The Jingle Cruise | Inside Universal Forums

The Jingle Cruise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 20, 2013
Someplace I think
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...lidays-at-disneyland-park-magic-kingdom-park/

We just got word from our friends in Walt Disney Imagineering that an Adventureland attraction will receive its first-ever holiday makeover this year. Beginning in early November, Jungle Cruise at both Disneyland park and Magic Kingdom Park will temporarily transform into “Jingle Cruise” for the holiday season!

In this new seasonal storyline of the attraction, the Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they’ve added holiday cheer to the Jungle Cruise queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they’ve created themselves). The Skippers have also added a slew of new jokes to their tours that are the perfect way to get guests in the holiday spirit. Additionally, Jungle Cruise boats have been renamed with the holidays in mind, and if guests listen carefully, they may hear a holiday-themed radio broadcast playing in the background.
Jingle Cruise will begin launches in early November at both parks.

So TDO, if this means you're getting back into the swing of holiday overlays, can we please get the Country Bear Christmas Special back? :lol:

Last edited:
I am all for Holiday overlays. Even though this is a fairly simple one, any support we can show may encourage more. I would really like Haunted Mansion Holiday and the IASW Holiday overlays.

I would absolutely love to have the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay in Haunted Mansion. That looked absolutely amazing!

I am all for Holiday overlays. Even though this is a fairly simple one, any support we can show may encourage more. I would really like Haunted Mansion Holiday and the IASW Holiday overlays.

Agreed. And I will make sure when I go to catch this. Not a ride I go on every time I go to MK, so glad I saw this here, so I know to go on it.

I'm excited to see this (in DLR where I'll be this holiday) and I'm glad WDW is getting in on the fun too.

Right now I'm just hoping they keep the Christmas decorations limited to just the queue/dock and the boat itself. If they put Christmas lights in the trees or put Santa hats on the animals I'm gonna lose it.

Right now I'm just hoping they keep the Christmas decorations limited to just the queue/dock and the boat itself. If they put Christmas lights in the trees or put Santa hats on the animals I'm gonna lose it.
I'd expect a Santa Hat and obviously fake beard on Trader Sam. And maybe one of the Gorillas shaking the crap out of a mangled Christmas Tree in the base camp scene.

Last edited:
Looking forward to experiencing it in person sometime in the coming weeks. Going to hold off on watching that video. :p

Do yourself a favor, and don't go on the ride with high expectations. No decor on the entire ride except for Trader Sam, the boats, and the queue line, and the jokes aren't even funny.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Were the jokes ever funny? Not watching as I'm going this weekend,but I will definitely keep expectations in check.

Does anyone here know anyone in park operations at the MK? I would love to know the exact fog system they run continuously on the beginning of this ride. PM me if you feel you must be hush about it.

Nevermind, it has to be something like the Koolfog system which is hyper high-pressure water forced through micro nozzles. Ain't this purdy!

fog-in-large-ponds.jpg