The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I still think the supposed Pokémon Snap concept would've been the best idea to go with if they want to do an interactive ride, but I'm still willing to give this a chance. I just hope if it's true that this ride uses arm gestures, that it doesn't ask of you to move them repeatedly like in Web-Slingers.

I still think the supposed Pokémon Snap concept would've been the best idea to go with if they want to do an interactive ride, but I'm still willing to give this a chance. I just hope if it's true that this ride uses arm gestures, that it doesn't ask of you to move them repeatedly like in Web-Slingers.
Agreed

I would have done Snap and then a Raid battle instead of a ride. I feel like we don't need a battle ride over just a a show building that people come in to fight legendary Pokemon

Reactions: mccgavin
I don’t have a personal stake in it as I stopped playing years ago when my dog chewed up my copy of Diamond with nearly every Pokémon caught. Just pointing out the facts lol
media_franchises.png

Also I didn’t mean for it to come off as argumentative if that’s how anyone took it.

Last edited:
I don’t have a personal stake in it as I stopped playing years ago when my dog chewed up my copy of Diamond with nearly every Pokémon caught. Just pointing out the facts lol

Also I didn’t mean for it to come off as argumentative if that’s how anyone took it.
no no, I'm just making a stupid joke.

I stopped trying to keep up with Pokemon as soon as Silver and Gold dropped, but I still enjoy going back and playing Red now and again. Even without an attraction, the Pokemon stuff (food/merch/parade) in Osaka is awesome. I'd love to see any of that come to the States.

Reactions: Nico and Mike S
But I have to imagine, hearing rumors for a half dozen Pokemon attraction concepts over the last 6 years, that the main one is gonna have to be highly interactive. Definitely feels like the direction planning was moving in. Just like SNW's Mario Kart.
okay-i-see.gif

I just hope if it's true that this ride uses arm gestures, that it doesn't ask of you to move them repeatedly like in Web-Slingers.
Having recently been on it in the last few months, WEB Slingers completely turned me off on anything requiring the guest to gesture with their arms.

Th
media_franchises.png

This is actually crazy. #1 by a pretty wide margin too

Reactions: Mike S
And for fun just look at it compared to other “big franchises” used by Universal. It makes them look like child’s play and it’s only been around since 1996.

This is definitely going to have lines to CityWalk like Potter did if executed correctly.
I definitely see this being the case. Having 2 IPs of that level in the same park is going to be something special.

Bit of a mistake IMO.

Epic will have the mystique and allure of being a whole new park. The first big expansions post Epic should be at USF and IoA. Sure build the Great Hall but I think Zelda should come before Luigi.
I agree. I am OK with Studios getting stuff, it needs stuff. But IOA needs more capacity. I think IOA and Studios should get the next 2 and push back Epic new stuff.

While I'm not a fan of Zelda being delayed, I think Pokemon is needed desperately, even with DreamWorks and the USF nighttime package coming online.

IOA, with all of its faults, has taken reign over the resort and it is creating an unbalanced effect in the resort.
IOA takes Reign, but it needs to get back capacity. Having a shuttered land just doesn't look good either.

As for merchandise, of course Pokemon is top. The cards alone is a money maker. Stores can't keep them in stock half the time. It isn't always the other merchandise, you see less of that and my kids care less about it. They want shirts, 1 or 2 plushies, and the cards and things to carry the cards in.

Love the Simpsons. Love The Simpsons Ride. Love Springfield. Love the vibe of the whole land. But, it just doesn't seem worth maintaining an attraction with a 33-year-old ride system and I understand that Simpsons is on a giant plot of land. I just would've preferred that Universal tackled FFL before touching anything else.

I'm also a big Pokémon fan. How the F&B options will compare to something like the Simpsons is beyond me, but I'm sure whatever they come up with will suffice.

Bit of a mistake IMO.

Epic will have the mystique and allure of being a whole new park. The first big expansions post Epic should be at USF and IoA. Sure build the Great Hall but I think Zelda should come before Luigi.

Epic Universe receiving two expansions is kinda ridiculous to me when USF is over here struggling to add good attractions.

Fallon (2017) - fun ride, but it seems many don't like it
Supercharged (2018) - sucks lol
Bourne (2020) - actually great
Villain-Con (2023) - fun, but not amazing
DreamWorks Land (2024) - TBD

Imo, Great Hall and Luigi's Mansion shouldn't be coming before Zelda and possibly Pokémon. IOA and especially USF should be the focus after Epic Universe opens. An entire island staying shuttered is mind-blowingly crazy to me. There's also TL Theater, but who knows what the deal is there lol. USF's got FFL and Supercharged that need to be reevaluated. HRRR is getting up there in age too.

Maybe Pokémon will be enough to balance out the three parks, with the new park receiving two new expansions around the same time! My gut is telling me no, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Love the Simpsons. Love The Simpsons Ride. Love Springfield. Love the vibe of the whole land. But, it just doesn't seem worth maintaining an attraction with a 33-year-old ride system and I understand that Simpsons is on a giant plot of land. I just would've preferred that Universal tackled FFL before touching anything else.

I'm also a big Pokémon fan. How the F&B options will compare to something like the Simpsons is beyond me, but I'm sure whatever they come up with will suffice.

Epic Universe receiving two expansions is kinda ridiculous to me when USF is over here struggling to add good attractions.

Imo, Great Hall and Luigi's Mansion shouldn't be coming before Zelda and possibly Pokémon. IOA and especially USF should be the focus after Epic Universe opens. An entire island staying shuttered is mind-blowingly crazy to me. There's also TL Theater, but who knows what the deal is there lol. USF's got FFL and Supercharged that need to be reevaluated. HRRR is getting up there in age too.

Maybe Pokémon will be enough to balance out the three parks, with the new park receiving two new expansions around the same time! My gut is telling me no, but I'd love to be proven wrong.
Preaching to the choir.

Man, “interactive” and “AR” goes a tremendous way to killing my excitement. Pokémon (like Minions) is be crying out for an AA-heavy (they don’t need to be particularly sophisticated figures) dark ride. Theme park rides are far more akin to film then to video games - you’re just moving the viewer themself instead of the camera. There are all sorts of reasons meaningful interactivity and theme park rides are not particularly compatible. Uni as very fancy Dave & Busters is neither a satisfying or sustainable model.

The Zelda ride sounds very cool. They need to get moving immediately- I don’t see how they can possibly leave a full IOA land dormant, with no signs of construction, for much longer. It’s terrible show. It needs to take precedence.

One other question - will Animal Actors remain when the Pokémon change comes?

Man, “interactive” and “AR” goes a tremendous way to killing my excitement. Pokémon (like Minions) is be crying out for an AA-heavy (they don’t need to be particularly sophisticated figures) dark ride. Theme park rides are far more akin to film then to video games - you’re just moving the viewer themself instead of the camera. There are all sorts of reasons meaningful interactivity and theme park rides are not particularly compatible. Uni as very fancy Dave & Busters is neither a satisfying or sustainable model.

The Zelda ride sounds very cool. They need to get moving immediately- I don’t see how they can possibly leave a full IOA land dormant, with no signs of construction, for much longer. It’s terrible show. It needs to take precedence.

One other question - will Animal Actors remain when the Pokémon change comes?
It's a video game ride. Video games are interactive. It's not like the whole park is like this.

Reactions: IzzyB

I hear you, but you're saying this in a thread about USF getting a new land faster than initially anticipated lol. If Pokemon is 2027 for example, USF will have gotten, Fallon, F&F, Bourne, Villain-Con, Dreamworks Land, a new nighttime show, and Pokemon Land all in a decade. Whether it fits our personal taste or not, it's not like they're sitting on their hands.

FFL going finally is the dream (as was KidZone lol), but Simpsons' contract situation may have made it a larger priority. Hard to say without having the full details.

And I've been verbal about my disdain for F&F and Fallon, but Fallon gets good GSATs last I heard, so that makes F&F the only big whiff with actual guests in recent years.
If Mario Kart is anything to go off of, AR doesn't instantly equate to screenz. Mario Kart has a lot of practical sets and effects going on to the point where you really don't need the AR goggles.

It's kinda of ironic and sad that depsite islands having a land completely attraction less and yet Studios needs a new expansion more. I guess that goes to show you how lackluster most of Studios additions have been since Diagon