T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Right, which is why I'm currently leaning towards Bourne...but they could surprise me

Just seems weird that they're vague about it if it's a property they already own. I know they don't always announce the replacements right away, or even until halfway through construction, but eh...maybe I'm just holding out hope for Bond over Bourne.

Reactions: merlin0402
Just seems weird that they're vague about it if it's a property they already own. I know they don't always announce the replacements right away, or even until halfway through construction, but eh...maybe I'm just holding out hope for Bond over Bourne.

This is Universal we're talking about. They're vague about stuff we KNOW, let alone the stuff we don't

Reactions: Ryan and DK745

Well, then! That's encouraging.

Hm but unless Uni is certain I don't see why they would jump the gun on it.

This is going to be interesting for sure.

I don't see any way a Bond deal could be finalized to the point that Universal would already be acting on it. It was reported just yesterday that Apple and Amazon are now vying for the Bond distribution rights, too.

Well, then! That's encouraging.

I think D23 has them spooked. They're being proactive.

I don't see any way a Bond deal could be finalized to the point that Universal would already be acting on it. It was reported just yesterday that Apple and Amazon are now vying for the Bond distribution rights, too.

I would agree, but stranger things have happened

That's true. But it's a nice coincidence that the new film comes out in 2019 and this opens in 2019. I don't think any Bourne film is coming out anytime soon, and the last film was bad.

Reactions: jseal777
I think you play to your strengths, and Universal really has never been all that good at character-based shows. Plus, just from a diversification argument, 2019 with the following lineup hits a bunch of different demographics:

-SLoP replacing Shrek
-Stunt Show replacing T2
-New Potter E-Ticket
Damn....Universal is really trying to show Disney they can compete against Star Wars. and here originally all I thought we were getting was another Potter ride...

So basically everybody should just skip visiting central Florida next year since there's next to nothing coming...but 2019 is gonna be huge.

So 2019 will give us the new Potter coaster at IOA, T2 replacement show, possibly slop and with a bit of luck more Potter to replace FFL?

The timetable isn't that confusing, especially if they're looking at options for similar franchises but don't know the details. Closing now gives over a year to demo T2 and refurb/expand, build the theater. The queue will likely get a more generic look. The set will be a cityscape for either major option, and many of the major effects would be interchangeable for Bond OR Bourne. This gives the film side time to win or lose the next Bond film. Once THAT decision is made (good or bad), the details of the script and which movie to show in the queue can be finalized (2 months) and rehearsals can go (2 months). They can have this opening, easily, by Memorial Day 2019.

Real talk: I see a lot of "But man, Bourne is a dead/bad franchise". I would mostly agree with that. It's an odd choice for a show if that's what it is...

Yet Waterworld is probably the best theme park stunt show of all time and that movie was a giant turd.

So...Waterworld stunt show replacing T-2. Got it.

Real talk: I see a lot of "But man, Bourne is a dead/bad franchise". I would mostly agree with that. It's an odd choice for a show if that's what it is...

Yet Waterworld is probably the best theme park stunt show of all time and that movie was a giant turd.
Counterpoint: Waterworld is (from what I've heard) an amazing show, but it was made around the same time as the movie so they didn't know that it'd be a flop. Meanwhile basing a brand new 2019 attraction off the Bourne franchise would be like Disney making a big new show based off... Bolt, or something. It just seems off.

Reactions: merlin0402
Counterpoint: Waterworld is (from what I've heard) an amazing show, but it was made around the same time as the movie so they didn't know that it'd be a flop. Meanwhile basing a brand new 2019 attraction off the Bourne franchise would be like Disney making a big new show based off... Bolt, or something. It just seems off.

Counter-counterpoint: But Waterworld flopped and flopped HARD, yet the show has been around for 22 years. Bourne is still a recognizable name that will draw some attention, and if the show is even 1/2 as good as Waterworld it won't matter what it's based off of. And if they manage to snag Bond, it means it will be a bigger draw.

I don't think this project is meant to push the gate count up significantly. It's there to improve their offerings and replace an aging show.

Reactions: belloq87
Counter-counterpoint: But Waterworld flopped and flopped HARD, yet the show has been around for 22 years. Bourne is still a recognizable name that will draw some attention, and if the show is even 1/2 as good as Waterworld it won't matter what it's based off of. And if they manage to snag Bond, it means it will be a bigger draw.

I don't think this project is meant to push the gate count up significantly. It's there to improve their offerings and replace an aging show.
Plus, if someone asks what is Bourne, and hears it is kind of like James Bond, then it is like: cool, let's watch it.

It's replacing an aging, screen-based show AND the unpolished turd of a show on the other side of the lack.

This should be fine.

EDIT - And the Bellas from Pitch Perfect can be the preshow.