The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I just thought that I should add that The Glass Elevator E Ticket wouldn't be a drop/ToT type of ride. It would be more soarin'-esque.

Soarin' esque :bonk: I wanted the ToT style one with a stimulated "crash" through the roof but I understand Universal wants to make more family-friendly E-tickets for now on

The only thing I think could be worthy of replacing Lost Continent would be Middle Earth; the reason I say that is because it could more easily be incorporated into the current rocky design, and so the general appearance could be left mostly intact (and Mythos could be saved from getting bulldozed, as it would probably be if the dorky Wonka idea comes to fruition)...

I would imagine the crashing through the roof would still be included. Just no big drop.

I see it, more about flying over the town than the launch. They can still make the launch portion somewhat realistic, however not quite as thrilling as ToT.

I see it, more about flying over the town than the launch. They can still make the launch portion somewhat realistic, however not quite as thrilling as ToT.

Flying over the town from Willy Wonka? That would be exciting......

Seriously even though Im not a fan of this idea, Id imagine the glass elevator ride would be inspired by the Depp film, with the bulk of the ride taking place within the factory (remember when they went to the firework room and whatnot and could travel in all those wonky directions)...then the clinax of the ride would be crashing through the roof. That would make most sense to me.

Just to drop this out there...I wouldn't be surprised if LC gets pushed up the priority list for some major TLC/overhaul work given some, ah...structural issues. The water god's temple is quite literally falling apart and having some real flooding/water issues as of late, and the upcoming refurb of Sindbad is also sorely needed in terms of structural work. It seems that past neglect is going to push this to the front faster than they intended.

Just to drop this out there...I wouldn't be surprised if LC gets pushed up the priority list for some major TLC/overhaul work given some, ah...structural issues. The water god's temple is quite literally falling apart and having some real flooding/water issues as of late, and the upcoming refurb of Sindbad is also sorely needed in terms of structural work. It seems that past neglect is going to push this to the front faster than they intended.

Interesting. I know they did corrosion mitigation work at Poseidon this year. I guess what they found wasn't good.

If that's the case, I really hope they keep LC and upgrade Poseidon. I think it'd be a shame to get rid of it.

The latest bits falling from above don't have to do with corrosion (the more I think about it in light of the issues they've had with the London waterfront wall...), and the water issues have been very recent as well. I know about the work earlier this year, and yeah, it was not pretty at all. The recent water issues make me think they're still not truly aware of the scope of the issue(s).

I want them to keep the Poseidon show system/concept as well, because it is really quite interesting and unique, they just need the original (better) story back. I'm concerned that the kind of issues they're having with the water systems specifically are going to do it in, though, and kill any chance of major, indoor water effects and show systems.

What I think would be great is if they just ripped out the Arabian area and made it all greek mythology themed. SindBAD could get made into a new stunt show, or become a new ride. There's a bunch of stuff in greek mythology to draw from for a ride (Hades, Medusa, Pegasuses, etc.)

Poseidon's fury is the worst attraction and a massive waste of space that could be used for something interesting. Blow the thing up.

Reactions: StarTrekGeek
Sindbad just needs a complete rewrite. The only "show" I watched for less time was the story telling thing in the back corner of Seuss. A bunch of the lines are just painfully bad, and the story has no real flow or pace. Some of the actors are actually great actors, but there's only so much bad writing that talent can compensate for.

Poseidon's fury is the worst attraction

shakinghead_zpsca7dccc3.gif

The technology used in that attraction when it opened was really innovative. It's just, all they've really changed in there since it opened was the film.

The technology used in that attraction when it opened was really innovative. It's just, all they've really changed in there since it opened was the film.

They changed a hell of a lot more than the film! The pace, the flow, the grand (and unexpected/unforeseen end illusion.)

As far as Sinbad is concerned, I enjoy it. Regarding the script and actors, it is supposed to be really slapstick and corny and hackneyed. Last I saw it, the majority of the audience laughed at the lame jokes and the 6-14 yos were in awe of the stunts and effects.