The Icons and Lore Thread | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

The Icons and Lore Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The tour guides don't know a whole lot. As @Clive said, a lot of them are diehard fans, so it's best to take their comments with a grain of salt.

And if Oddfellow isn't a herald, then what's the point of the card lmao.

Reactions: Legacy
A question to those living or familiar with Japan; here’s two little fun hypothetical questions of mine:

1) if in another timeline, HHN was brought into Universal Japan like somewhere in the 2000s (instead of 2012) and took Orlando’s icons with them there, which Icons could have worked and not worked in that park’s event?

2) Would the Bloody Mary copyright not work in Japan and would they have theoretically been free to use her there? As a follow up to that; are there any very similar legends in Japan (like La Llorona in Spanish cultures) that they could have used instead (again, in a timeline where Japan’s HHN debuted in the 2000s)?

A question to those living or familiar with Japan; here’s two little fun hypothetical questions of mine:

1) if in another timeline, HHN was brought into Universal Japan like somewhere in the 2000s (instead of 2012) and took Orlando’s icons with them there, which Icons could have worked and not worked in that park’s event?
Well, to be fair, the first icon HHN Singapore had was The Director. of course he was minimally used like in Hollywood 2006. Jack has made 2 appearances at Singapore's event, but not as an icon of the event. He had a show & a house, also his 2nd time saw the updated 25th Anniversary Ringmaster outfit for continuity (which is also why he wasn't there in 2015).

Port Aventura in Spain did use The Caretaker for their haunt season one year.

Because Japan is a completely different beast of an event, it's hard to say which icon would make the cut. But most likely Jack because he'd be the most similar to Beetlejuice (no pun intended.. maybe).

2) Would the Bloody Mary copyright not work in Japan and would they have theoretically been free to use her there?
It's tough to say. They have featured The Grudge & The Ring, so it wouldn't be too crazy that Bloody Mary could do well. But that ridiculous copyright is tricky ....did I mention ridiculous?

As a follow up to that; are there any very similar legends in Japan (like La Llorona in Spanish cultures) that they could have used instead (again, in a timeline where Japan’s HHN debuted in the 2000s)?
Asian countries in general are full of myths, legends & folklore! Doesn't need to be in the early 2000s era.

Best example would be HHN SINGAPORE. They've been doing different myths/legends for the past several years at their event. I'm super jealous! They've pulled from Thailand, Singapore, Japan & I think China too. It's amazing.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343
This has crossed my mind recently:

Do the Heralds truly have free will, or is it all pre-determined/destined by Adaru? In the Demons Among Us book from Fear's lore, it's stated that the Heralds are manifested/reincarnated every 5000 years for Adaru's summoning, so I wonder if the moments that led up to each Icon becoming who they are was puppeteered by Adaru?

It could be a Loki Season 1 situation where everything in the Infinity Saga was written out by Kang, as he carved the path for every moment?