T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A replacement has not yet been announced, but Universal states the closure will “make way for an all-new live action experience based on a high-energy Universal franchise.”

I figured it out!!!

Purge%20Pack.png

Reactions: Furiated
Yes, but that Universal has been said by a few outlets to be in the ring for competing alongside Warner; Sony; Apple; Amazon; and i believe a few others for film rights.

*distribution not film. Eon maintains control of those for perpetuity.

A replacement has not yet been announced, but Universal states the closure will “make way for an all-new live action experience based on a high-energy Universal franchise.”

I figured it out!!!

Purge%20Pack.png

Wouldn't be surprised. With another movie and two tv shows based off it on SYFY and USA.

It could easily be a Wicked show like the one in Japan hopefully, better. It has been stated before that they still have the sets for it in storage and since the movie is coming out in 2019 I wouldn't be surprised. Universal owns Wicked the only problem is I don't feel like they would say live action for something like Wicked but maybe. Also in multiple surveys, they have asked about a Wicked show plus now knowing Disney is going to have a theatre they may be trying the same thing.

It could easily be a Wicked show like the one in Japan hopefully, better. It has been stated before that they still have the sets for it in storage and since the movie is coming out in 2019 I wouldn't be surprised. Universal owns Wicked the only problem is I don't feel like they would say live action for something like Wicked but maybe. Also in multiple surveys, they have asked about a Wicked show plus now knowing Disney is going to have a theatre they may be trying the same thing.
It's possible Wicked is being eyed for a non-park property at the Resort down the line, (kinda like Blue Man Group or La Nouba.)

*distribution not film. Eon maintains control of those for perpetuity.

Sure. But should Uni get the distribution rights to Bond it "becomes" a Universal franchise, even if it's as much of a stretch of the definition as that as.

Wouldn't be surprised. With another movie and two tv shows based off it on SYFY and USA.

Considering the flop of The Walking Dead attraction, which is a property that is way, way more popular than The Purge, it would surprise the hell out of me.

High Energy? Universal IP? Interactive Stunt Show/Musical?

Okay hear me out, what about...

SafeWords: A Fifty Shades Experience

Now I know what you're thinking, "Oh GOD NOOOO!" but Disney could never, plus think how innovative and attention grabbing it would be? Universal under Comcast has been all about looking forward to create high quality attractions that focus on expanding audiences while simultaneously promoting brand synergy.

If not that I guess Shrek Musical would be cool. What's the rights situation on the Mama Mia! stuff? I'd be all about some ABBA and cheese.

I figured it out!!!

Purge%20Pack.png
I mean, a permanent, choose your own path kind of thing would be interesting

Doesn't seem like something Universal Orlando would do though

Also, this would be cool to see