The Jingle Cruise | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

The Jingle Cruise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There's two ways to make money: increase quality, quantity, and justification so people spend more/more people come or keep the same attendance/customers and reduce spending in other places. Take a guess what TDO is doing now.

There's two ways to make money: increase quality, quantity, and justification so people spend more/more people come or keep the same attendance/customers and reduce spending in other places. Take a guess what TDO is doing now.
Obviously increasing quality. WDW has never been better! EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!!!

What..? Maybe in the most basic understanding of business....WDW is close to hitting diminishing returns. Anymore people and that place would explode. Not to mention the issue of their market, which, once again, is not fitting for things like temporary holiday overlays. I'm just as annoyed as anyone about Disney's stagnation in terms of recent development but staying away from overlays just makes sense.

I'm a fan of the holiday overlays, even as crappy as the Jingle Cruise I saw last year. At least it's SOMETHING different, which is also why I don't mind the Frozen additions. Don't beg for Disney to add anything new to the parks and then balk when it's Frozen. :lol:

What..? Maybe in the most basic understanding of business....WDW is close to hitting diminishing returns. Anymore people and that place would explode. Not to mention the issue of their market, which, once again, is not fitting for things like temporary holiday overlays. I'm just as annoyed as anyone about Disney's stagnation in terms of recent development but staying away from overlays just makes sense.

Anymore people and the place would explode? How about if they kept Wonders of Life open? Or added the expansions they planned throughout the 90s. What about the capacity removed form the mid-90s that they're finally replacing in MK?

They've made their bed here. There is expansion in Orlando but it's not what Disney's going for.

^An expansion isn't a holiday overlay...? Youre absolutely correct that the capacity has diminished. For now they can barely support the amount of people that attend anyway...yet the extra attendance that they would draw with something like Haunted Mansion Holiday would be negligible anyway. No matter how you want to put it, it doesn't make sense in the WDW market. If you want to talk about expansion opportunities and stuff like that, the Jingle Cruise thread on the topic of holiday overlays isn't the place for it, because that's a completely separate issue that I wholeheartedly agree with.

So disappointed with this. Acually with my mini disney vacation. Will be writing a trip report in the coming days.