in this ride.
Putting 4 guests in a single ride vehicle (no train) is needed for the many effects to work for the riders. A long train would possibly raise the capacity but significantly ruin the experience for most riders.
Making the ride much longer is an option but this highly themed ride would cost so much more that I think building another ride in the park would be a better choice as the length probably won't make the ride more fun.
Hype for a ride will eventually die down when newer rides are introduced, you can't make a ride for the popularity of the few opening years. Is a ride longer successful, like Hagrid's', Universal decided to build a new theme park to alleviate the crowds and we win. ;)
  • As previously mentioned, just an additional seat per row would increase capacity significantly.
  • Ride duration doesn't impact capacity. It's the interval between each vehicle that matters, hence my emphasis on dispatch rates.
  • Sure, an attraction's popularity dies down over time as newer ones open... but that usually comes with increased park attendance that ends up offsetting low-capacity attractions.
I just find it shocking Universal would build a family-thrill coaster with the capacity of Peter Pan's Flight.

Reactions: Clive
  • As previously mentioned, just an additional seat per row would increase capacity significantly.
  • Ride duration doesn't impact capacity. It's the interval between each vehicle that matters, hence my emphasis on dispatch rates.
  • Sure, an attraction's popularity dies down over time as newer ones open... but that usually comes with increased park attendance that ends up offsetting low-capacity attractions.
I just find it shocking Universal would build a family-thrill coaster with the capacity of Peter Pan's Flight.
And some rides just never die down in popularity. I can think of many rides (including Peter Pan) that just always have long waits. Almost all are because of poor capacity planning. I see this being another one.

Honestly as a family of 5 I wish more vehicles like this were built for 6 and not 4.

This is the type of attraction, due to IP/theme/type of ride that will probably always remain very popular. Having such a low capacity will be a continual issue. More thought probably should have been put into the capacity design.

Reactions: IzzyB
This is the type of attraction, due to IP/theme/type of ride that will probably always remain very popular. Having such a low capacity will be a continual issue. More thought probably should have been put into the capacity design.
Agreed but it sure seems like this ride system fits the bill for this attraction. Someone mentioned that 6 seaters would have been better than 4 seaters....that would have helped but maybe that wasn't possible weight/engineering wise.

Agreed but it sure seems like this ride system fits the bill for this attraction. Someone mentioned that 6 seaters would have been better than 4 seaters....that would have helped but maybe that wasn't possible weight/engineering wise.
Almost perfect fit ride system for DK, but the original plan should have made adjustments of some type to increase the capacity. With it's popularity surely across all age demographics, this will probably have inflated ride times even longer than Slinky Dog at DHS.

Almost perfect fit ride system for DK, but the original plan should have made adjustments of some type to increase the capacity. With it's popularity surely across all age demographics, this will probably have inflated ride times even longer than Slinky Dog at DHS.
Definitely on target for longterm popularity and wait times ala Slinky Dog/Hagrid's.