The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Gut Supercharged, build a Dinosaur-esc dark ride themed to Fast & Furious in the showbuilding. It would be better for USF's lineup.
The Dinosaur show building is almost 5,000 more square feet than the F&F show building. F&F is also only one built for one floor of track, where Dinosaur is two stories.

Putting a whole new ride system in that building, even with its size, is not simple by any means.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Just dropping in to say this ride is a despicable waste of good land. A raging dumpster fire.

that is all.
Oh, for sure. Queue’s wonderful - it’s the ride that’s a raging dumpster fire. Show building is massive, too, towering over the San-Fran façade - for what? A big screen shaped like the inside of one of those things they clip on your finger to measure your pulse?

Reactions: belloq87
I don't think I posted this before (I possibly did) but I guess I'm the one guy who actually LIKES the ride. Some background on me is that I get get sick on the fake motion rides. Love rollercoasters, but can't do the fake rides. It's like my brain knows it's not doing the movements that my eyes see and my body feels and it really messes me up. Dizzy and kinda out of it when I get off the rides (never puked).

I LOVE The Simpsons, did the ride once and will never do it again. Have done Spider-Man a couple times and hate it. Have done Transformers twice with my eyes closed for half of it the second time. Refuse to ever do Fallon because a friend who loves these rides said that one got to him. Etc for all the other ones. But this and Kong are ones I can actually do. Kong gets to me a little bit, but Fast & Furious doesn't bother me at all. I think because it's "side scrolling" so it doesn't give me the point of view experience that when you're "fake" traveling through the events from a first person viewpoint.

I get that's the reason everybody hates it. "If I'm going on a Fast & Furious ride I have to be driving Dom's car and feel like I'm in the movie!" But if that was how the ride was, I'd never be able to go on it as I'd get sick. It's like a Screenz with training wheels so it works for me. I love the queue too.

I don't think I posted this before (I possibly did) but I guess I'm the one guy who actually LIKES the ride. Some background on me is that I get get sick on the fake motion rides. Love rollercoasters, but can't do the fake rides. It's like my brain knows it's not doing the movements that my eyes see and my body feels and it really messes me up. Dizzy and kinda out of it when I get off the rides (never puked).

I LOVE The Simpsons, did the ride once and will never do it again. Have done Spider-Man a couple times and hate it. Have done Transformers twice with my eyes closed for half of it the second time. Refuse to ever do Fallon because a friend who loves these rides said that one got to him. Etc for all the other ones. But this and Kong are ones I can actually do. Kong gets to me a little bit, but Fast & Furious doesn't bother me at all. I think because it's "side scrolling" so it doesn't give me the point of view experience that when you're "fake" traveling through the events from a first person viewpoint.

I get that's the reason everybody hates it. "If I'm going on a Fast & Furious ride I have to be driving Dom's car and feel like I'm in the movie!" But if that was how the ride was, I'd never be able to go on it as I'd get sick. It's like a Screenz with training wheels so it works for me. I love the queue too.
Everyone has their own rides they love, no shame in it. I’m glad you enjoy it!

The queue is very solid I’ll say that.

Imagine a James Bond themed Test Track/ Kuka Arm hybrid ride. Maybe with a retro Bond theme. Classic Sean Connery, SPECTRE timeline. Fun. A little camp. Aston Martin themed ride vehicle. One can dream!

Attachments

• BB1F2A69-1505-4E1E-B065-CA0DD5ADA1C7.jpeg
    BB1F2A69-1505-4E1E-B065-CA0DD5ADA1C7.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Reactions: UPSguy
Imagine a James Bond themed Test Track/ Kuka Arm hybrid ride. Maybe with a retro Bond theme. Classic Sean Connery, SPECTRE timeline. Fun. A little camp. Aston Martin themed ride vehicle. One can dream!
If they couldn't get Bond for what became Bourne, they sure as words @Joe won't let me use here won't get Bond for a ride overlay.

If they couldn't get Bond for what became Bourne, they sure as words @Joe won't let me use here won't get Bond for a ride overlay.
Maybe one day things will change. I know there have been Bond attractions, like License to Thrill at Kings Dominion years ago. And then you see how the Tolkien estate, who were notoriously protective of their grandfather’s works, now allow Amazon to use the IP to create a streaming series.

Here's an idea:

Gut the Supercharged building but keep the Fast and Furious theme. Make a SFX indoor coaster that would be Fast and Furious themed. The building is large enough for that.

While I still would detest the Mummy leaving, at least the GP would be more accepting of that happening if an new F&F themed indoor coaster took Supercharged's place.