Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 160 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This thread has become so condescending, I'm honestly just sad (and its not just about the screens debate). This is just as bad as the WDW forums people make fun of.

I ment to make the post I created a couple of days ago my last blurp, but seeing what has unfolded just made me too sick.

I'm going to return to theme park speculation like I did in the past: alone. Thought it'd be fun with other people for once. But if this is how people act when we can't coincide (which they do all over the web), keep me out it.

Hope you reconsider. While not everyone's response will be "perfect", it all comes from a passionate place with good intentions.

I do also want to reiterate that it is hard to gauge the tone of a response through online text. Outside of a couple of replies, I thought the discourse was fine - but I can see why people would feel different. Y'all know I try to keep the forums friendly as possible and have always welcomed anyone to message me. That invitation is still open.

Wanting to move so correct if I'm wrong but isn't donkey kong a non screen based attraction.. So 2/3rds of the attractions in the land will be practical sets, if y'all complain about MK than you might as well complain about Forbidden Journey... The interactive elements are very interesting to me as well, seems like I can spend hours inside mushroom kingdom.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Wanting to move so correct if I'm wrong but isn't donkey kong a non screen based attraction.. So 2/3rds of the attractions in the land will be practical sets, if y'all complain about MK than you might as well complain about Forbidden Journey... The interactive elements are very interesting to me as well, seems like I can spend hours inside mushroom kingdom.

Once again, the complaint stems from the # of screenz rides.

Back on topic, SNW will have a similar formula to Hogsmeade (I am not saying that makes them too much alike!): E-ticket dark ride that (hopefully) combines digital and practical effects, a cute C-ticket ride, and then an expansion via a technologically advanced family coaster.

Evan said it best:
We all need to wait until we have a full POV or we can ride it ourselves.

But just something I’ve noticed as I lurk on these boards and engage occasionally, it’s also very typical of this forum to be full on snark to anyone who thinks Universal may have been able to do better or make things more practical. I get it, some people are jumping the gun here and we do need to wait.

But I mean, you have moderators calling people Trolls who are writing out full and complete opinions and thoughts... and this is not the first time I’ve witnessed this behaviour. Is this not a discussion board?

Forgive me if this has been confirmed or discussed already, but can you get more items than Koopa Shells on the ride to use? Given that the attraction doesn't change up it's physical speed I can't figure out how a Mushroom Boost or Starman would work. In fact looking at the items in the games I'm not really sure how anything but the shells would really make sense with it's design. Perhaps they could have made totally brand new items that are designed exclusively with the ride system in mind? I'm also curious if the different color shells have any meaning, or if it's just for visual variety. I didn't notice the Red Shells homing in on anything when thrown for example.

Once again, the complaint stems from the # of screenz rides.

Back on topic, SNW will have a similar formula to Hogsmeade (I am not saying that makes them too much alike!): E-ticket dark ride that (hopefully) combines digital and practical effects, a cute C-ticket ride, and then an expansion via a technologically advanced family coaster.
Totally agree I personally feel that removing twister for Fallon was a huge miss, always felt a sense of magic when the lights would dim and the rain would drop. This formula works for both lands but is probably the last time I would want to see this used. Its nice to have diversity in the park which is why I hope river adventure will remain even if it gets the JW retheme. No matter how MK turns out this will be flat out win for Universal and will hopefully see new Nintendo additions in the parks.

How do you shoot the items? Do you hit the center of the steering wheel?

Also, I wonder if those arrows are directing people to point the steering wheel a certain direction and the car moves that way

Or perhaps it just is an arrow directing you where to look?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
How do you shoot the items? Do you hit the center of the steering wheel?

Also, I wonder if those arrows are directing people to point the steering wheel a certain direction and the car moves that way

Or perhaps it just is an arrow directing you where to look?
I have been curious if the arrows are where to look or how to turn your car wheel?

Say the arrow is a quick time event where if you turn your wheel fast enough, you gain extra points for your team. Sort of incentive to drive right as well as spamming shells at the enemies.

Then again, I don’t really know the game mechanics
Alicia explained it a while ago. The arrows are for turning, and depending on your accuracy in turning to them, you get coins which accumulate in your score. They’re ALSO for aiming.
Asked similar and here’s the response I received

Just so everyone knows, I do hope my initial disappointment is proven wrong. I want to love this and say they knocked it out of the park. Nintendo in a theme park has been a huge thing that I’ve wanted all my life and I’m sure that’s why I’m so harsh. I want it to be perfect.

Just so everyone knows, I do hope my initial disappointment is proven wrong. I want to love this and say they knocked it out of the park. Nintendo in a theme park has been a huge thing that I’ve wanted all my life and I’m sure that’s why I’m so harsh. I want it to be perfect.
I know I maybe came off harsh but it’s not that your opinion is invalid, you’re just not the first one to say “I can do this at home” and I’m not even defending the ride but like, you just can’t haha. Hope you don’t feel t I need to leave like others, I don’t like that the discourse has led to that and hope I didn’t contribute to it.

Reactions: Frogki and Mike S
Forgive me if this has been confirmed or discussed already, but can you get more items than Koopa Shells on the ride to use? Given that the attraction doesn't change up it's physical speed I can't figure out how a Mushroom Boost or Starman would work. In fact looking at the items in the games I'm not really sure how anything but the shells would really make sense with it's design. Perhaps they could have made totally brand new items that are designed exclusively with the ride system in mind? I'm also curious if the different color shells have any meaning, or if it's just for visual variety. I didn't notice the Red Shells homing in on anything when thrown for example.
The squid ink would be a fun effect on the AR goggles but at the same time “blinding” you and keeping you from seeing parts of the attraction might not be the best idea.

Reactions: Josh Thomas
Big button on the steering wheel. Not sure what the arrows are for.
Hopefully the controls are intuitive and allow us to pay attention to the action going on around us

Someone else asked about the items and I have to admit that I am mighty curious about those myself

Also, is each person in the car supposed to feel like the driver?

The squid ink would be a fun effect on the AR goggles but at the same time “blinding” you and keeping you from seeing parts of the attraction might not be the best idea.
Do we even know if there’s other items besides shells and the Star?

Edit: nvm just saw this has been asked.

True for Japan, not for Hollywood, which will only get MK.