Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

If the preshows are running, it is absolutely one of the most bafflingly hilarious experiences in theme parks. There’s preshow after preshow, followed by 2 preshows when you’re actually on the ride. It’s hilarious
It does feel like the ride will just never start sometimes

Oh wow. We just rode it over the weekend and no pre-shows. It was my friends' very first time (they said it was bad but not THAT bad). I actually kinda like the pre-shows. It makes the experience feel like it's going to be better than it is.

It's 2040

F&F Supercharged has been replaced by a Knight Bus ride

RRR has been replaced by grass

And Universal replaces MIB with a Vekoma Shockwave

The first half takes place inside the showbuilding with two showscenes

The second half blasts through unused backstage space

This feels like it would cost way too much to pull off, as it would necessitate the demolition, and construction, of two areas in the same general time frame. Not to mention, a Knight Bus retheme of Supercharged would suffer from the same issue of being another screen-based ride in a park that's full of them already.

I feel like it would make more sense if they gutted Supercharged and built a new trackless dark ride. Meanwhile, Men In Black (and Cat in the Hat for that matter) could get a new ride system by Sally and, eventually, could be replaced by another IP (Ex: Battlestar Galactica if there is market demand for it).
My only problem is that, as much as I enjoyed the BSG reboot, it wasn't popular enough here to warrant an attraction. So say we all.

I'm, updating my map,

HRRR is now replaced by an Intamin mega/hyper coaster lol

Aladdin's Magic Carpet. Put it in Morocco and run it to Canada and back showing views into France, UK, and Canada while playing "A Whole New World". Just paint everything above tree level sky blue and everything below tree level go away green. It would be practically invisible.

Aladdin's Magic Carpet. Put it in Morocco and run it to Canada and back showing views into France, UK, and Canada while playing "A Whole New World". Just paint everything above tree level sky blue and everything below tree level go away green. It would be practically invisible.

I would welcome a Hollywood Dream style B&M mini hyper in Epcot.

(But my dream would be an RMC in DAK.)

I finally rode this ride and my god is it awful. Obviously everyone knows this by now, but I’m just gonna give my two cents to it. How was this approved? I mean seriously, how could people approve this ride and be like “Yes, this is what the people want and will bring in more visitors”. Everything leading up to the ride is fantastic, truly. The queue is great, the preshows actually aren’t that bad, and it hyped you up for a FAST and FURIOUS ride. And then you get...THAT. The tunnel with the lights was a great effect and the city scene were great, and the rest of the ride was just wow, i have never been on something so outrageously stupid, bizarre, boring, and WET, I mean seriously, I got way too wet in this ride. This ride does not deserve to last into the next decade.

I finally rode this ride and my god is it awful. Obviously everyone knows this by now, but I’m just gonna give my two cents to it. How was this approved? I mean seriously, how could people approve this ride and be like “Yes, this is what the people want and will bring in more visitors”. Everything leading up to the ride is fantastic, truly. The queue is great, the preshows actually aren’t that bad, and it hyped you up for a FAST and FURIOUS ride. And then you get...THAT. The tunnel with the lights was a great effect and the city scene were great, and the rest of the ride was just wow, i have never been on something so outrageously stupid, bizarre, boring, and WET, I mean seriously, I got way too wet in this ride. This ride does not deserve to last into the next decade.
Your review is right on....but....You're being generous when you say 'next decade'. If they didn't need capacity, it might still be closed. :lol: :)

What if this show building could become Ghostbusters territory if Uni decides to pull the plug completely? Move the entrance into the far end of NYC, and have the queue connect into the existing show-building. This would be a great fit as a classic old-school ride the movies e-ticket. So SF doesn’t become a completely empty land, add a walk-through along the side of the show building facing the lagoon about earthquakes and even include some of the exhibits from the earthquake pre-show. Wouldn’t be a major attraction, but at least something of interest in SF if the show-building’s given to NYC. Maybe take the old Dick Tracy concept from Hollywood Studios where you’ve been recruited to become ghostbusters and help the original 4 fight off ghosts through detailed, practical sets, with a grand finale including a massive, kong-sized Staypuft which seemingly picks up the vehicle like the OG kong. This wouldn’t completely be a shooting ride, but would have maybe 2-3 scenes where you have to come in as ‘backup.’ This possibly could call for an MIB replacement down the line depending on how prominent the shooting aspect is, but I say that it should only use the shooting function sparingly

What if this show building could become Ghostbusters territory if Uni decides to pull the plug completely? Move the entrance into the far end of NYC, and have the queue connect into the existing show-building. This would be a great fit as a classic old-school ride the movies e-ticket. So SF doesn’t become a completely empty land, add a walk-through along the side of the show building facing the lagoon about earthquakes and even include some of the exhibits from the earthquake pre-show. Wouldn’t be a major attraction, but at least something of interest in SF if the show-building’s given to NYC. Maybe take the old Dick Tracy concept from Hollywood Studios where you’ve been recruited to become ghostbusters and help the original 4 fight off ghosts through detailed, practical sets, with a grand finale including a massive, kong-sized Staypuft which seemingly picks up the vehicle like the OG kong. This wouldn’t completely be a shooting ride, but would have maybe 2-3 scenes where you have to come in as ‘backup.’ This possibly could call for an MIB replacement down the line depending on how prominent the shooting aspect is, but I say that it should only use the shooting function sparingly
There is an access road in the way for NY to F&F but yeah, GB would be a decent replacement. Have to figure out what to do with your mega grossing property though.