Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 159 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We all need to wait until we have a full POV or we can ride it ourselves.

But just something I’ve noticed as I lurk on these boards and engage occasionally, it’s also very typical of this forum to be full on snark to anyone who thinks Universal may have been able to do better or make things more practical. I get it, some people are jumping the gun here and we do need to wait.

But I mean, you have moderators calling people Trolls who are writing out full and complete opinions and thoughts... and this is not the first time I’ve witnessed this behaviour. Is this not a discussion board?
The troll in question *only* posts when they want to whinge about screens. I’d call that a troll.

As for snarking about people expecting Universal to do “better”, idk how anyone can expect a better technological achievement than what we’ve already seen. AAs would have never been able to replicate the fast, frenetic action of a Mario Kart race like we see in the video. People can prefer AAs all they want. But the bad faith arguments of “I can see this in my house” is patently ridiculous.

And the SCREENZ debate is so played out. People don’t care as long as it’s a great ride. Everyone outside the theme park fanboy sphere I’ve showed this to have been wowed. I have friends wanting to come with me whenever it opens. The only complaints I see are from the inside baseball set who whine every time there’s a projector in a Universal ride

Last edited:
We’ve. Seen. One. Scene.

Also there’s not a group of people I care less about their opinion on this than WDWMagic posters.
The troll in question *only* posts when they want to whinge about screens. I’d call that a troll.

As for snarking about people expecting Universal to do “better”, idk how anyone can expect a better technological achievement than what we’ve already seen. AAs would have never been able to replicate the fast, frenetic action of a Mario Kart race like we see in the video. People can prefer AAs all they want. But the bad faith arguments of “I can see this in my house” is patently ridiculous.

And the SCREENZ debate is so played out. People don’t care as long as it’s a great ride. Everyone outside the theme park fanboy sphere I’ve showed this to have been wowed. I have friends wanting to come with me whenever it opens. The only complaints I see are from the inside baseball set who whine every time there’s a projector in a Universal ride
I think I agree with everything here except using non-theme park fans as a metric. As parks fans we're inherently going to have higher standards of quality/different preferences in comparison to regular folk.

It's particularly noxious when we're ostensibly presenting a unanimous effusive reaction as an argument to people's issues with the ride which....no. I can already tell both my parents aren't going to find this ride appealing, which is not a mark of the ride's quality. That's not only because they haven't sat on the damn thing yet but because they don't prefer this kind of interactive experience. And the people who had positive reactions to this video may end up dissapointed with the attraction. Regardless, SCREENZ debate bad, seen in house argument bad (unless it's Shrek 4D).

Reactions: Frogki
I think I agree with everything here except using non-theme park fans as a metric. As parks fans we're inherently going to have higher standards of quality/different preferences in comparison to regular folk.

I don’t necessarily agree with this. Because more often than not the only bar the so-called theme park fans have is “how many AAs and physical sets are there”? Because most of them came from the Disney fandom, and subconsciously or not, have decided that if it’s not done the way old Disney did it, it’s not good.

The only standard people should care about is “Is it fun”. If you’re not looking at that first and foremost, you’ve lost the plot when it comes to what theme parks are about.

I don’t necessarily agree with this. Because more often than not the only bar the so-called theme park fans have is “how many AAs and physical sets are there”? Because most of them came from the Disney fandom, and subconsciously or not, have decided that if it’s not done the way old Disney did it, it’s not good.

The only standard people should care about is “Is it fun”. If you’re not looking at that first and foremost, you’ve lost the plot when it comes to what theme parks are about.
Falls apart when you remember the complaints about the Little Mermaid ride and the praise Flight of Passage gets.

Falls apart when you remember the complaints about the Little Mermaid ride and the praise Flight of Passage gets.
He also says, “The only standard people should care about is, ‘Is it fun,’” which pretty much explains the disconnect.

Big difference is that people have experienced those, and no one here has experienced Mario Kart. And, like clockwork, we get a screen-only clip of a Universal attraction and the complaints start piling up about practical effects regardless of how frenetic and fun it looks.

Supercharged aside, I love/like everything at USF a fair amount, just doing some of the things back to back gives me a headache.

I will say, people outside of our circles definitely do notice the sceens thing, so it isn’t a totally theme park fan debate. But, notice that Universal’s attendance has been rising pre Covid but people still go to Universal, my family would still go, so it hasn’t totally steered everyone off. My family totally recognizes it though, not trying to stoke the flames for the debate but it is a thing.

They all thought MK looked mad fun, that’s just always going to be the bottom line.

Supercharged aside, I love/like everything at USF a fair amount, just doing some of the things back to back gives me a headache.

I will say, people outside of our circles definitely do notice the sceens thing, so it isn’t a totally theme park fan debate. But, notice that Universal’s attendance has been rising pre Covid but people still go to Universal, my family would still go, so it hasn’t totally steered everyone off. My family totally recognizes it though, not trying to stoke the flames for the debate but it is a thing.

They all thought MK looked mad fun, that’s just always going to be the bottom line.

USF is very obviously too full of attractions where you sit in front of singular screens andnothing else. I don’t think anyone here would disagree with that.

I'm not going to @ anyone - just going to clear the air.

1. The "Screens" debate has been discussed ad nauseam; to the point where we even had to create this thread. That thread's sole purpose is so that debate doesn't permeate into every discussion of a ride where screens may be involved.

2. If you followed along with rumors and info, it's been pretty clear that there would be a good amount of screens involved, especially with the AR tech that is being used for the interactive elements. So this shouldn't be surprising.

3. This all based on a 30something second clip of the finale.

Basically, we don't need to have the screens discussion again, and we all should wait a bit to offer more critiques until we're able to see more than just the finale.

I firmly agree with what you say. I guess I just would love to see more kindness from all when it comes to sharing opinions. We are all sharing some perspective over a 30 second clip, and we all need to calm down and wait a bit.

But my only counter would be so long as projection is a primary feature of the attraction (or any attraction), I don’t think it would be fair or easy to avoid the projection topic from coming up. I totally get it’s been discussed over and over, but I mean... it just seems inevitable.

I think many need to realize projection tech is now a mainstay for modern attractions, so the real discussion for me is how well is it utilized, does it suit the attraction and flesh out the world nicely, or does it replace practical effects that could have been utilized?

I somewhat agree with this. Variety and balance are what I'm most looking for. IMO Universal as a whole was Thanos's dream (figure it out) prior to Jaws closing. Islands is still pretty well balanced, at least.

Of course, my biggest disagreement with these types of fans is how much they haaaate any roller coaster that dares to emphasize thrills. I love many a Disney attraction but I feel like one of the parks (just one, pick any) needs a "big" coaster like VC. If they built one at DAK it might be the best balanced park in FL (I know your thoughts on DAK, of course).

Last edited:
I guess I just would love to see more kindness from all when it comes to sharing opinions.

I agree. The condescension in this thread is pretty disappointing. I truly do not understand the need by some to always push back/belittle a viewpoint that expresses any reservations about a major new project from Universal.

And yeah, other people shouldn't be freaking out about one short clip of the ride, either. True, I'm not enthused by what I've seen, but I'm not harping on it (I haven't posted in here in days). I'm being patient and waiting to see what the rest of the ride looks like. We should all do likewise, and remain friendly in the meantime.

I love Flight of Passage and hate Fast and Furious.

I like Cat in the Hat but don’t care for Little Mermaid.

The company doesn’t matter to me. The ride format doesn’t matter to me. My opinions are based on what I find fun.

Heck, Back to the Future was my favorite ride ever and I don’t particularly care for The Simpsons ride—and they’re exactly the same system. Shows how much the ride type can even be irrelevant to what you might like or not like sometimes.

I love Flight of Passage and hate Fast and Furious.

I like Cat in the Hat but don’t care for Little Mermaid.

The company doesn’t matter to me. The ride format doesn’t matter to me. My opinions are based on what I find fun.

Heck, Back to the Future was my favorite ride ever and I don’t particularly care for The Simpsons ride—and they’re exactly the same system. Shows how much the ride type can even be irrelevant to what you might like or not like sometimes.

Your point is quite good. But if you have a whole bunch of the same general ride system, that's when it becomes a problem. (I used to like Simpsons when it was one of just four screen attractions at USF--HEY I CAN SEE OUR CAR!)

Your point is quite good. But if you have a whole bunch of the same general ride system, that's when it becomes a problem. (I used to like Simpsons before the screenz overload started.)
I like Fallon. I agree there’s too many rides like it in that park, but I still like it.

there’s literally 0 AR rides in any park though.

Reactions: JungleSkip
This thread has become so condescending, I'm honestly just sad (and its not just about the screens debate). This is just as bad as the WDW forums people make fun of.

I ment to make the post I created a couple of days ago my last blurp, but seeing what has unfolded just made me too sick.

I'm going to return to theme park speculation like I did in the past: alone. Thought it'd be fun with other people for once. But if this is how people act when we can't coincide (which they do all over the web), keep me out it.

This thread has become so condescending, I'm honestly just sad (and its not just about the screens debate). This is just as bad as the WDW forums people make fun of.

I ment to make the post I created a couple of days ago my last blurp, but seeing what has unfolded just made me too sick.

I'm going to return to theme park speculation like I did in the past: alone. Thought it'd be fun with other people for once. But if this is how people act when we can't coincide (which they do all over the web), keep me out it.

Don't take it personally, we're a passionate ol' bunch, with not much to talk about at the moment.

The mods do a pretty good job of steering us back on track, as Joe has done above.

Hopefully you'll stick around.

*Disclaimer stay away from the Screenz thread that's never pretty :lol:

I hear you, to be fair, this is the biggest Universal ride debut in awhile. Hagrid’s yes, but this has been known since before that. Not saying it’s validated but it is going to create some sort of response either way. Hope you stick around, we’ve waited years for anytbing and finally got it so all of us are freaking out a bit haha