Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 125 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yoshi is like the best C-ticket at a Universal ride in decades. I’d rather have that than the fairly mediocre E-tickets we’ve gotten like Fast & Furious.

Yoshi has more than 40 moving figures and great views. People love People Mover for less. Y’all are so hard to please.

If I was a little kid, this would be my jam! It’s perfect for what it is. And the interactive buttons to keep you on the lookout for eggs takes it over the top.

Yoshi is like the best C-ticket at a Universal ride in decades. I’d rather have that than the fairly mediocre E-tickets we’ve gotten like Fast & Furious.

Yoshi has more than 40 moving figures and great views. People love People Mover for less. Y’all are so hard to please.

If I was a little kid, this would be my jam! It’s perfect for what it is. And the interactive buttons to keep you on the lookout for eggs takes it over the top.
Agreed like what does the people mover do that this doesn’t PLUS ITS NINTENDO AND YOSHI.

Yoshi and PeopleMover (and Seuss Trolley) are great ways to soak up the atmosphere of their respective lands and provide a calm, breezy ride experience. Those things are very important in fleshing out a full theme park.

To have such a thing included as part of a Nintendo land that will (eventually) have two other E-tickets seems like a great thing.

Yoshi and PeopleMover (and Seuss Trolley) are great ways to soak up the atmosphere of their respective lands and provide a calm, breezy ride experience. Those things are very important in fleshing out a full theme park.

To have such a thing included as part of a Nintendo land that will (eventually) have two other E-tickets seems like a great thing.

Two other?

That's the key point here IMO - a people eater which is suitable for all ages but which little kids will love (plus any Grandparents who don't like big loud rides).

Still glad we got SLOP instead in USH but we could easily have had both.

I think people are putting way too much thought into a ride designed and built for toddlers based on a game series whose modern purpose is to be played by toddlers.
I see it as basically the Chew Chew train now, but I didn't expect a ride like that with all the hype and comparisons to potter quality.

They could have built a much more interesting ride that appealed to more than just toddlers. The goal should have been to impress people. Kids would also be impressed. Think they should have enclosed the majority of it and used projection mapping if they weren't going to put more effort into the AAs.

Honestly, my first thought was this feels like a Sally Corp ride that could be in any park. Saying it's for kids feels like a cop out tbh.

I thought Nintendo would have asked for a lot more. Yoshi is barely even doing his iconic jump. Kamek doesn't even twirl his wand. And Captain toad is basically static.

Last edited:
I see it as basically the Chew Chew train now, but I didn't expect a ride like that with all the hype and comparisons to potter quality.

They could have built a much more interesting ride that appealed to more than just toddlers. The goal should have been to impress people. Kids would also be impressed. Think they should have enclosed the majority of it and used projection mapping if they weren't going to put more effort into the AAs.

Honestly, my first thought was this feels like a Sally Corp ride that could be in any park. Saying it's for kids feels like a cop out tbh.

I thought Nintendo would have asked for a lot more. Yoshi is barely even doing his iconic jump. Kamek doesn't even twirl his wand. And Captain toad is basically static.
CHEW CHEW TRAIN!? Chew Chew Train was barely above the trains they have at a mall. This is chock full of animated figures and has interactivity. That’s an exceptionally bad comparison

Its a sightseeing ride with an interactivity element. The animatronics are just an added bonus. Also they're going to be constantly exposed to the outdoors so they can't move too much. Also also, this is the attraction to accompany Mario Kart. It doesn't need to go all out.

The original Wizarding World's accompying attraction is a standard "family" coaster so Yoshi is already doing waaay more than that.

Last edited:
Its a sightseeing ride with an interactivity element. The animatronics are just an added bonus. Also they're going to be constantly exposed to the outdoors so they can't move too much. Also also, this is the attraction to accompany Mario Kart and Donkey Kong. It doesn't need to go all out.

The original Wizarding World's accompying attraction is a standard "family" coaster so Yoshi is already doing waaay more than that.
FTFY

Yoshi would certainly hurt a lot more if it were the next ride at Universal Studios. I think we need more of these rides not less. Again, it's the whole thing with expecting amazing animatronics and rides with every new addition, which, I suppose, is somewhat warranted when additions only come every couple of years. We've been waiting for Nintendo for five years, so for this to be our first ride POV is somewhat disspointing. But I imagine within the context of the USJ park it's a nice addition, just as Fallon was to USF and Dreamworks Theater was to USH. Dissapointing in isolation but nice in context.

But if I have to speak for the ride itself, that indoor scene could have been better. Just one Yoshi that can articulate its head with the same degree of fluidity as Blue please.