Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

Universal debuted completely revamped guide maps today (sidebar: they're pretty generic and uninteresting), and Poseidon's Fury is still listed as an attraction.

I'd assume if they had no plans to bring it back (and in the semi-near future), it would not have been listed.
The flame of Poseidon's Fury burns eternal.

Last edited:
Poseidon's Fury is always going to get solid traffic given the impressiveness of its facade. Brought a first-timer over the weekend and they asked about going inside and what attraction was in there. Again, I think it will be back as soon as all distancing protocols are fully dropped.

Add me to the chorus requesting they drop the awful upbeat pop music in the Lost City area, though. Tonally incoherent and messes with what's otherwise one of the most calming and atmospheric areas of either park. We've got the Dreamworks Destination now, so all of those characters appear to have moved there - all I saw were Mardi Gras-style mermaids, sirens, and sea creatures, all of whom could interact with guests using the intended OST.

We were there this whole last week. On Monday and Tuesday they still had the upbeat loop and we even saw king Julian doing one of the dance meet n greets. However, Wed, Thur, and Fri each time we passed through they had the old correct lost city loop playing!! Hopefully it’s back for good! Also count me as one of the people who hopes PF comes back. In addition to being enjoyable it is a good way to get out of the sun in park that has many outdoor attractions.

I feel one of the themes missing from the IOA islands lineup is space/ Sci-Fi. A few years back there were rumblings about Universal acquiring the rights to Star Trek. I‘m not a trecky, and obviously it’s not exactly a hot property right now, but it is known. Like, the general public know a brief summary of the story and types of aliens. Things like The Enterprise, Star Fleet, Vulcans, Klingons are generally cemented in the public’s subconscious. What if they built a Star Fleet Academy campus. It could take place during the very early years of human star exploration, and relations with species like the Vulcan. Heck, the Star Fleet are still in dry dock being constructed. As you tour the new Academy, you learn about the new alien species humans have come into contact with. You learn that a hostile race known as the Klingon are amassing an armada of ships in neutral territory. They are unaware that their location has been uncovered, and the guests/ new recruits are sent on a reconnaissance mission to find out what they are up to. Turns out, they plan on ordering a surprise Pearl Harbor attack on Star Fleet, destroying all of the vessels still under construction. That’s when they become aware of your presence. This ride could be like an indoor coaster with show scenes similar to Gringotts, The Mummy or what sounds like Guardians of the Galaxy. A dark ride coaster with more coaster segments than Gringotts, but scenes to keep the narrative going. Anyway, just a Sunday daydream. It’s just good IPs are starting to get a bit thin for the picking. Star Trek isn’t Star Wars, but look what Disney has done to that once hot franchise. Popular franchises can suffer from poor handling and execution, theme parks included (ROTR not withstanding). On the flip side, not so hot properties can become a home run if handled correctly. Ok..ramble over.

Last edited:
Switching to not mobile order is helping, as now at least after waiting in line at the entrance, you get your food when you sit down. Before you would wait to be seated and then wait AGAIN for your food.

It’s definitely improving every week as they staff up for sure too.
Good. My exact suggestion in park surveys when we were there. Probably a ton of people said the same when surveyed at the park. That was a mess. No more dining plans should help a lot too. Over the years, those almost always held up lines as the
family tried to figure out what they could, or could not, order. Seems they rarely made their decisions before it was their turn to order.

Mobile Ordering is like virtual queue......it makes me angry
Exactly. Slows the whole process down. And, they were still pushing it, big time, through the parks in mid June. I'm glad someone in management, when they saw those food lines taking longer than E ticket ride lines, came
to their senses. Sometimes management falls in love with high tech too much. It's often a longer, and more fumbled, process than the old tried and true line methods and currency/credit card payments.

Exactly. Slows the whole process down. And, they were still pushing it, big time, through the parks in mid June. I'm glad someone in management, when they saw those food lines taking longer than E ticket ride lines, came
to their senses. Sometimes management falls in love with high tech too much. It's often a longer, and more fumbled, process than the old tried and true line methods and currency/credit card payments.
I think it was worth a try, I see it working better at regional parks tbh (ironically SeaWorld is trying it now)...Disney and Universal are different animals