Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - Reviews, Photos, & Videos

I saw this a couple of times now, and I guess my overall feeling is that it's good, but not great. The tech is definitely the coolest part as the way the sets blend with the screen leaves you guessing what's real and what isn't (aside from the obvious guys on the screen not wearing masks). Having said that, the tech is also its hinderance right now because both times I saw it, the show came to a technical freeze and the show director had to come out and explain that the show is new and that they were still working through the bugs. It was pretty nice though as when she came out, she was able to identify a T2 Easter Egg that was stuck on the screen. I guess my biggest gripe about the show is that the finale was underwhelming. As it is, the show just kind of ends, without any major "WOW" moment that leaves you speechless on the way out. Yes, I'd seen the video like everyone else about the exit doors being blown open during rehearsals and I suppose that led me to heighten my expectations. If you're a local and already visiting the park, it's worth the time checking out, but definitely not something I would build a national campaign around.

They’re now seating every row, social distancing to your left and right but people can now sit 3 feet behind you...
This is one of many recent developments that I can’t help but “yikes” at for both Uni and WDW. Stuff like this and Falcon’s “dividers” show that there is more of a commitment to appearing safe than being safe. Especially when, back when I was in Orlando, theaters were the number one place I saw masks go down and stay down for an extended period of time when they aren’t supposed to.

This is one of many recent developments that I can’t help but “yikes” at for both Uni and WDW. Stuff like this and Falcon’s “dividers” show that there is more of a commitment to appearing safe than being safe. Especially when, back when I was in Orlando, theaters were the number one place I saw masks go down and stay down for an extended period of time when they aren’t supposed to.
Yeah, if they weren't doing this crap, i'd possibly go back for a day or two and stay on site as a staycation in the first few weeks of January, but i'm not dealing with this crap that WDW and Uni are doing. My WDW pass expires at the end of February and there's no way i'm renewing. I currently don't have entry to UOR.

I live here and love the parks, but right now, I have absolutely ZERO desire to go to them right now. I probably won't fully consider it again until closer to next fall than not. I normally don't go much in the summer anyway due to the hellish weather and I won't go until i'm fully vaccinated either.

Yeah, if they weren't doing this crap, i'd possibly go back for a day or two and stay on site as a staycation in the first few weeks of January, but i'm not dealing with this crap that WDW and Uni are doing. My WDW pass expires at the end of February and there's no way i'm renewing. I currently don't have entry to UOR.

I live here and love the parks, but right now, I have absolutely ZERO desire to go to them right now. I probably won't fully consider it again until closer to next fall than not. I normally don't go much in the summer anyway due to the hellish weather and I won't go until i'm fully vaccinated either.

For me it's attraction by attraction. I'm NOT going on Popeye's, for example.

They’re now seating every row, social distancing to your left and right but people can now sit 3 feet behind you...

No thanks. I won't be visiting this attraction again until COVID is over.

I text my friend once we saw the plexiglass news on Frozen Ever After and Millennium Falcon about our currently booked Feb trip to Disney like... maybe it's time for a break instead? Loved the safety protocols the way they were before. Would rather wait longer or choose to do attractions with shorter wait times than to risk being uncomfortable being in such close proximity.

No thanks. I won't be visiting this attraction again until COVID is over.

I text my friend once we saw the plexiglass news on Frozen Ever After and Millennium Falcon about our currently booked Feb trip to Disney like... maybe it's time for a break instead? Loved the safety protocols the way they were before. Would rather wait longer or choose to do attractions with shorter wait times than to risk being uncomfortable being in such close proximity.
Elsewhere I've been pleased with their handling of things

This seems out of left field

Universal isn’t forcing people to go if they’re uncomfortable with the change. In the meantime, can we leave this thread for actual reviews, photos, and videos? There’s a general discussion thread for this kind of talk.

Saw this for the first time yesterday...Wowza!

You just never know what type of set is going to rotate out next

I was surprised at the amount of gunfire used in the show and they should definitely warn you more beforehand

As far as critique, I guess the story was rather simple and didn't expand past "Bourne is on the lamb"

I guess Terminator didn't really expand past "Cyberdyne equals bad" eitehr...so it's a minor critique

It's a great addition to the park and a modern take on a theme park stunt show

It fits nicely in a Universal that has transitioned away from the peek behind the curtain of producing a film

I just hate how they have animatronic cars in here that interact with the screen and not in F&F lol