T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe they are doing maintenance on the show right now, thus the bike and platform lift is not working (at least it was not working in the middle of January).

I know videotaping is not allowed by the Cyberdyne crew but I'm looking for footage of that scene (T-1000 entrance en Kimberley's alternative exit, don't need the rest). If anyone could record it for me, I would be really happy.
I swear you only post on the forums asking for people to break the rules and film footage! :p

Reactions: Maurice2029
I really hope they update the film soon. The post production 3d has gotten much much better in the last few years. If titanic 3D has any indication they could definitely do this a lot better. The current film considering when it was made just doesn't hold up. I love the format of the show though.

yes they really do need to do something.I love the t2 show but I can no longer do the 3d there so I spend most of the show with the glasses off.

Went on this today and whilst the bike is now back, it actually broke halfway through the show as it went 'into the screen'. The bike failed to lift up the hill, so arnie and John just kinda sat there for a while before wandering off. The hole that they are supposed to travel through was left in the 'open' position, so after about a minute they just evac'ed the whole theatre. I took some pics of the stuck bike as we walked out, but won't post them here in case it's not allowed. Looks like there's still some work to be done!

Went on this today and whilst the bike is now back, it actually broke halfway through the show as it went 'into the screen'. The bike failed to lift up the hill, so arnie and John just kinda sat there for a while before wandering off. The hole that they are supposed to travel through was left in the 'open' position, so after about a minute they just evac'ed the whole theatre. I took some pics of the stuck bike as we walked out, but won't post them here in case it's not allowed. Looks like there's still some work to be done!

I don't think it isn't allowed... Never seen anyone have a problem for posting evac photos. Can @BriMan confirm?

I don't think it isn't allowed... Never seen anyone have a problem for posting evac photos. Can @BriMan confirm?

It's fine. It's not a picture taken backstage.

The bike did not get stuck. That picture shows the screen didn't get raised to its full upright position so the safety system stopped the bike because of the head clearance for the performers.

The bike did not get stuck. That picture shows the screen didn't get raised to its full upright position so the safety system stopped the bike because of the head clearance for the performers.

He stated that by the time he took this picture they had already manually closed the door. So the door was open when the bike stopped.

This was from my recent ride evac, after the bike got stuck on the hill going into the screen. The screen door had already been manually shut by this point. Was really disappointed at the time, but it's a cool thing to have experienced at this point, I guess!

View attachment 1487

View attachment 1486
Dear lord. When I was a tech there they would never have let the screen look that ragged. T23D needs some TLC!

I swear you only post on the forums asking for people to break the rules and film footage! :p
Lol. I've also posted other stuff in other threads so don't you worry, I'm not only hear for the recordings. ;-)
But let me explain myself. T23D is the attraction I love the most and hold dear memories of (also thanks to the great and friendly cast and crew of that attraction). I'm a big Terminator fan myself. The problem is, I live in Europe. It's not that I can come by any time because of free time and money issues. I love the Universal Studios themeparks and have visited the Florida venue in 2008 and 2014, the Hollywood venue in 2009 and the Japanese venue in 2015. Like I said, I hold T23D close to my heart. And I'm interested in any variation that can happen, specially the version in which Kimberley Duncan survives as normally she is bound to die in every performance. I ask for recordings because I personally can't come to watch it as I'm on the other side of the world. I don't ask for recordings of the whole show, I only ask for a recording a that particular variation. If I'd live nearby I would have done it myself. But that's unfortunately not the case. So my hope is that people will record it someday for me so I can see it happen. And yes I know recording is not allowed in the show, but youtube is already full with full show recordings of it. My interest is pure in a recording of the variation, not the whole show. If a recording is my only chance to see a variation of the play/story, then so be it and I will keep on asking until I have seen it. So sorry if I ask too much for recordings, but blame on the love I have for this show.