Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Intellectually, I certainly understand and appreciate the complexity of the technical design of the attraction. In terms of engineering, of course it's impressive.

In terms of an actual ride experience, for me the physical environment is WAY more of a personal selling point at this stage. I'm sure it's a whole different thing to actually experience the ride in person, obviously, so I'm not rendering any definitive judgments in any way. It looks like a very fun ride... but probably not one that would threaten any of my current top Universal faves.
I mean, without the AR, it’s just some quaint dark ride scenes. They’re well done, but it’s the AR that looks like it takes them from mundane to “WOW”. I expect a modern E-ticket from Universal or Disney to really wow me with tech, and this looks to do that, while also representing some of my favorite characters. Characters that before 2015 I was sure would never show up in a park like this.

I don’t know if it will be my favorite Universal ride, but I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t end up in my top 5 dark rides

Anyone else get the feeling that the little screen based tease at the very very start of the ride was kind of a cute little fake-out? Like, oh look just a screen simulator ride, and then the gate closes in front of us and we turn, entering a fully fleshed out dark ride setting instead lol.
I honestly giggled when that part happened

Reactions: Alicia
The thing that really wows me - and I'm sure there are more of these moments that we can't pick up without the full AR experience - is the fire-breathing Piranha Plants. I did a double take.
Something I noticed the second time I watched was the lasers shooting from the Bowser statues’ mouths. It’s hard to spot due to the way they filmed it, but that stuff is just so cool

This is where our paths diverge! I don't put as much value on every new E-ticket needing to push technical boundaries. I'm not a "tech for tech's sake" person, so it's not really a prerequisite for me.
Everything about a ride is tech. Like, opening the Jungle Cruise now as an E-ticket would not work. I don’t think anything I see here is “tech for tech’s sake”.

Reactions: Frogki
This looks like it's going to be the most decisive theme park ride in recent time. There are people who love it (who rode it) and people who don't love it (who also rode it).

Very interesting...
I’m gonna go out on a limb and say it’s not going to be divisive at all. I’ll be amazed if it isn’t the most popular attraction at each resort it opens at.

I can’t wait for the few naysayers saying “Eh, it’s not that impressive” and nitpicking the AR and so on to completely change their tune once they’ve actually been on it, because a POV video can only go so far in getting across how every aspect of the ride - the AR, the sets, the animatronics, the projection mapping, the music, the smells, even the ride vehicle and the very temperature of the air itself - truly gel together to create a first person experience that watching it through YouTube will never be able to replicate.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
I think for me, it'll probably be like Forbidden Journey. Blew my mind at first, I completely appreciate the technological move forward, and it's still a blast to ride all these years later... But Spider-Man has remained my number one from Universal!

Forbidden Journey has slid a little for me over the years because of the lack of any coherent plot (TBF I completely understand why they went that route), but it's still in my top five all time favorite Universal attractions (with Dragons, MIB, Spidey and Jaws).

Last edited:
I can admit when I was wrong

The ride looks amazing...I am soooooooo glad the footage from before is nothing like what the ride is.

I am even more excited about it coming to USH and excited to see the DK ride and beyond. Nintendo and Universal have done an amazing job

I don’t know if it will be my favorite Universal ride, but I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t end up in my top 5 dark rides

Whether or not it will be my favourite dark ride is beside the point for me.

After watching the multitude of all the different videos today I'd be hard pressed not to say, with the overall package of all the things together, that this will likely be my favourite Theme Park area ever.

While Gringotts is a great attraction it's not the best. But when you package it together with all of the other bits and pieces, Diagon Alley is unparalleled for me as an overall park area/experience.

SNW as a whole I truly believe will surpass it for me.

Whether or not it will be my favourite dark ride is beside the point for me.

After watching the multitude of all the different videos today I'd be hard pressed not to say, with the overall package of all the things together, that this will likely be my favourite Theme Park area ever.

While Gringotts is a great attraction it's not the best. But when you package it together with all of the other bits and pieces, Diagon Alley is unparalleled for me as an overall park area/experience.

SNW as a whole I truly believe will surpass it for me.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. Hoping the food is good when it comes here, as that’s always a big part of a land for me. I’m sure I’ll be pleased though.

Really the only way they could have made it feel faster would be to ditch all of the practical elements and rely on mapping, screen tunnels, and light effects

Although that would have made it feel speedier, I don't know if that would have been a better ride

I applaud them for taking the practical, approach

Although, I did enjoy how the last scene, the finale, is the "fastest" moment of the ride

As I said before I don't think the food is coming over as it is. Americans want bigger portions, different ingredients, and different styles. I could totally see the pizza bowl come but in a different style and maybe a pizza burger or something.
Looking forward to eating a Mario Weenie