The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What I was referring to is blue sky. It would completely mean razing the entire existing attraction to the ground and not reusing anything. It's what the area needs and what the paying passholder and day guests deserve.

If they wanted to do Pets, they could do it without the loss of the Supercharged building, nor removing a singular attraction (In-Between Supercharged and Mummy, replace Louies and move some of the backstage buildings right there and you'd have a plot similar to that of Pets Hollywood). But that should be a discussion for a different thread.

With The Bourne Stuntacular proving something important, practical car moving alongside screen = win. I think the 360 Arena, would benefit honestly from that of practical cars rising up and down the sides, as if they're exiting off of freeway ramps and driving alongside the cars. Simulate the sense of speed by having the cars alongside you and in the process, their wheels moving at fast rates to match that of the digital film.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
F&F deserve a ride, a ride that is actually fast and furios, because it's a successful movie ip for Universal. But don't polish a turd because no mater what you do this ride will still be a turd.
So here is my take on what to do with the area that isn't small but also not too big. It's going to be a Spider-man clone (I know Transformers is there already) but with more real sets enhanced with 3D screens. The vehicles are themed to a 1968 Cadillac Fleetwood as we talk about the Blues Brothers. Our (deepfaked) due is on another mission from god in San Francisco to get to a concert where they play to raise money for a good cause. But they are in trouble as they got in with the wrong kind of people and now they are chased trough the city, crashing into a convenient store and spinning out of controle while getting away. Of course every traffic regulation is violated so the police gets into the mix. It will end as we arrive at the concert.
Now we can close Transformers (I hate that ride) and put Secret life of pets in there.

Using the Backlot Stunt Coaster as a guide, I would go for a launched/powered coaster with the trains themed as some of the familiar race cars from the movie. The theme could be racing, along with avoiding the police, and some slow powered coaster scenes where we see bad guys at work. It would start fast as a race, transition to slow dark ride to establish the bad guys, and then back to higher speeds to avoid being caught and then arriving for a post-race party.

Reactions: shiekra38
Using the Backlot Stunt Coaster as a guide I would go for a launched/powered coaster with the trains themed as some of the familiar race cars from the movie.
That would have been a great direction to go in from the beginning of this. Now you have IOA getting Hagrids and Velocicoaster while USF got Fallon and a closed down bus ride. I think they have to do something extreme or there will be no reason to buy a ticket to USF over IOA

Reactions: TheWalkingDad
That would have been a great direction to go in from the beginning of this. Now you have IOA getting Hagrids and Velocicoaster while USF got Fallon and a closed down bus ride. I think they have to do something extreme or there will be no reason to buy a ticket to USF over IOA
Personally, I would like something at USF like Hyperion or something that at least has inversions

In terms of line-up it seems they view IOA as their 'high thrill coaster park' though

Another coaster, right after Hagrid & JP coaster. I would doubt it. Gotta differentiate attraction types to keep them coming. Witness the too many screen simulator issues.
In my experience, Universal has always had "too many" or "too much" something according to people (not GP btw)

Ironically, people were b*tching about Universal having too many exposed coasters after Rockit was built

In my experience, Universal has always had "too many" or "too much" something according to people (not GP btw)

Ironically, people were b*tching about Universal having too many exposed coasters after Rockit was built
Yes, I recall that. I'm thinking/guessing they finally learned their lesson about not diversifying new attractions. .Too much of the same becomes mundane, no matter the quality.

Reactions: Coolbfitz

The problem isn't just having "too much" or "too little" of something. Every theme or amusement park has too much or too little of something.

The problem is that Universal finds a ride type they like, and then builds it repetitively with little variation in between.

They redid Spiderman in 2012, and copied the ride system for Transformers in 2013.
The built Kong in 2016, and copied the ride system for F&F in 2018.
Before and between those, they opened two other screenz simulators - Minions and Fallon.
More recently in IOA, they rebuilt a big outdoor launch coaster in Hulk, and then started on two more large outdoor launch coasters: Hagrid's and Velocicoaster.

Where are the big physical dark rides? The boat/water rides? The flat rides?

They just don't need another big launched coaster right now.

The problem isn't just having "too much" or "too little" of something. Every theme or amusement park has too much or too little of something.

More recently in IOA, they rebuilt a big outdoor launch coaster in Hulk, and then started on two more large outdoor launch coasters: Hagrid's and Velocicoaster.
Universal took 2 barely themed (quite simular) coaster away (dualing dragons) and replaced it with a highly themed story telling family coaster and a 2021 thrill coaster with a ton of theming.
You can whine all you want but I think the replacements are excellent. There was no number of coasters added or detracted but the end result is stellar.

Reactions: RevFreako

The problem is that Universal finds a ride type they like, and then builds it repetitively with little variation in between.

They redid Spiderman in 2012, and copied the ride system for Transformers in 2013.
Before and between those, they opened two other screenz simulators - Minions and Fallon.

We weren't supposed to get Transformers (The 2-story design was to fit it into space in Hollywood). Supposedly HP made so much money it required them to make a rapid decision on where to spend it or spend in taxes. We do know the decision was literally last minute because the site was going to be a house for HHN and was yanked out literally 2 days before demolition started

As a theme park fan I agree, but from a operations and business perspective, all but Fast and Furious are popular. Just even Minions and Fallon, one of which gets consistently long lines, the other of which (at least according to insiders on the forum) has surprisingly high GSATs.

Surprised this hasn't been brought up, but a certain Marni is hearing that if the attraction is coming back--that the time it'd even have may be short.
Well that's exciting, but, things are very much in flux (now more than ever)

So I won't be surprised if this pulls a FFL for a few years

Surprised this hasn't been brought up, but a certain Marni is hearing that if the attraction is coming back--that the time it'd even have may be short.

BTW, this is what Martin said earlier this evening about F&F over on MAGIC.

"If (a big if) it comes back it will be on borrowed time.

Has been for a while actually. It’s been a cluster."

Ah! My mistake--didn't quite catch that.
Well that's exciting, but, things are very much in flux (now more than ever)

So I won't be surprised if this pulls a FFL for a few years

I mean--would they leave a showbuilding for a ride completely to it's own? A show venue I could get, as that can be used for matters beyond a simple daytime show (flex space~); but I would be hard pressed if they'd leave the Supercharged showbuilding be.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Ah! My mistake--didn't quite catch that.

I mean--would they leave a showbuilding for a ride completely to it's own? A show venue I could get, as that can be used for matters beyond a simple daytime show (flex space~); but I would be hard pressed if they'd leave the Supercharged showbuilding be.
No it would be open...and much like Twister stay at a consistent 10 minute wait until it was finally gutted.

They need it open for capacity sake (if crowds rebound in the next few years)

Considering UC is racked with layoffs I'd be surprised if anything happens to F&F besides "reopens the same".
With the state of the world, I can’t see UC taking on new projects right now. I especially don’t see that new project as a re-do of an existing ride