The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 110 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Especially if it is just something temporary, then once Epic Universe is open they can build a proper Legend of Zelda land.
Maybe I said it here, or somewhere, idk

I'm not convinced Zelda will get its own land ever

A walkthrough or boat ride is honestly more than I'm expecting

Keeping LC as LC, retheming Poseidon to Zelda and possibly adding another IP in Sindbad would honestly not be terribly disappointing

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Maybe I said it here, or somewhere, idk

I'm not convinced Zelda will get its own land ever

A walkthrough or boat ride is honestly more than I'm expecting

Keeping LC as LC, retheming Poseidon to Zelda and possibly adding another IP in Sindbad would honestly not be terribly disappointing
Lost Continent lost all of Merlinwood to Hogsmeade, and some of the Bazaar to the train... it is already no longer a full "land" anyway.

Lost Continent lost all of Merlinwood to Hogsmeade, and some of the Bazaar to the train... it is already no longer a full "land" anyway.
It's decently sized as it is now, with two attractions, mythos, fire eaters, and the fountain it feels just fine calling it a land IMO

Reactions: Nick
Rix was just livestreaming with walls up around Poseidon
Sooo, did we kill Minions walk through in favor of temporary Zelda walkthrough? Did they realize they could start on this one sooner and not have to wait until Shrek HHN house was done instead?

If this is Zelda, is it not only a stopgap attraction, just to give next year something—but also, could it be a way to test the waters on whether or not it's worth building an entire new large scale ride for Zelda down the line?

I will say this, when I reported on the Minions thing, I did say it wasn't yet a done deal, not like the Potter VR for 2023, which seems pretty solid.

Sooo, did we kill Minions walk through in favor of temporary Zelda walkthrough? Did they realize they could start on this one sooner and not have to wait until Shrek HHN house was done instead?

If this is Zelda, is it not only a stopgap attraction, just to give next year something—but also, could it be a way to test the waters on whether or not it's worth building an entire new large scale ride for Zelda down the line?

I will say this, when I reported on the Minions thing, I did say it wasn't yet a done deal, not like the Potter VR for 2023, which seems pretty solid.

To possibly piggyback; perhaps the overhaul of the area could be something that would allow for upgrades to the technology and effects that have been needed. Especially if it becomes as technologically advanced as Bourne's.

They could even tie it into BoTW2, with perhaps a new divine beast featured exclusively for the attraction.

To possibly piggyback; perhaps the overhaul of the area could be something that would allow for upgrades to the technology and effects that have been needed. Especially if it becomes as technologically advanced as Bourne's.

They could even tie it into BoTW2, with perhaps a new divine beast featured exclusively for the attraction.
If this is a walkthrough destined to open in 2022, I'm not holding my breath for much tbh.

If this is a walkthrough destined to open in 2022, I'm not holding my breath for much tbh.

And you can be right! But I look at examples of when it takes nearly a year to overhaul things; and I am often reminded of how much a difference Shrek 4D and DreamWorks Theater is for Hollywood.

Just having it technologically stepped up.

Reactions: tielo
I am so unsure how I feel about this....... I desperately want Zelda, but not like this!

A walkthrough is totally fine but I feel like to be something special they’d need more time. Hm.

Reactions: therock
Or it’s a refurb
I demand one more meeting with Darkenon.

I sincerely hope it’s just an extensive refurb to now give the exterior some love. The last time I went and it was open it was too close to park close and they wouldn’t let us in for the final tour of the night (understandable) but to lose that final sequence to Zelda would have me gutted to say the least.

That too. I think external refurb is most likely but I don't have any info on this. "Walkthrough layover" doesn't sit well with me for a Nintendo property. Universal hasn't re-used anything since Minions.
I just don’t feel Nintendo would sign off. I can see Nintendo signing off on a walkthrough and Stunt show, essentially replacing LC entirely with nothing overly new. This just doesn’t seem like it’s Zelda to me, but, if it is, maybe it’ll be good?