Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You can't beat the unpredictability of park guests who have turned their brains off upon entering the park. (I too am a former ride-op)
Of course, but capacity is never measured according to these standards, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about capacity at all.

But theoretically, if we got a bunch of Cranky Kongs in line then that's a capacity of 240, but if we got a bunch of Donkey Kong Jrs then capacity is 2400 (eight baby kongs per vehicle, 2 per seat).

EDIT: Sorry my Math was wrong. At five dispatches every minute and 3 seconds reported by LCA sources, that's actually a dispatch rate of 63 seconds / 5 dispatches = 12.6 optimal dispatch time. 3600 seconds / 12.6 seconds per each dispatch = 285 dispatches per hour. 285 dispatches per hour x 4 passengers per dispatch is around 1100 passengers per hour, again based on a single anecdotal observation of dispatch testing in Japan.

They are obviously not dispatching this thing every 12.6 seconds with pinpoint accuracy, so if we assume 15 second dispatches at worse, then we get 3600 seconds / 15 seconds per dispatch = 240 dispatches per hour -> x 4 passengers per dispatch = 960 capacity.

EDIT: I guess to clear up any confusion, I had assumed they based their capacity calculations on track length, but it can (and should as @UniversalRBLX points) be derived entirely from observed dispatch rates.
I was saying I counted the train passing every 20 seconds, which means during this test run your math doesn't add up, as they were dispatching every 20 seconds.

Having worked in a pizza shop, the one surprise I ever got was someone wanted ONLY ketchup as the sauce for a cheese pizza. No normal red sauce, drown it in ketchup. That was a wake up call, I cannot imagine Orlando theme park operations at all.
I worked in a corporate office and it was realized that no one remembered their password during open enrollment. So they did all hands on deck and all of us had to be part of the help desk that had access to reset passwords, which meant all the coders like me too. So we basically reset them to TEST123# while on the phone with them and had them log in and it forced them to change it. Not the best protocol, but this was ages ago. Anyways, I would say TEST in caps 123# to everyone and they would type it in. No joke someone asked me if the 123 was also in caps. Never underestimate how dumb people are. I stumbled, said no, and they got in. So they actually were doing 123 and not onetwothree.

Yeah, keep in mind when using the testing dispatch frequency as a measurement that it's all about trying to get their minimum test cycles in. Checking riders are secured and all that takes a little longer.

The Japan one hasn't opened yet, right? Was it mentioned anywhere about how loading is? On a moving walkway or stationary?

You can't beat the unpredictability of park guests who have turned their brains off upon entering the park. (I too am a former ride-op)
You can't be mad at us if we're told to put all our valuables into the locker before we get to the station. :confused:

You can't be mad at us if we're told to put all our valuables into the locker before we get to the station. :confused:
Some have left their "valuable" braincells at home. I've had guests (at all 3 parks i've worked) ask me where something was while standing infront of it. There were times my snark would slip & I'd tell them to "look up"/"turn around" :devil:

Some have left their "valuable" braincells at home. I've had guests (at all 3 parks i've worked) ask me where something was while standing infront of it. There were times my snark would slip & I'd tell them to "look up"/"turn around" :devil:
I've had guests scream at me for being "lazy" and not opening a ride in the middle of a thunderstorm. I've also had someone get mad because "there aren't any signs saying we can't have stuff" and when I pointed out the sign directly next to them they said that no one wants to read on their vacation. And that's on the tame side, I've been threatened more times than I can count and had stuff thrown at my head (which hilariously missed both times). I loved being a ride op and hope to do it again soon, but there are definitely some downsides.

and not opening a ride in the middle of a thunderstorm
Or when it's a complete downpour & they said they wanted a row where they wouldn't get wet on Jurassic World :rolleyes:

I had a French couple scream/argue with me when their child was too short to ride. I was the only one at grouper, trying to fill rows for both boats. I'm like "Hello!? Can I please get a lead over here to help handle this issue now!?!"

I'm curious to see how Donkey Kong handles the operations. Is it wrong I want to ride the yoshi egg car? lol

Or when it's a complete downpour & they said they wanted a row where they wouldn't get wet on Jurassic World :rolleyes:

I had a French couple scream/argue with me when their child was too short to ride. I was the only one at grouper, trying to fill rows for both boats. I'm like "Hello!? Can I please get a lead over here to help handle this issue now!?!"

I'm curious to see how Donkey Kong handles the operations. Is it wrong I want to ride the yoshi egg car? lol
I'm more worried about Curse of the Werewolf and the Sky-Fly attractions, personally. DK at least has the benefit of a moving belt.

Is DK a launch coaster ? Thought someone called the Barrel a lift hill though

Either way looks beautiful

Reactions: Nico