The Acolyte (Disney+) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Acolyte (Disney+)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
ok I figured it out

the thing that REALLY bothered me of the question I had.
are they putting the Jedi in a negative light? they were going to take the girl by force? the spoilers I saw were making the Jedi look pretty bad. is that really happening? like they were careless or something?
Like I said before, it’s half-baked and not well-written. I think the creator’s intent is for that to be the case, but it’s not clear from the actual show. The other side doesn’t come across much better, IMO.

Goddamn. That new episode. Jesus christ. So good... but I need a breather. So brutal.

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

For sure the best episode so far, its start whatever like the angles and action are just generic but once it gets going and they focus on one on one fights much better moments

The Dialogue is still...its just not refined its like they wrote it once and everyone said "good enough"

So great this episode was good because of action but none action episodes just really suck because the story, the way the story is told and dialogue just needed to be worked on more...especially for the budget of this series

The Sith throwing the saber and it being blocked and cuttind down trees was cool

The Padwan fighting for her life was great and she is now gone along with Yord.

The Sith and Acolyte motives really suck. The Sith just wants to use his power....which I'm pretty sure he was doing before all this considering how powerful he is and is willing to risk taking on thousands of Jedi, makes no sense just go find some planet the Jedi don't care about and you'll be good but no lets attack the most powerful people in the galaxy and think you can kill them all.

the Acolyte just flip flops what she wants...one moment she wants revenge, no now her sister.....she literally wanted the Jedi to arrest her but the moment they do she runs and fights back....just makes no sense the Jedi did what she thought they would be still resisted.

For sure the best episode so far, its start whatever like the angles and action are just generic but once it gets going and they focus on one on one fights much better moments

The Dialogue is still...its just not refined its like they wrote it once and everyone said "good enough"

So great this episode was good because of action but none action episodes just really suck because the story, the way the story is told and dialogue just needed to be worked on more...especially for the budget of this series

The Sith throwing the saber and it being blocked and cuttind down trees was cool

The Padwan fighting for her life was great and she is now gone along with Yord.

The Sith and Acolyte motives really suck. The Sith just wants to use his power....which I'm pretty sure he was doing before all this considering how powerful he is and is willing to risk taking on thousands of Jedi, makes no sense just go find some planet the Jedi don't care about and you'll be good but no lets attack the most powerful people in the galaxy and think you can kill them all.

the Acolyte just flip flops what she wants...one moment she wants revenge, no now her sister.....she literally wanted the Jedi to arrest her but the moment they do she runs and fights back....just makes no sense the Jedi did what she thought they would be still resisted.
It felt like they took the two good action scenes from the second act of the movie, but had to keep cutting away from the first one to stretch the episode. Because we're trying to stretch a 90 minute movie to a 4 hour show. So a lot of good in that first fight (e.g. the red sabre scene) but the editing cuts its effectiveness.

Also, speaking of budget, other than one gorgeous shot, all the twin effects were straight out of The Patty Duke Show. And the whole episode looked like it was filmed on the set of Land of the Lost. For $190 million, I expect this to look at least as good as a 80s made-for-TV-Star-Wars movie, not a 60s sitcom.

I was glad to see Lyla from Dark Materials get something to do finally (she was quite good in that show, first four episodes here forgettable), and Master Sol is great when you keep him taciturn,

It felt like they took the two good action scenes from the second act of the movie, but had to keep cutting away from the first one to stretch the episode. Because we're trying to stretch a 90 minute movie to a 4 hour show. So a lot of good in that first fight (e.g. the red sabre scene) but the editing cuts its effectiveness.

Also, speaking of budget, other than one gorgeous shot, all the twin effects were straight out of The Patty Duke Show. And the whole episode looked like it was filmed on the set of Land of the Lost. For $190 million, I expect this to look at least as good as a 80s made-for-TV-Star-Wars movie, not a 60s sitcom.

I was glad to see Lyla from Dark Materials get something to do finally (she was quite good in that show, first four episodes here forgettable), and Master Sol is great when you keep him taciturn,
I agree on how most of the shoe os filmed ks pretty basic

There were moments of greatness but yeah this show like Obi wan and boba before it feel stretched out

Also good if some people like it but I don’t think this show will draw people to read the high republic books

Also maybe I’m wrong but wasn’t this show suppose to show the perspective from the Sith side? Like wasn’t that the hook?

Reactions: SeventyOne
I will say its insane how a good fight has turned some people's perception of the show to.....Ohh now its good

So the first 4 episodes having bad writing to many I guess means nothing as long as you have a cool fight or two.

While I don't hate the Prequels, kinda reminds me of that where people just latch onto the good and refuse to really acknowledge the really bad parts. Like many times when I point out I love Mando, I only normally say the first two season because season 3 by far had the worst writing, CDI was much more noticeable and the story kinda defeats the whole purpose and emotion impact of season 2 almost perfect ending.

I just wish Fans had.....standards instead of wanting to be on a team if something is good or bad. Like if we get more Acolyte quality shows story and writing wise...I'm just out, I'm going to finish this because its almost over but I really don't understand the appeal of the writing in this show and all I see on the positive is the fights, no one is talking about the dialogue, how its shot or characters and their motives

I think Jecki is the only character I think they did pretty well with but Yord...I mean one episode he seems like he's understanding then the next he's pissed Osha is still around, he doesn't say why and he's a Jedi why is he acting like some teenager and being all moody?