The Future of E.T. Adventure | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of E.T. Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nintendo shall not expand, rather have it in a space where it can't spread out and take over other attractions.

What exactly do you mean by that?

Maybe they could run it through the preview center and everyone walks away with a $20? Think of the GSAT scores :clap:

IAS, I believe that it will be easy for them to move the Media Center to Production Central or even Hollywood at this point. And that they can allow the ET attraction to continue existing, provided that the Preshow leaves and that they have to make changes to the theming for the unload. Almost making it somewhat that you enter and leave out of the forest.

What exactly do you mean by that?

IAS, I believe that it will be easy for them to move the Media Center to Production Central or even Hollywood at this point. And that they can allow the ET attraction to continue existing, provided that the Preshow leaves and that they have to make changes to the theming for the unload. Almost making it somewhat that you enter and leave out of the forest.
They wouldn't need to get rid of the media center. There's a break in the building between the media center and the restaurant that can be used as an entrance/exit for ET.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Exactly :) the 4th park should be about video games and Nintendo:)

Checked again and apparently ET is still going for Nintendo.

To me, for the past few years; I have been growing more and more with the belief that it diversity is key in many particular aspects. And with Universal, they can't just stick to films anymore.

The Entertainment Industry has been flocking with many iconic properties, stories, and characters that transcend the angles of the film industry. Unlike what it was back in the past, many things have changed; and that it would be wise to look not strictly to film anymore when it comes to theme parks.

Will film play a major role? Oh yes, as it is what most of the attractions are. But with IP's like The Tonight Show, The Simpsons, and Nintendo; along with Rip Ride Rockit being a key example, the entertainment industry is more important now than ever.

ET may of been iconic in the past. But now? It is not the IP it was back in the day. It doesn't have the merchandise appeal as it was, coupled that you have a situation to where the ride system probably hasn't been properly updated in the past few years, along with the quality of the attraction degrading more and more. I want people to know that I love the original film, but that I do believe that ET's time is coming.

And, that ET is an attraction; that deserves to die in the best way. Much like how Jaws did.

Exactly :) the 4th park should be about video games and Nintendo:)
I actually agree with them keeping Nintendo in studious because I don't think it should play a big role in anything. I rather it be contained in one off section than in a big open space to expand on. You royally misunderstood me.

I wish I could "unlike" a post instead. Botanicus must live....for at least another 18 months so son gets old enough for a ride on his dads favorite ride from my childhood.
Yeah I'm pretty sure if they're putting money into refurbishing it it's probably safe for a while.

Yeah I'm pretty sure if they're putting money into refurbishing it it's probably safe for a while.

We don't entirely know the extent of the refurbishment, and that with it for mostly three weeks. That isn't enough time for anything major to be done, nor has Universal done a refurbishment of that large of a scale in that short of a time period.

We don't entirely know the extent of the refurbishment, and that with it for mostly three weeks. That isn't enough time for anything major to be done, nor has Universal done a refurbishment of that large of a scale in that short of a time period.

I'm not reading much into it either. It could easily just be patchwork to help ensure the ride makes it through the summer and maybe Christmas since they don't want to lose capacity.

Last edited:
I'm reading much into it either. It could easily just be patchwork to help ensure the ride makes it through the summer and maybe Christmas since they don't want to lose capacity.

You may want to reword that, mate. ;)

But yeah, I would believe this is nothing major, but that if it's in the same state as it is now once it reopens with no changes, that may be a good time to start wondering.

You may want to reword that, mate. ;)

But yeah, I would believe this is nothing major, but that if it's in the same state as it is now once it reopens with no changes, that may be a good time to start wondering.

Reword what?

When you think of it the storyline and message for Avatar and ET are exactly the same.
Both have an alien world with freaky aliens, waterfalls and plants on them. Both have light up plants and both have a natural disaster that is turned and then stuff is alright again.
The only difference is is that Disney is late to the party and uses a ton of screenz.
So it's still relevant.

Yeah I could get doing what's necessary to keep it in good working order for the time being, but painting the building definitely points to it remaining in place for at least several years.

E.T. is not going anywhere.