The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But you can get the same Wonka candy in any store across the country , everyone has had a wonka bar by now if they really wanted one .

WWOHP candy is more park specific, I know our first visit we had to buy a chocolate frog, chocolate wand, peppermint toads and 5-6 Cauldron cakes one a day for my daughter .lol
You could also buy Chocolate Frogs, Bertie Botts, and many other Potter-based candy prior to TWWOHP opened.

That would be a better idea IMO but still soooo far away from the current theming of Lost Continent...to do that they would literally have to demolish everything and start entirely from scratch. First off, that sucks considering how great the theming of LC is. Second, why would they go through with all of that? I would think they would at least want to retheme LC to something that remotely fits into the current infrastructure. Dahl Land (and Wonka World for that matter) would be better off in Toon Lagoon where an overlay would be a lot simpler.

I'm with you in hoping that they 'fix' up LC rather than replace it, but the talk of an exclusive Wonka land just doesn't make sense to me. There clearly isn't enough of a universe and/or lore to fill an entire land. A Dahl land makes more sense, whether it replaces LC or Toon Lagoon.

I'm with you in hoping that they 'fix' up LC rather than replace it, but the talk of an exclusive Wonka land just doesn't make sense to me. There clearly isn't enough of a universe and/or lore to fill an entire land. A Dahl land makes more sense, whether it replaces LC or Toon Lagoon.

As DH described it, the land seems like it might have more of a "pavilion" structure with quite a bit happening inside the factory. I'm a sucker for that type of design, and I think that could be the perfect size for something Wonka related.

LC isn't the biggest space anyway, and don't forget that the new entry plaza to Hogsmeade is going to take up some space. It's also possible that UC might want to push Suess further out in the future.

I think it's premature to say there isn't enough UC can do with Wonka to justify the footprint. We don't even know what the footprint would be.

You could also buy Chocolate Frogs, Bertie Botts, and many other Potter-based candy prior to TWWOHP opened.

I never realized you could I knew of Bertie Botts but not the others I'm not a big sweet fan were/are they as readily available as the Wonka candies ?

The could have a "der Inventing Room" candy shop --- I really really would like to buy a everlasting gobstopper right out of the Gene Wilder version of the gobstopper machine noises, movement and all. They could even come out on a conveyor belt just like in the movie.

Butterscotch . . . butter gin . . . you've
got something going on inside of here?

Ah yes. I know I've always wanted to explore an impoverished English village :lol:
This.

With the sheer size of the Lost Continent, it's hard to have just the factory occupying the entire land single-handedly though. I support the idea and think there's lots of potential, however how big can the factory be? As big as Hogwarts, if not bigger? I envision the factory occupying the Greek area of the LC. While the Arabian area is perhaps transformed into something else. Loopa Land perhaps?...

As DH described it, the land seems like it might have more of a "pavilion" structure with quite a bit happening inside the factory. I'm a sucker for that type of design, and I think that could be the perfect size for something Wonka related.

LC isn't the biggest space anyway, and don't forget that the new entry plaza to Hogsmeade is going to take up some space. It's also possible that UC might want to push Suess further out in the future.

I think it's premature to say there isn't enough UC can do with Wonka to justify the footprint. We don't even know what the footprint would be.

I could see 80% of LC going to Wonka while the extra 20% could be for Seuss so that they can turn it into a kiddie land on par with Fantasyland! And I do like how it is apparently planned to be an Epcot-style pavilion - maybe it'll show that Universal can do EPCOT better than TDO this days :lol:

Agreed!

Haven't really looked at this thread, but I spent quite a bit of time in Lost Continent this week. Sinbad is worse than I remember, the Mystic Fountain is great. Guests and kids love it. I probably watched it for a solid 30 minutes while Potter was down. Poseidon's Fury is really good up until the finale.