The Last of Us (HHN 2023) | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
The Last of Us is coming to Halloween Horror Nights! #HHN32 #UniversalHHN

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Really excited for this. I hope they don’t hold back on the gore and brutality, though I am afraid they’ll “Stranger Things” this house and make it more of a walkthrough attraction rather than a haunted house…

My #1 anticipated list and I’m glad they’re doing this based on the video games. While not the first video game house, I do certainly hope this reopens the door for video game IPs to come.

I wonder if they’ll mix elements of the show as well?

Last edited:
It doesn't look like it but this maze/scare zone would have been prefect for the lower lot sets....I know its not happening but would have been perfect

Really excited for this. I hope they don’t hold back on the gore and brutality, though I am afraid they’ll “Stranger Things” this house and make it more of a walkthrough attraction rather than a haunted house…
The fact they’re being selective in where this house is set actually makes me interested to how far they go with Pittsburgh, as opposed to being a Stranger Things in it encompassing the entire product.

Looking at the key-art of this maze, I don’t why, but I find it mind-boggling just seeing a PlayStation logo on it. It’s not even a big deal at all, yet something about it just fascinates me. It’s like the equivalent of seeing a Mickey logo on Super Smash Bros when Sora was announced.

I do certainly hope this reopens the door for video game IPs to come.
Just spitballing, but the first ones I wondered that could be HHN material are FNAF or Metroid (Dread or Fusion, probably), though those are less realistic looking IPs, which is opposite from what HHN seems to usually go for. Though there is the FNAF movie coming.

If either of those ever happen...I might actually consider braving HHN for once just for those mazes. Helps that SNW will be a safe zone, provided it'll be open (which I have no idea about for this one since it'll be the first HHN since SNW's opening. I know HP wasn't open for years, but I think it comes down to the Big N's discretion.) Though that said, I've no interest in TLOU but another game being repped at HHN is very interesting and I'm happy for the TLOU fans.

That said, this might be a shocker, but I've never been to HHN in my life, and just read up on it. Simply because I don't like horror movies, and it doesn't mix well with not liking gore played for horror, which is often the bread and butter for horror and HHN mazes, and having seen video footage of some of them, being immersed in that kind of setting isn't my cup of tea. ^^''