The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Food for thought, would they desire to keep the same trackless system used in the fix, or could they scrap the ride show scenes with the trackless system included for something using a new system?

With JWA, I almost wonder what they could do with the Scoops on a dark ride style with an emphasis on layered screens and limited practical effects, like cars on carousel tracks.

Food for thought, would they desire to keep the same trackless system used in the fix, or could they scrap the ride show scenes with the trackless system included for something using a new system?

With JWA, I almost wonder what they could do with the Scoops on a dark ride style with an emphasis on layered screens and limited practical effects, like cars on carousel tracks.
Oh, yes yes yes. With a giant Vin Diesel chasing you

A 'good' fix would be a big plus for the park. Even if it just inches it up to an 'average'' ride, that would be a nice improvement. Right now it's a blackhole in the park, taking a ton of space up in a park that needs more balance.
It doesn't have to be great, just mildly entertaining and enjoyable.

A 'good' fix would be a big plus for the park. Even if it just inches it up to an 'average'' ride, that would be a nice improvement. Right now it's a blackhole in the park, taking a ton of space up in a park that needs more balance.
It doesn't have to be great, just mildly entertaining and enjoyable.
The interesting thing is though, if (big if), the ride really is rethemed to something like the Knight Bus, we'd have to see some pretty heavy retheming to the San Fran land. That's not a quick cosmetic change.

The interesting thing is though, if (big if), the ride really is rethemed to something like the Knight Bus, we'd have to see some pretty heavy retheming to the San Fran land. That's not a quick cosmetic change.
I'd love to see that, but my feeling is that they're not prepared to budget that kind of money. But, if Fear Factor truly becomes Potter, a potential Knights Bus could translate into a huge Potter land, and worthy of
attracting lots of new attendance. So, if I was in charge of Universal, I'd do it. Potter prints money.... Though I'll be happy with just about anything that I could enjoy , even if it's just an average attraction.

Last edited:
I'd love to see that, but my feeling is that they're not prepared to budget that kind of money. But, if Fear Factor truly becomes Potter, a potential Knights Bus could translate into a huge Potter land, and worthy of
attracting lots of new attendance. So, if I was in charge of Universal, I'd do it. Potter prints money.... Though I'll be happy with just about anything that I could enjoy , even if it's just an average attraction.

If there's one project that Universal wouldn't care about expenses for, it's anything Potter.

With that said, I would be very surprised to see FFL and F&F be replaced by Potter. That's 25% of the land size of USF. I think Universal made a decision of bringing over the EU attraction instead of the Knight Bus concept.

That's a lot of infrastructure to change. Richter and Lombard's would have to change, Bruce has to move, etc.

With that said, if they do end up doing this... there's no need for Potter at Epic Universe.

I don't think any potential "fix" to Supercharged would involve it staying F&F themed though.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I don't think any potential "fix" to Supercharged would involve it staying F&F themed though.
No prob with me. I'm no F&F fan. ...You have a good point. I don't think F&F fans would be happy with anything that didn't recreate a
'high speed' chase sensation, namely coaster type or Test Track type ride. Just a 'fix', without changing the ride system drastically,
would have difficulty doing that.

Reactions: SeventyOne
No prob with me. I'm no F&F fan. ...You have a good point. I don't think F&F fans would be happy with anything that didn't recreate a
'high speed' chase sensation, namely coaster type or Test Track type ride.
I also think, from a practical standpoint, I don't think there's a way to market it. "Hey, remember that F&F ride that stunk on ice? Well now it's a slightly different F&F ride, we swear it doesn't stink this time!"

I also think, from a practical standpoint, I don't think there's a way to market it. "Hey, remember that F&F ride that stunk on ice? Well now it's a slightly different F&F ride, we swear it doesn't stink this time!"
Yes, the F&F franchise is tarnished from a park ride perspective, for a while at least

Mostly because they never brought us Spookycharged or Jinglecharged.

What about the Emmy Award Winning version, Drewpercharged? Where it has Vin Diesel singing singing in the rain as acid rain falls down right around him?

While I do think that's a more realistic, I would rather not want Potter to dominate a full quarter of a park like USF (even if it meant EU not having Potter). I'd take anything other than more Potter outside of PotterVR.

Yes, the F&F franchise is tarnished from a park ride perspective, for a while at least

Eh. I think if they built a F&F ride that actually went fast it would be a homerun.

While I do think that's a more realistic, I would rather not want Potter to dominate a full quarter of a park like USF (even if it meant EU not having Potter). I'd take anything other than more Potter outside of PotterVR.

Universal probably disagrees haha

Reactions: Mad Dog
Potter will go into Epic to support and spur attendance. An Potter expansion at USF, no matter the size, will not deter that....Never
underestimate the power of Ka Ching, Ka Ching, :)

It is just wild this area of the park I used to spend maybe the most in as a kid, and the 1 trip I went here (grantee, 1 day during HHN), I only went to go on and laugh at it, got a beer at Alcatraz but just didn’t love what is here obviously. Still a great area of the park, but it’s sad I feel if I was there for even a week it’s becoming a grab a beer and walk thru area rather than having at least 1 attraction to support it.

I'd say nix the fast and furious...add Scooby Doo. Just reskin the attraction and make the storyline fit the ride system. I mean, other than having the characters in the park there's no other representation. Plus there's going to be enough Potter represented in both parks with assumingly more to come at EU. Just be sure to leave the Amity bathrooms untouched. But that's just my two cents.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts