T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Counter-counterpoint: But Waterworld flopped and flopped HARD, yet the show has been around for 22 years. Bourne is still a recognizable name that will draw some attention, and if the show is even 1/2 as good as Waterworld it won't matter what it's based off of. And if they manage to snag Bond, it means it will be a bigger draw.

I don't think this project is meant to push the gate count up significantly. It's there to improve their offerings and replace an aging show.
That's also true. I wouldn't be surprised if Bond is the plan for if they can get the rights, but if that falls through we get Bourne.

Wouldn't there be more limitations on what they can do indoors with a stunt show vs. an outdoor one? I know T2 had some stunts but not really that many.

Counterpoint: Waterworld is (from what I've heard) an amazing show, but it was made around the same time as the movie so they didn't know that it'd be a flop. Meanwhile basing a brand new 2019 attraction off the Bourne franchise would be like Disney making a big new show based off... Bolt, or something. It just seems off.

Tron

Wouldn't there be more limitations on what they can do indoors with a stunt show vs. an outdoor one? I know T2 had some stunts but not really that many.

Probably just no pyro anymore.

I still don't see Bourne. It's a very odd choice for a theme park IP imo and doesn't seem easily marketable nowadays. Not nearly as much as Bond and I wouldn't be surprise if Bond falls thru that Universal complete rewrites what they're putting in here or pulling something from left field.

Reactions: DK745

I'd argue these are circumstantial situations: Disney had Tron's schematics in already and it's a recognizable and visually appealing IP, plus wanting to bring something new to Shanghai per what the government was requesting. Ratatouille is also a visually appealing IP from a well-liked movie that was bought because the French love the film and are partial to it. WDW brought both since they were clones and fit the areas needed for expansion.

Granted, if the Bond guess is right, this would also be circumstantial... but I don't see this being that imperative. Plus Bourne just isn't a very theme park friendly IP. It's gritty and has little crossover appeal.

Reactions: captainmoch
Ok, let's disect the given info.

"An all new, live action experience based on a high energy Universal franchise."

The phrase "live action" doesn't have anything to do with "action". It means actors.

They specifically said Universal property, not Illumination or DreamWorks, so Sing and Shrek seem out. Bourne, Pitch Perfect, and Wicked are all Universal. Wicked isn't what I would call "high energy" and it's not a franchise. And "high energy" doesn't sound very Bourne either. That leave us with Pitch Perfect and.... OK, I'm at a loss as to more "high energy" Universal franchises.

"An all new, live action experience based on a high energy Universal franchise."

The phrase "live action" doesn't have anything to do with "action". It means actors.

They specifically said Universal property, not Illumination or DreamWorks, so Sing and Shrek seem out. Bourne, Pitch Perfect, and Wicked are all Universal. Wicked isn't what I would call "high energy" and it's not a franchise. And "high energy" doesn't sound very Bourne either. That leave us with Pitch Perfect and.... OK, I'm at a loss as to more "high energy" Universal franchises.
So it's Jason Bourne doing Wicked songs a capella.

Confirmed.

Wicked is high energy in an abridged version. Lots of pop songs, dancing and stunts. But I think Wicked is eyed for other things...

...like a MSHI replacement amirite guys?! :lol:

Remember the film version of "Wicked" is set for Christmas, 2019 so I doubt they'd do the stage show