The Hat Coming Down | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

The Hat Coming Down

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thats the first I've ever heard anything of a ferris wheel.

Same here. Now THAT would be weird.

The Field Guide to Disney's Hollywood Studios has an artist rendering:

3225.dhs_2D00_guide_2D00_2_2D00_hat.jpg_2D00_500x0.jpg

Wow. I guess I should finally take that book down from the shelf and read it :lol:

I bought all their Field Guides. Interesting books. Learn some of the back story to each attraction. Doesn't go into full detail, but good enough for me.

I bought all their Field Guides. Interesting books. Learn some of the back story to each attraction. Doesn't go into full detail, but good enough for me.

I have them all, and I've read the rest. I bought the DHS earlier this year along with a bunch of other books, but being an engineering student caught up to me :lol:. Hopefully now that I'm done for the summer I can catch up on reading.

I have them all, and I've read the rest. I bought the DHS earlier this year along with a bunch of other books, but being an engineering student caught up to me :lol:. Hopefully now that I'm done for the summer I can catch up on reading.

LOL. Summer reading. DHS Field Guide is a must.

I think a lot of MGM..sorry old habit...needs to be redone. I liked the idea of making a larger Star Wars area..simialr to Harry Potter. Maybe a themed play area + restaurant. How cool would a Mos Eisley Cantina be? You could have animatronic Mos Eisley Band playing in the background...and other cool stuff like a sunken bar that featured different aliens.

Anyway...they need to update the Movie Ride for sure. I havent been to that park since Aerosmith opened, and it was old then. Muppets could use some TLC too.

Hey guys i was wondering about this how would you feel about a extended The Wizard of Oz segment?

How much more extended? There was supposed to be a section where you were picked up by a tornado and brought into Oz. That section is the cavern area where the projection of Fantasia is shown. Notice on the walls. There are designs of a cyclone. I read that the tornado affect was cancelled due to being too scary for people who actually live in states that are affected by tornadoes.

Other than that, I cannot come up with a way to extend the show scenes for Wizard of Oz.

I was thinking of us walking along the yellow brick road with Dorothy and the other main characters as we follow them till we get transported to the next movie.

I was thinking of us walking along the yellow brick road with Dorothy and the other main characters as we follow them till we get transported to the next movie.

I disagree with this because The Great Movie Ride is about each movie and emphasizing one over the other diminishes the other movies and therefore the entire ride. It would be like only having a longer outdoor portion of Test Track or just the drop part of TOT.

I disagree with this because The Great Movie Ride is about each movie and emphasizing one over the other diminishes the other movies and therefore the entire ride. It would be like only having a longer outdoor portion of Test Track or just the drop part of TOT.

I agree with you. We need more different movies. Not just more of what we have.

Oh, come on. The wand wasn't that bad. I . . . um . . . actually *cough* sorta liked it.

But, on topic, I don't mind the hat, but its placement makes everything look so cluttered and unorganized: exactly what Disney doesn't look like. But . . . now it does :look: And the fact that it's a pin station doesn't help, either. I really wish they had stuck with that one man's dream concept because it looks really cool, but, since it's kinda too late for that, just move the hat somewhere else. Like to an empty space by LMA, or on top of a soundstage, or (since Disney is obviously refusing to scrap it) the backlot tour. It could even go in front of the gates somewhere. It would make a cool entrance. Just somewhere - anywhere - else.

Oh, come on. The wand wasn't that bad. I . . . um . . . actually *cough* sorta liked it.

But, on topic, I don't mind the hat, but its placement makes everything look so cluttered and unorganized: exactly what Disney doesn't look like. But . . . now it does :look: And the fact that it's a pin station doesn't help, either. I really wish they had stuck with that one man's dream concept because it looks really cool, but, since it's kinda too late for that, just move the hat somewhere else. Like to an empty space by LMA, or on top of a soundstage, or (since Disney is obviously refusing to scrap it) the backlot tour. It could even go in front of the gates somewhere. It would make a cool entrance. Just somewhere - anywhere - else.

The wand was awesome for the millenium celebration, but should have been taken down immediately after.

As for the hat, I would love to see it out in front of the gates. Not necessarily right on top, since I love the way they currently look. But maybe make it right in next to the baggage check. Would be a great photo op.