The Magic, the Memories, and You! | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

The Magic, the Memories, and You!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What did you think?

• Awesome. They did it perfectly.

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • Pretty good. I'd change it a bit, but I like it.

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Meh. I don't care.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • It's okay, but I kinda wish they hadn't.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • No. Just . . . no.

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters
wow amazed at how critical people are of small things. Is this the show were they use guests photos or all disney. If they are using guest and old photos kind of hard as there was no amazing photos back in the 70's and 80 or early 90's to compete with today's technology.

The show is going to be updated for the Christmas season. From the Disney Parks Blog:

This is my favorite time of year in the Disney Parks. The air is cool, holiday decorations are going up and all the fantastic, seasonal entertainment is ready to debut. And this year, our Creative Entertainment team has something new to unwrap!

Since its premiere last January, our projection show “The Magic, The Memories and You!” has been wowing guests. Each night the show is presented, the faces of Cinderella Castle at the Walt Disney World Resort and “it’s a small world” at the Disneyland Resort have been transformed with magical special effects, animation and images of our guests captured by Disney PhotoPass photographers during the day.

For the holiday season, we’re updating one of the segments of the show with a musical score filled with favorite holiday tunes and pictures of guests celebrating in the parks. Starting tomorrow in Magic Kingdom Park, Cinderella Castle will appear to be wrapped in gift paper and bows, covered in candy stripes and more!

These photos give you an idea of the fun in store. They’re of some of the actual mattes that will be projected on the surface of Cinderella Castle. “The Magic, The Memories and You!” art director, Tom Zofrea, created these images in such a way that, when projected from various points around the park’s Central Plaza, they produce the effect that the Castle is built from gingerbread.

At Disneyland park, the holiday segment of “The Magic, The Memories and You!” begins Nov. 18, turning the façade of “it’s a small world” Holiday into a giant snow globe and an icy winter wonderland, among other surprises. The attraction will even get its own gingerbread treatment. Looks delicious!

Not the best quality I've seen from Attractions Magazine, but it will have to do for now. :smiley:

[video=youtube;ock7vd_RdLM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ock7vd_RdLM&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

The show won a THEA award for Outstanding Achievement- Show Spectacular. From Disney Parks Blog:

Earlier today, the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) announced the winners of the 18th Annual Thea Awards, recognizing excellence in the creation of extraordinary visitor experiences, attractions, exhibits and places.

“The Magic, The Memories & You!” show at Magic Kingdom Park was honored with the Award for Outstanding Achievement – Show Spectacular

Star Tours and Joe Rohde were also honored.

The winter version is beautiful. Not as beautiful though as the regular show (I am obligated to say that as my girlfriend is a permanent video clip on the original) :ears:

A very cool but, unfortunately, very flawed website Disney posted to Facebook a few days ago that I happened to miss: http://www.disneymemoriesshow.com/

It connects to your Facebook account and gathers pictures (I presume) from albums with names like Disney World, Disneyland, Magic Kingdom, Vacation, etc. and put them into a virtual Magic, Memories, and You show. Unfortunately, it gathered pictures from my Vacation 2010 Part 1 album - with Disney tags - that had a lot of Hard Rock photos in it, so I essentially saw a bunch of framed memorabilia on Cinderella's Castle :lol: But definitely feel free to give it a shot. I'll try again and maybe it will play different photos.

When I was at the Wishes Desert Party I had a really good view of the show to be honest I liked it better than Wishes but Wishes is still awesome :mickey2:

The announcement was literally in the middle of all the Universal hoopla. :lol: Check the tweet times.