The Icons and Lore Thread | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Icons and Lore Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HHN had its "local haunt" era and it has moved way beyond that

It is now an uncontrolable juggernaut

Why I might be ready to move on. I hate to gatekeep but sometimes mass popularity really can make something less enjoyable, and I think my visit this year was when it really hit me that the event is never going to reach its previous peaks again. If I had a time machine I would just live in the aughts forever...

...and then I remember Velocicoaster with Iron Gwazi coming, and reconsider.

Last edited:
Why I might be ready to move on. I hate to gatekeep but sometimes mass popularity really can make something less enjoyable.
Lol gatekeeping is thrown around a lot..I'm not sure it applies to most of the times people use it

It's no secret that crowds affect the way the event is approached in terms of set up and scare consistency

I always say HHN is an arena rock show

HOS, by comparison, is seeing an alt band at a local theater

There's really no other horror event doing the numbers of HHN Orlando though...so I give them benefit of the doubt for their approach

Lol gatekeeping is thrown around a lot

It's no secret that crowds affect the way the event is approached in terms of set up and scare consistency

I always say HHN is an arena rock show

HOS, by comparison, is seeing an alt band at a local theater

There's really no other horror event doing the numbers of HHN Orlando though...so I give them benefit of the doubt for their approach

HHN = Metallica
HOS = Megadeth

Down in Dade City (near Tampa) there’s Scream-a-geddon which is a pretty backwoods haunt, but pretty cool. In Orlando, Petrified Forest is usually the one I go to. If Dark Horizon had survived (or if it ever comes back), I enjoyed that quite a bit.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I thought the old school lore was the least interesting aspect of this year. Wicket Growth had the more interesting story. IMO, it’s time to put the Icons and lore to bed and create new stories and icon. Bring on the Pumpkin Lord for 31!

I thought the old school lore was the least interesting aspect of this year. Wicket Growth had the more interesting story. IMO, it’s time to put the Icons and lore to bed and create new stories and icon. Bring on the Pumpkin Lord for 31!

I’ve only seen vids for few of the attractions, but the Icons house looked boring as hell. Gorewood Forest looked alright but it’s weird that it didn’t include all of the creatures of Terra Cruentus (not even all of Gorewood itself), and it’s pretty stupid that they didn’t include a sacrifice when that was the one of the more famous aspects of HHN 15*. I read somewhere that the original concepts was that Terra Cruentus would be in New York and the Icons house was to end with Fear torturing the Icons and I don’t know why they didn’t go with that.

*I said this before but why put the Terra Queen in the merchandise for this year and 2020 when the creative team didn’t do Jack with the character for this year? She didn’t even appear in the Icons House!

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
I’ve only seen vids for few of the attractions, but the Icons house looked boring as hell. Gorewood Forest looked alright but it’s weird that it didn’t include all of the creatures of Terra Cruentus (not even all of Gorewood itself), and it’s pretty stupid that they didn’t include a sacrifice when that was the one of the more famous aspects of HHN 15*. I read somewhere that the original concepts was that Terra Cruentus would be in New York and the Icons house was to end with Fear torturing the Icons and I don’t know why they didn’t go with that.

*I said this before but why put the Terra Queen in the merchandise for this year and 2020 when the creative team didn’t do Jack with the character for this year? She didn’t even appear in the Icons House!

I couldn’t agree more and would have gladly taken a Terra Cruentus house over Scary or Icons.

The projection system for Bloody Mary in 2008. Anyone got some pics of the Usher’s from 2009. I know I saw pics but I can’t find where.
3363137814_6dbbc83b68_b.jpg
2971904481_07516b124b_o_d.jpg
2972750828_c47534b41e_o_d.jpg
2971904825_1d756be182_o_d.jpg
2971905015_966164a7b8_o_d.jpg
2992539838_0ca580d57e_o_d.jpg