Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 140 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was impressed by both ROTR and Mickey's new ride...also while not everyones cup of tea the tech of the B&TB show/ride is also good looking on camera.

If it has some impressive tech and looks fun with lots of Easter eggs...i think most people will like the ride for a video...but until we ride it the full effect of how cool it is might not take effect because we have not walked the Q and got to feel it all for real

If it has some impressive tech and looks fun with lots of Easter eggs...i think most people will like the ride for a video...but until we ride it the full effect of how cool it is might not take effect because we have not walked the Q and got to feel it all for real

The most impressive tech will probably be how strong/integrated the AR is and how well it immerses you in the ride. But riders won't be able to capture that in a POV video. It would be like say watching a POV of Gringotts but all of the screens are blank. That would probably look horrible.

I agree with a previous poster that if Universal wants to get ahead of negative online "uproar" from rider videos, they should get out ahead of it and put out their own video (maybe not the whole ride but a portion of it) with the AR integrated into the POV video so people have a truer sense of what it will look like for a rider.

Maybe that's in line with the embargo and they have such a video they are planning to launch on the 4th. Dunno.

It really does feel they’re being extra careful with MK at this point, they want to show their own cards first clearly with this ride for either the reasons speculated or others, I’ve never seen a E ticket ride have legit NO leaks whatsoever.

The merchandise for this land alone is going to make Universal a lot of money. I've been seeing some store walkthroughs on a couple other sites, and the variety of merch and collectibles is terrific. Tons of 8-bit stuff, which I'm particularly happy to see (assuming it carries over to whenever Orlando finally gets the land).

If no one here had ridden Spider-Man, let us know what you think via a YouTube POV. Not even trying to be funny. At best, POV’s give you an idea of the experience.
I saw my first ride footage of Spiderman on the Travel Channel

It was filmed professionally and I'm sure enhanced to be "tv"

With the advent of amateurs vloggers POVs hurt more than they help sometimes

Add in that there is a group that thinks Universal is one screen away from losing all their visitors

You have a recipe for bad press to make its way out of the theme park fan sphere

I saw my first ride footage of Spiderman on the Travel Channel

It was filmed professionally and I'm sure enhanced to be "tv"

With the advent of amateurs vloggers POVs hurt more than they help sometimes

Add in that there is a group that thinks Universal is one screen away from losing all their visitors

You have a recipe for bad press to make its way out of the theme park fan sphere
Yeah this is all fair, but for god sake, RELEASE SOMETHING. It’s just kinda crazy to me their major E ticket they’re replicating 4 times they are not willing to show anything from, it’s so weird. At this point with the opening postponement, not even a little sometnjng to me is just weird.

Reactions: shiekra38
Yeah this is all fair, but for god sake, RELEASE SOMETHING. It’s just kinda crazy to me their major E ticket they’re replicating 4 times they are not willing to show anything from, it’s so weird. At this point with the opening postponement, not even a little something to me is just weird.
For Universal, it's extremely consistent

Like I said, Universal takes the "come and see" approach while Disney takes the "look! see? come!" approach

I mean they can deny it but like.... anyone realistically think this could happen? Not with the current vaccine rollout, sad but this is not shocking.

I mean they can deny it but like.... anyone realistically think this could happen? Not with the current vaccine rollout, sad but this is not shocking.

The NBA and Disney have proved that a bubble situation can and will work. Also, that's not considering of if the IOC can get their own share of the vaccinations, so they can administer it for all athletes, staff, and safety personnel.

That said, the Olympics may be a better matter for the thread of it's own.

Reactions: Frogki and fryoj
The NBA and Disney have proved that a bubble situation can and will work. Also, that's not considering of if the IOC can get their own share of the vaccinations, so they can administer it for all athletes, staff, and safety personnel.

Yeah, but they lose out on the tourism and economic boom they would otherwise get by doing a bubble. Personally, I think cancelling is actually the right call if i'm Japan. Grab 2032 and just make peace with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frogki and SkiBum

The NBA had maybe a couple hundred people in the bubble.

There were over 11,000 olympic athletes in 2016. And as has been brought up, they're not going to be able to have the influx of tourists.

Reactions: Frogki
The NBA had maybe a couple hundred people in the bubble.

There were over 11,000 olympic athletes in 2016. And as has been brought up, they're not going to be able to have the influx of tourists.
The NBA Players also hated it and it took a real toll on their mental health.

Reactions: Frogki
The NBA Players also hated it and it took a real toll on their mental health.

Hence why there’s no bubble this season.

Bubble could work for the Olympics if they spread out the schedule more. But, really, the purpose is to receive a bump in tourism.

As for MK, Universal should release more teasers of the ride IMO. Get people hyped up to plan a trip ASAP to supplement the poor timing.

Bubble could work for the Olympics if they spread out the schedule more. But, really, the purpose is to receive a bump in tourism.

As for MK, Universal should release more teasers of the ride IMO. Get people hyped up to plan a trip ASAP to supplement the poor timing.
The NBA G-League is doing a bubble, but otherwise, yeah. It's possible we see a playoff bubble, but by that time, the entire league should hopefully be vaccinated so COVID risk wouldn't be an issue.

Idk that MK needs more hyping. There's still plenty of people that live in Japan that will want to go.

Reactions: JawsVictim

Of course, it would also be impossible to have the NBA stay in a bubble for nine months. The impact on COVID has been felt in every way possible, unfortunately. Sometimes, I wonder if trying to keep sports running was a bad idea but that's a conversation for a different thread.

For USJ, I have a feeling that SNW will be a huge draw and will stay packed for some time, even without the Olympics.