Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 223 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did a tarp commit mass murder or something and I just missed it? Otherwise I cannot even begin to understand why there’s so much animosity for a shading device.
Because its a themed land and they didn't have any one creative enough to find a way to add shape to the land that wasn't generic tarps

Once again, someone is being paid to design this version of the land...and its just not as good in pretty much every way but Mario Kart which seems to be basically the same

What exactly is MiceChat? I'm probably unfamiliar with this place being my first ever theme park board.
Micechat was (is?) the biggest Disneyland fan site, they used to have someone who wrote articles with lots of rumors they heard and most the time they happened in park so it drew people in because they seemed to have the scoop on what was happening at the park

Now it's forums are filled with people just people crapping on Disney, and sometimes I agree with them but many of them are older posters who never wanted Marvel or Star Wars added to Disney parks.

Also while many may not be a fan of the forums, I've met the team over the years at Micechat and they have never been anything but nice to me and have nothing bad to say about the team running the site.

Reactions: alias8703
Did a tarp commit mass murder or something and I just missed it? Otherwise I cannot even begin to understand why there’s so much animosity for a shading device.

I get the "How can you judge it before you've been inside it?" group, but you have to understand that there are purists who thinks how well Universal/Nintendo have been able to polish this land with its accurate representation from the games with USJ's SNW. I've owned every single Nintendo console/handheld device since the original NES and have played pretty much every Mario game there was since the original Super Mario Bros. and correct me if I'm wrong, I don't recall sail shades outside Bowser's Castle in any of those games. Yes, I'm that old. For them to not fill in the seams from the hills to sail shades near Bowser's Castle? That's a travesty knowing they could've done better. It's those attention to details that they missed out on. This ain't Six Flags theming. We should hold Universal to a higher standard, espectially since it's a collab with Nintendo. Will it stop me from trying to make the most out of it? Absolutely not. But that doesn't mean I can't be critical of their decision to break immersion of the land with leaving out the finishing touches.

We should hold Universal to a higher standard, espectially since it's a collab with Nintendo. Will it stop me from trying to make the most out of it? Absolutely not. But that doesn't mean I can't be critical of their decision to break immersion of the land with leaving out the finishing touches.
nah man you don't understand, there is only black or white, there is no such thing as shades of gray. nuance is dead

I think it would do some well to make sure their criticisms come across better than nitpicks. It’s one thing to say “Yeah this ain’t a good look” but another to suggest it’s a theme failure.
Agreed. Once again, if nothing else, it'd be good to tell them about this in any kind of survey, be inside the park during previews or after the land opens (assuming they do that) or if they send email surveys after the AP previews.

Most people have zero standards

they just want to ride with Mario and sadly give zero craps about good theming

Who ever green light this version of the land to me really sucks. I’m happy we have the land but it’s insane people were paid to design this version of the land
I’ve got to be honest, this is way out of line. First off, the people who green lit the project don’t “suck” cause there are some tarps. You can not like the tarps (and I get that) but there are people who truly “suck” in this world and those who approved the land aren’t it.

I’m amazed to your overreaction regarding this one thing. You think (I’m paraphrasing from your prior posts) if the Universal Studios Hollywood Execs don’t green light more Nintendo they should be fired. Now for some tarps or whatever else you don’t like about “they suck”. I think you need to really take a step back and realize this isn’t the end all be all. Be passionate, but name calling and wishing people to be fired for not doing what you think should happen is not it.

I can't believe I'm witnessing some of you miss the Mushroom Kingdom for the mushrooms, so to speak. I'm not gonna let a few angry chain chomps overexaggerating nitpicky details dampen my excitement for Super Nintendo World coming to Hollywood. This is the first Nintendo World in the States, and I've waited my whole life for something like this! And let me remind you all that this land was Iwata's idea before he died. Can we all just please understand, and enjoy the land as we receive it? If you have any complaints, feel free to talk to Guest Services or, as BriefCasey mentioned, bring your complaints up in the surveys; but let me give you all two very important words: BE. CIVIL.

Yeah, small gripes aside, I'm still looking forward to the land opening nonetheless. It's also something I've always wanted to see, and child me would have been over the moon about the news. The day I get to go during AP previews (provided I secure a slot) is going to be a very big day.

Like, have y'all seen the queue for Mario Kart in Osaka? It's huge. The whole upstairs outdoor queue is 100% going away once another ride opens to take pressure off the land. Just think about it, none of the outdoor line makes sense with how the land is designed. It's there for crowd control and crowd control only.