The Magic, the Memories, and You! | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Magic, the Memories, and You!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What did you think?

• Awesome. They did it perfectly.

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Pretty good. I'd change it a bit, but I like it.

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Meh. I don't care.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • It's okay, but I kinda wish they hadn't.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • No. Just . . . no.

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
It'll be Memories, then Parade, then Wishes.

Oh ok :thumbs:

In that case, while I thought the tech for the projection was awesome, like some others I'm not really all that interested in a bunch of random people's pictures. So I'm excited to see what else they'll do with the projectors, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see the show.

So I guess my vote is meh.

Great picture showing off where around the Hub the new projectors are located:

IMG_3500.jpg

I was thoroughlty surprised when I saw this show on Wednesday. I must congratulate Disney on a job well done and that I hope they will implement the technology in the future.

I had really low expectations for this, but I'm really impressed! I love the projections, and of course I love anything that gives a nod to my new favorite Disney movie. :thumbs:

I know the video is up and everything but here are some photos of the show. Don't hate on them too much. I took them on my phone and some of them might be slightly crooked. Just tilt your head.

FxCam_1295743507500-1.jpg

FxCam_1295743591213-1.jpg

FxCam_1295743617739-1.jpg

FxCam_1295743820784.jpg

FxCam_1295743838551.jpg

FxCam_1295743959153.jpg

FxCam_1295743812841.jpg

Reactions: SweeneysGalMegz
This is my favorite for obvious reasons. The pictures over all aren't that bad, nice job.

Thank you. They actually shoot better in lower light than my pocket digital. Obv I could get better shots if I took the D40 but it's a pain to lug around. I set aside certain days to take the D40. So regardless. I'm really pleased with how well the shots of this, the parade, Wishes came out. Some of them will be showing up.

Disneyland's version of the show premiered last night. It's projected onto IASW instead of the castle, since Sleeping Beauty's castle is a lot smaller than Cinderella's castle and IASW. Here's a video from Inside the Magic.
[video=youtube;g3mvOdxXKg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3mvOdxXKg0&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Personally, I think most of the effects look better on Cinderella's castle, but thats just me. If you want to judge for yourself, you can watch this split screen video, also from Inside the Magic, since both of them use the same audio.
[video=youtube;iMVDS_9tKqI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iMVDS_9tKqI[/video]

The effects are much more flattering and creative on the castle. They just look like part of a screen projection on the Small World. On the castle, it looks like it's actually part of it.

As mush as everyone here likes it. I am kinda meh about it. First off, I love the projection tech that they used, kudos to Disney! :thumbs: But the show, I have to say its very flashy with the pictures / animations and later on the show gets kinda boring to say the least. So overall, LOVE the tech - not that mush the show.

As mush as everyone here likes it. I am kinda meh about it. First off, I love the projection tech that they used, kudos to Disney! :thumbs: But the show, I have to say its very flashy with the pictures / animations and later on the show gets kinda boring to say the least. So overall, LOVE the tech - not that mush the show.

I agree with you on some parts of that. The tech and majority of the effects are amazing, although just having pics popping up gets kind of boring. They only really have exciting :jaw: moments every now and then, which I wouldn't mind if everything else was just a little bit less boring.

But being there would not only look cooler, but the guests won't really know what they're about to watch, and trying to find your picture will definitely add to the fun.

But being there would not only look cooler, but the guests won't really know what they're about to watch, and trying to find your picture will definitely add to the fun.

But then you get mad or upset you didn't see your pic (or its the one you didn't want up their :lol:).