The Future of E.T. Adventure | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What I heard was funding for refurbishments was delayed to this year for attractions. So I don't think it'll be anything more than "the usual".
Is that because funding in general was low, or because they figured they can afford downtime on attractions because of everything coming on line this year?

What I heard was funding for refurbishments was delayed to this year for attractions. So I don't think it'll be anything more than "the usual".
This makes the most sense as they are also painting the outside of the building as well.

Reactions: tankart150
So, you'd rather want it to be in the same state as it is; broken and that it would eventually become a problem with multiple factors and not just one.
No, but do a nice restoration of a classic instead of replacing it with Nintendo or Yoshi; the park is themed to Movies and TV Shows, what in the world does Mario have to do with that?! Also Uni's 3rd park should be about video games, Super Nintendo Land would fit well there:)
And ET is the only original ride left from 1990; they should fix the Ride, but not replace or retheme it (guardians tower). :)

No, but do a nice restoration of a classic instead of replacing it with Nintendo or Yoshi; the park is themed to Movies and TV Shows, what in the world does Mario have to do with that?! Also Uni's 3rd park should be about video games, Super Nintendo Land would fit well there:)
And ET is the only original ride left from 1990; they should fix the Ride, but not replace or retheme it (guardians tower). :)

I trust Universal more than Disney at this point. And that I think it's wise that they close down ET, so they can further expand the size of the world of Mario, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi.

I trust Universal more than Disney at this point. And that I think it's wise that they close down ET, so they can further expand the size of the world of Mario, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi.
Hmmm... are you insinuating that they may be changing or adding something to the queue so that it can be relocated at some point without having to take the ride down? :saywhat:

Reactions: Coasted

Let's keep this ET Refurbishment related, to talks SNW we have a thread for that.

Hmmm... are you insinuating that they may be changing or adding something to the queue so that it can be relocated at some point without having to take the ride down? :saywhat:

That's what I was thinking.. Maybe they'll start re-routing a new entrance so that they can start closing KidZone for Nintendo. Although, I'm not sure they were looking to close that until end of 2017.

That's what I was thinking.. Maybe they'll start re-routing a new entrance so that they can start closing KidZone for Nintendo. Although, I'm not sure they were looking to close that until end of 2017.

I think, if ET is staying; this will be the first step to make sure that they have a way to ensure that a new path will be made and that they will probably close it before the year ends to begin the work.

That said, as long as there isn't a "Fun Tent", we'll be good.

Reactions: UNIrd

Nintendo shall not expand, rather have it in a space where it can't spread out and take over other attractions.

Reactions: tankart150