The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of The Simpsons Ride/Springfield (Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How much of the area behind Springfield and around the Sprung Tents is required to be there? How much could get moved elsewhere, especially with the new EU plot for potential office building space? If Krustyland/Coke Building/even MiB were fully demo'd, how much space would they have to expand into back there?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
How much of the area behind Springfield and around the Sprung Tents is required to be there? How much could get moved elsewhere, especially with the new EU plot for potential office building space? If Krustyland/Coke Building/even MiB were fully demo'd, how much space would they have to expand into back there?
I mentioned this in another thread, but just the MIB/FF plot by itself is about 5.5 acres (Springfield is a little under 3). I've seen rumors that some back-of-house stuff could be moved to EU, so that could very well open up even more additional space.

I mentioned this in another thread, but just the MIB/FF plot by itself is about 5.5 acres (Springfield is a little under 3). I've seen rumors that some back-of-house stuff could be moved to EU, so that could very well open up even more additional space.

There's no major Back of House stuff located behind Springfield, it's literally a mostly open plot with things that could be easily moved. The only problem would be the Animal Actors stuff and the HHN tents (that can be easily moved).

My gut is that if Springfield ends up going after the contract is up, it will become part of the Dreamworks land taking over KidZone.

My gut is that if Springfield ends up going after the contract is up, it will become part of the Dreamworks land taking over KidZone.
It is a very real possibility that something else successful pops up by then as well

Personally, I'm still in the boat of them moving Minions and doing a proper land here

I'm just saying, I would gladly sacrifice the Sprung Tents to get another Diagon-style land or two using that land behind Simpsons and the FF/MiB/Springfield plots.
I wonder if the future plan involves building HHN flex space "into" certain lands

It is a very real possibility that something else successful pops up by then as well

Personally, I'm still in the boat of them moving Minions and doing a proper land here
I would have said the same, but with Villain Con going in now - it might be difficult to move 2 attractions lol

Is there any reality where the contract is renewed but the ride is replaced? The simulators are definitely on borrowed time, I don’t see them lasting many more years. A Simpsons dark ride could be great, but it would require the contract to be renewed, which seems questionable right now.

Is there any reality where the contract is renewed but the ride is replaced? The simulators are definitely on borrowed time, I don’t see them lasting many more years. A Simpsons dark ride could be great, but it would require the contract to be renewed, which seems questionable right now.
I doubt they renew it. Universal wants to promote in house IP more now.

Simpsons makes a ton of money though, I’d renew it and give it a solid refurb to have it last another 5-10 years post 2028. There’s so many other things to focus on.
Why?

Dream works has 2 films out a year now, Nintendo is making movies through Universal, along with other IPS they want to push

I love the simpsons but when for "free" they have other successful IPs, why would you pay for more simpsons? I know many will point out Marvel but thats such a different beast.

Simpsons is popular but the MCU is on another level right now, so I assume that plus the fact the contract helps them block Disney from brings certain characters to Florida is why they keep marvel but Simpsons? They can make as much if not more money with other Ips and not be pushing something they will never own.

Just my two cents but I think simpsons are pretty much DOA after Nintendoland came in and made more money then any other land has since Potter

Reactions: tielo
Simpsons sells tons of merchandise, food and drinks. Regular run of the mill IP's often don't always deliver on that (see SLOP). and....Disney and other studios are back in the mode of aggressive licensing of their IP's.
Business is about making money. Don't sell Simpsons at Universal short. It's too early to write Simpson's off. They're still at the Mark Twain rumors of his death are slightly exaggerated, stage.

Why?

Dream works has 2 films out a year now, Nintendo is making movies through Universal, along with other IPS they want to push

I love the simpsons but when for "free" they have other successful IPs, why would you pay for more simpsons? I know many will point out Marvel but thats such a different beast.

Simpsons is popular but the MCU is on another level right now, so I assume that plus the fact the contract helps them block Disney from brings certain characters to Florida is why they keep marvel but Simpsons? They can make as much if not more money with other Ips and not be pushing something they will never own.

Just my two cents but I think simpsons are pretty much DOA after Nintendoland came in and made more money then any other land has since Potter
There is a chance Nintendo wipes out a lot of things but even after Hogsmeade, it took 4 years for Diagon Alley to arrive, so nothing will be instant. I just don’t think this closes till 2030 at the earliest

Why?

Pretty sure Nintendo still isn’t “free” for Uni since they’re licensing it right?

I’d also prefer something not based on a video game in Universal Studios. Every other Universal resort has no choice with one park in each, but there’s so much more space for Nintendo in Orlando without sacrificing what remains of USF’s thematic integrity. There’s space for Pokemon in EU and Islands could be a good spot for Zelda if it also doesn’t go to EU.

Pretty sure Nintendo still isn’t “free” for Uni since they’re licensing it right?

I’d also prefer something not based on a video game in Universal Studios. Every other Universal resort has no choice with one park in each, but there’s so much more space for Nintendo in Orlando without sacrificing what remains of USF’s thematic integrity. There’s space for Pokemon in EU and Islands could be a good spot for Zelda if it also doesn’t go to EU.
It's not free but thats why you see 100 dollar backpacks and 15 dollar drinks, the mark ups seem to be inluded in the price (also no discounts for merch even for CMS)

Also Nintendo and Universal are now partners, so while I know many on here dislike that agreement from rumors we have many...many Nintendo based movies coming therefor making them Universal themed. And While I don't know whats replacing Simpsons my point is, why would you boost an IP you dont own over the ones you make more money on or in someway profit from boosting.

I'm not even talking just Nintendo here, you have Dream works and future films coming so think the simpsons deal was made in a different era or the park and think it will change but we will find out in the nest few years

It's not free but thats why you see 100 dollar backpacks and 15 dollar drinks, the mark ups seem to be inluded in the price (also no discounts for merch even for CMS)

Also Nintendo and Universal are now partners, so while I know many on here dislike that agreement from rumors we have many...many Nintendo based movies coming therefor making them Universal themed. And While I don't know whats replacing Simpsons my point is, why would you boost an IP you dont own over the ones you make more money on or in someway profit from boosting.

I'm not even talking just Nintendo here, you have Dream works and future films coming so think the simpsons deal was made in a different era or the park and think it will change but we will find out in the nest few years
Same reason Marvel is boosted, popular property that does well with merch, and having a contract keeps it out of competitors hands. Simpsons probably does even better in food revenue than Marvel.

Nintendo and Dreamworks are coming and will do well no matter what, they don’t need the Springfield plot to push merch. If no licensing agreements existed, it wouldn’t make sense to push Simpsons off the shelves for just more Nintendo or Dreamworks.

Simpsons sells tons of merchandise, food and drinks. Regular run of the mill IP's often don't always deliver on that (see SLOP). and....Disney and other studios are back in the mode of aggressive licensing of their IP's.
Business is about making money. Don't sell Simpsons at Universal short. It's too early to write Simpson's off. They're still at the Mark Twain rumors of his death are slightly exaggerated, stage.
They can always rebrand the Simpsons food.