The Amity Demolition Thread | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

The Amity Demolition Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The shops on the lagoon side of the walkway are now gone. I bet they will have it cleaned up and ready to be used as a viewing are for the lagoon show

Almost completely gone,

AM1.jpg

am3.jpg

am4.jpg

am6.jpg

am7.jpg

am8.jpg

am9.jpg

Reactions: BJCool
In hindsight, I think Universal hired Honey Badger to do the demolition. Managers tried to explain the history of Jaws to the Honey Badger and he said, "Honey Badger doesn't care. Honey Badger doesn't give a ....."

Reactions: PWT
Almost completely gone,

am8.jpg

Is it me or is the fact that the Jaws boat house / service house is still not distoryed give me hope that they are distorying the rest of the island to rebuild a better Amity / Jaws ride?

If it is me, then I am pretty sure that they are going to build Harry Potter V.2. :'(

Well something to consider is if they leave or somehow reuse parts of old structures they get a HUGE tax break. While its a brand new attraction it actually goes on the books as a refurbishment. Or at least something to that effect. They did the same thing with just about every other attraction thats opened in the last decade. Another thing is its possible they still have work to do. They could be tearing things down and prepping them for shipment to Osaka. Yeah its doubtful but if anything was scrapped it was the fleet.

But in the end don't look for either structure to last much longer.

I think for the time being the service boathouse is just being used to help house the equipment tools as a convenience for the process. As said, I would not count on it lasting much longer.

When I was there this past week, walking through that area between the construction walls, it was borderline unsettling. All that blue sky instead of the surrounding buildings. It was very strange and so quiet. I took some pics of Bruce and went on my way...

When I was there this past week, walking through that area between the construction walls, it was borderline unsettling. All that blue sky instead of the surrounding buildings. It was very strange and so quiet. I took some pics of Bruce and went on my way...

It is indeed very odd and depressing to walk through there. It looks so empty and just blah.

Nice catch, once the boardwalk area is redone and that opens we will just have one wall to look at for the next 2.5 years.

So so so... will the docks disappear and be pulled back to solid ground? If they don't disappear, will the pilings be rethemed? My guess would be pulling out the pilings and then have half of the dock areas be poured concrete and reshape the shore to a more curvy design. Any additions on top this area cannot be grossly ye oldeeeeeee; even though Amity was a grossly false New England.

So so so... will the docks disappear and be pulled back to solid ground? If they don't disappear, will the pilings be rethemed? My guess would be pulling out the pilings and then have half of the dock areas be poured concrete and reshape the shore to a more curvy design. Any additions on top this area cannot be grossly ye oldeeeeeee; even though Amity was a grossly false New England.

An amphitheater would be nice. Perfect viewing location for Cinematic Spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.