Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

Is Sony doing anything with Stripes? This is dying to become the EM-50 Adventure. Just when you thought Bourne was too old a series to base an attraction on...
It would still be better.

That's probably the one that I'm personally rooting for above Potter or even Fast.

Makes absolute sense to have another Kaiju at the resort; especially with something as unique and varied as Godzilla, Mothra, and Ghidorah. The lizard would probably be a great draw, and could even have a Kong like moment with the head.

You know, some IP just don’t translate well to ride experiences IMO. I think F&F is one of those IPs.

You know, some IP just don’t translate well to ride experiences IMO. I think F&F is one of those IPs.

F&F can and would be able to translate well to multiple ride forms.

Be that a PowCoaster like what DynamicAttractions has, to a proper BTTF style simulator, or even a scoop ride with simulated speeds on a level closer to Transformers, but with practical effects included.

F&F can and would be able to translate well to multiple ride forms.

Be that a PowCoaster like what DynamicAttractions has, to a proper BTTF style simulator, or even a scoop ride with simulated speeds on a level closer to Transformers, but with practical effects included.

Yes to the PowCoaster or the scoop ride. So much could be done to make this ride truly fast and furious. Not as big on a simulator but that would be an improvement.

Yes to the PowCoaster or the scoop ride. So much could be done to make this ride truly fast and furious. Not as big on a simulator but that would be an improvement.

The scoop feels completely natural for F&F. Theme it to Hobb's truck from the films, have it be simulating the feeling of traversing through narrow San Francisco streets with simulated speed, wind-tunnels, and vehicles alongside you; and that could be a genuine win. They don't even need to gut the queue, just the main load/unload, and all the ride scenes.

1633658201642.png

Something this this, feels incredibly natural for the Scoop.

Last edited:
I'd say nix the fast and furious...add Scooby Doo. Just reskin the attraction and make the storyline fit the ride system. I mean, other than having the characters in the park there's no other representation. Plus there's going to be enough Potter represented in both parks with assumingly more to come at EU. Just be sure to leave the Amity bathrooms untouched. But that's just my two cents.

At least one original episode was set in San Francisco, and the show always gave off a vaguely California vibe (psychedelic van and all that). Re-theme the popcorn stand to Scooby, maybe add a Shaggy burger to Richters, but can pretty much maintain existing land (unlike with Potter).

Armchair imagineering now, but imagine turning the pre-show garage into a wax museum of the iconic first season villains. Selfie-friendly, and sort of a kid-friendly gateway to HHN. I know UOR owns the rights to the movies, not the cartoons, but I don't know WB planning on selling the rights to anyone else anytime soon, could only help to move more merch.

The scoop feels completely natural for F&F. Theme it to Hobb's truck from the films, have it be simulating the feeling of traversing through narrow San Francisco streets with simulated speed, wind-tunnels, and vehicles alongside you; and that could be a genuine win. They don't even need to gut the queue, just the main load/unload, and all the ride scenes.

View attachment 15404

Something this this, feels incredibly natural for the Scoop.

Yes, the way that a scoop can rear back and pitch forward simulates acceleration and braking and the other motions are perfect for "drifting". The story could be as easy as trying to transport someone or something to the good guys but the villains find out and begin chasing you. The chases could go through buildings and involve near misses, explosions, and being spun out by being hit from behind. The physical sets would be easy enough and screen use limited to character interactions or explosions. The new Jurassic Park ride in Beijing provides a great template for this. See if you can submit this to Universal Creative. I'm sure that they won't mind and will undoubtedly take it to heart.

Retheme Transformers to F&F and kill two birds with one stone?

With Beijing getting a full on TF land, I highly doubt any contracts with Hasbro are being lapsed anytime soon.

Yes, the way that a scoop can rear back and pitch forward simulates acceleration and braking and the other motions are perfect for "drifting". The story could be as easy as trying to transport someone or something to the good guys but the villains find out and begin chasing you. The chases could go through buildings and involve near misses, explosions, and being spun out by being hit from behind. The physical sets would be easy enough and screen use limited to character interactions or explosions. The new Jurassic Park ride in Beijing provides a great template for this. See if you can submit this to Universal Creative. I'm sure that they won't mind and will undoubtedly take it to heart.

It feels completely natural, especially if they try to make you actually feel like you are in San Francisco proper, and not just on the outskirts near places like Oakland.

Nobody yell at me, but I wouldn't hate a more intense version of Mario Kart just without the interactive elements

I feel like a lot of those simulated speed effects were cut because they caused motion sickness

However, with a more intense version you could simulate speed while working in more practical effects while at the same time using screen tunnels

My chosen mode of transportation would be the Power Coaster, essentially a giant slot car concept (think Test Track without the outdoor section and with simulated speed/practical special effects

TBH they really don't have to show the main cast they could simply just use sound bites from the current ride film

As well the pre-shows could be cut and The Rock's segment at the beginning of the ride could be used as the new pre-show

I imagine some of the queue space could possibly be incorporated into the ride part as well, since there is that outdoor section that's basically just empty space

IDK thinking out loud honestly

Nobody yell at me, but I wouldn't hate a more intense version of Mario Kart just without the interactive elements

I feel like a lot of those simulated speed effects were cut because they caused motion sickness

However, with a more intense version you could simulate speed while working in more practical effects while at the same time using screen tunnels

My chosen mode of transportation would be the Power Coaster, essentially a giant slot car concept (think Test Track without the outdoor section and with simulated speed/practical special effects

TBH they really don't have to show the main cast they could simply just use sound bites from the current ride film

As well the pre-shows could be cut and The Rock's segment at the beginning of the ride could be used as the new pre-show

I imagine some of the queue space could possibly be incorporated into the ride part as well, since there is that outdoor section that's basically just empty space

IDK thinking out loud honestly

Good ideas as well. My only reason for using the scoop vehicle was that it fits the space better without any need to expand.

Really? I think it's one of the easiest. Do you know how many people would be happy with some coaster with light theming called Fast & Furious Supercharged?

I think a coaster is about the best thing you could do.

I’m speaking more about fully realized environments, story driven attractions.

Really? I think it's one of the easiest. Do you know how many people would be happy with some coaster with light theming called Fast & Furious Supercharged?

Yeah, Velocicoaster could've just as easily been F&F themed.

I firmly believe that Mario Kart, however, is impossible to make an attraction out of which will satisfy die-hard theme park fans, purely because a Test Track type of ride would've had the same people bashing it for its speed bashing it for not riding alongside characters and collecting things.