Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 170 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like there's no occlusion/obscuring from the heads in the first row though. Which again, might not be as much of an issue for the human eye as it is for the camera placement here... But I'd love to see the ride's AR tech updated someday to automatically put objects *behind* foreground heads, front of the car, etc. It is something that the technology is working to improve overall right now, so maybe it could happen. Minor detail though, just found it interesting that it's not yet in use for this attraction, as far as I can tell.

That was one of my first reactions to the AR video. That it's going to be an issue with things that you should be seeing overlaying a screen or scene, being seen on the back of the front seat rider's head. I suspect it'll be a little bit of a Smuggler's Run scenario where you want to be up front. Granted, this was from a cell phone vid, so maybe it won't be as bad on the ride.

Otherwise.... They did pretty damn good with the limitations they had. Obviously they couldn't make it high speed without making a park sized building. The no AR video seems soooo slow. But the AR one seems faster. You can tell you are moving slow, but idk how noticeable it'll be irl. I agree with the consensus that this will be one of the most popular rides in the park. This is the modern version of the slow moving dark ride that the entire family can ride. I'm curious to see how the AR stuff affects people with motion sickness like 3d can though.

Whether or not it will be my favourite dark ride is beside the point for me.

After watching the multitude of all the different videos today I'd be hard pressed not to say, with the overall package of all the things together, that this will likely be my favourite Theme Park area ever.

While Gringotts is a great attraction it's not the best. But when you package it together with all of the other bits and pieces, Diagon Alley is unparalleled for me as an overall park area/experience.

SNW as a whole I truly believe will surpass it for me.
Yea I agree with this. Especially once DK opens.

It all looks really cool, but It just seems like more of a shooting game themed to mario kart than a mario kart race. In that way I am disappointed. I would be interested to see this tech used on a faster ride like an indoor family coaster.

Reactions: Baba Booey
I’m just going to point this out. So let’s say Mario Kart was decided to be an actual racing game... only one person gets to be the driver...

this way was the most fair way to create an interactive ride based on an experience many people want to experience in real life.

Yea. Rationally I think they built the ride that checks *most* of the boxes for a ride themed to Mario Kart.

I’m just going to point this out. So let’s say Mario Kart was decided to be an actual racing game... only one person gets to be the driver...

this way was the most fair way to create an interactive ride based on an experience many people want to experience in real life.
I would rather them split the driving duties into four parts randomized than this. This could use wheel indicators to let guests know who is up with steering assist for people with no clue just like in actual mario kart.

The ride is cute. I really enjoyed the physical sets and even the projection/screen heavy rainbow road without AR was well done in my opinion. If I were to explain it to my friends who love MK before riding, I would tell them its Mario Kart 10cc: The Ride. I understand we've known it was a slow moving ride and why it has to be one, but I don't think they achieved simulating that it is faster than it is which is a bummer bc it's not a reflection of the games. Your vehicle in supercharged just jiggles while completely stationary and I can feel more simulated speed on that than this moving ride vehicle on a track.

I feel like they really missed the mark in a couple of areas.. it's a shame we didn't get to ride the walls when the track splits in half in the mansion.. (that's my favorite part in the games). It was a shame to just see it on a screen and turn past it.. there are literally 2 tracks with 2 vehicles which would have been perfect.. It could've been a unique and thrilling addition to the ride.

I think its really cute and definitely seems fun.

Am I really impressed? No.. it underperformed in my opinion and I'm not just knocking it for being slow.. I love a good dark ride.. but it really missed a lot of opportunities honestly.. and looking at how slow the vehicles move, It's just not acceptable to have no character animatronics.. they put in generic moving figures that already exist all throughout the land.. we needed team Mario/Koopa characters in vehicles next to us.. and looking at how they blended the AR w the physical screens/piranha plants, I know they could've easily blended the AR w vehicle animatronics.

I think this will be an amazing addition to the lackluster lower lot at USH and am very excited for the land.

However, MK is just not a ride to be anchoring something as grand as Epic Universe in my honest opinion... it deserves to take over KidZone and would make a great addition to that park..

I would have them go back to the drawing board and come up with something legendary to anchor Epic... maybe a different Nintendo IP.

The ride is cute. I really enjoyed the physical sets and even the projection/screen heavy rainbow road without AR was well done in my opinion. If I were to explain it to my friends who love MK before riding, I would tell them its Mario Kart 10cc: The Ride. I understand we've known it was a slow moving ride and why it has to be one, but I don't think they achieved simulating that it is faster than it is which is a bummer bc it's not a reflection of the games. Your vehicle in supercharged just jiggles while completely stationary and I can feel more simulated speed on that than this moving ride vehicle on a track.

I feel like they really missed the mark in a couple of areas.. it's a shame we didn't get to ride the walls when the track splits in half in the mansion.. (that's my favorite part in the games). It was a shame to just see it on a screen and turn past it.. there are literally 2 tracks with 2 vehicles which would have been perfect.. It could've been a unique and thrilling addition to the ride.

I think its really cute and definitely seems fun.

Am I really impressed? No.. it underperformed in my opinion and I'm not just knocking it for being slow.. I love a good dark ride.. but it really missed a lot of opportunities honestly.. and looking at how slow the vehicles move, It's just not acceptable to have no character animatronics.. they put in generic moving figures that already exist all throughout the land.. we needed team Mario/Koopa characters in vehicles next to us.. and looking at how they blended the AR w the physical screens/piranha plants, I know they could've easily blended the AR w vehicle animatronics.

I think this will be an amazing addition to the lackluster lower lot at USH and am very excited for the land.

However, MK is just not a ride to be anchoring something as grand as Epic Universe in my honest opinion... it deserves to take over KidZone and would make a great addition to that park..

I would have them go back to the drawing board and come up with something legendary to anchor Epic... maybe a different Nintendo IP.
Dude how can you even play at knowing what a ride feels like when you haven’t even been on it?

I forgot who said it, but I'm also going to have to say that Indiana Jones, as a ride that manages to both feel fast and be very physical, is also my favorite dark ride.

I love IJA. It also has a ton of segments in the dark and stops/goes very slow at times. I love it but lets not pretend it's racing.

I can really see how this was designed to replace kidzone. This looks like probably the best kids area ever made that adults can also enjoy. Remember one of they key reasons disney makes so much money is they create a lot of E ticket attractions that a wide demographic can enjoy. I think SNW can anchor a park with the right thrilling options to balance things out.

Dude how can you even play at knowing what a ride feels like when you haven’t even been on it?

The same way you can so aggressively defend a ride you also have never been on. Everyone is in the exact same shoes and is just sharing their opinions on a youtube pov. It's ok to share different opinions.

Okay so I didn’t wanna be hyperbolic earlier but since others have stated close to or something near it.....

Haven’t experience this or SWGE, so I take that into account, but this feels like the GOAT land to me. At least of the major, single IP realms. It’s just ridiculous.

As I said before I don't think the food is coming over as it is. Americans want bigger portions, different ingredients, and different styles. I could totally see the pizza bowl come but in a different style and maybe a pizza burger or something.

I would bet the burgers will come (The Mario Bacon Cheese Burger and Luigi Chicken Burger) and likely the 2 pasta dishes (Tomato/Meatball and Bacon carbonara) as well. Dessert wise I could see the Peach's Cake, Goal Pole cake and Chocolate cupcake coming too.

Those are fairly common foods that American crowds will gobble up

I clearly wrote "in my opinion" multiple times in my post. You're reading me to filth without actually reading my original post
Nah, I know it was your opinion. It's just that it's impossible to have an opinion on how they "simulated speed" from a crappy 1/2 depth POV where the visuals are completely out of alignment due to awkward filming conditions, and then extrapolating that into believing this can't be the flagship ride of a park.
Okay so I didn’t wanna be hyperbolic earlier but since others have stated close to or something near it.....

Haven’t experience this or SWGE, so I take that into account, but this feels like the GOAT land to me. At least of the major, single IP realms. It’s just ridiculous.
I like SWGE a lot, but I wouldn't even put it in my top 5 of lands once Velocicoaster opens.